English tourists in Rodos

by RALEONE Online Now Jul 19, 2004 at 5:47 AM

What about English tourists in Rodos?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • MrBill's Profile Photo

Re: English tourists in Rodos

by MrBill Online Now Jul 19, 2004 at 7:34 AM

They're annoying, but not illegal. I am not sure of the legal limit, but so long as you're only bringing them along for personal consumption, it will probably be alright? There are lots of them in Cyprus, so supply shouldn't be a concern. Do not overfeed them, or give them too much to drink. Don't talk about football or Euro2004 in any case. Good luck with them. Cheers. Bill.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • StefanosS's Profile Photo

Re: English tourists in Rodos

by StefanosS Online Now Jul 19, 2004 at 2:33 PM

Last year there were troubles with specific British hooligan youngster groups brought by an Agency promising that in Greece you can do whatever you want. In two cases some of them were arrested and brought to the court for killing one of their buddies and for dancing naked in the streets. In both cases they were blind drunk. This year I didn't hear anything about troubles. Stefanos Thessaloniki, Greece

• MrBill's Profile Photo

Re: Re: English tourists in Rodos

by MrBill Online Now Jul 19, 2004 at 11:39 PM

I think this year Greece was spared because the British hooligans were blind drunk, dancing in the streets in Portugal, at least up until they got eliminated from Euro2004. As for killing their buddies, that would have been in Agia Napa this summer already. Drink all day together, have an argument, stab one another to death. Great summer vacation. Thank goodness only a small minority, of course. All groups of foreign nationals can be loud, if they are in large groups together, and fuelled by enough alcohol. Of course, some groups are more prone to seek out these conditions under their own volition. Cheers.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines