Rodos (City) Travel Answers

change location

Pefkos

by bobbyjoy Online Now Jun 11, 2004 at 8:57 AM

Hi there, am going to pefkos in july. has anyone stayed in the ilyssion hotel? Does anyone know of a bar called Elamesa in pefkos, friends of mine took it over years ago i think, does it still exist are they still there, Patsy & Mike Bobby

Quote & Answer
17 Answers
  • marcandsusan's Profile Photo

Re: Pefkos

by marcandsusan Online Now Jun 12, 2004 at 8:13 AM

hi bobby i havent stayed at this hotel but my parents have they say the hotel is great but a little bit away from the centre of Pefkos although it has some great amenitites,two pools ,a/c,jacuzzi if you have any particular questions let me know and ill ask my parents when are you going in July? marc and susan

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer

Re: Pefkos

by marcandsusan Online Now Jun 13, 2004 at 7:31 AM

hi bobby pat and mike still run the Elamesa go to the following webpage for info and a phone number if you like http:/freewebhosting.hostdepartmen... regards marc and susan

• Re: Re: Pefkos

by bobbyjoy Online Now Jun 15, 2004 at 1:49 AM

Thanks for information, will try and contact mike & patsy and let them know we are coming to Pefkos, it's funny how you loose touch with people, can't think of how long it is since they moved to Greece, but I moved out the Skipton area about 4 years ago, which is where I knew them from, we had some fantasic times in the bar they set up above their house, how are they?, did you spend some time with them? Bobby

by bobbyjoy Online Now Jun 15, 2004 at 1:56 AM

Great news about the ilyssion, I had read some write ups off the holiday truths site that didn't give it any hope, but these were dated 2003 &02, so what your parents say makes me feel better, mike and I are going on 3rd July, any info you have of good places to eat etc, will be great as we are only there for a week, and don't want to spead the whole week sussing out places, how long does it take to walk to pefkos from hotel? thanks Bobby

Re: Re: Pefkos

by marcandsusan Online Now Jun 15, 2004 at 1:56 AM

hi bobby we only met them a few times but we did have some great nights there.we were staying at th Tzina studios and they knew the owners who introduced us. not sure if they would remember us as they must meet loads of people,we may even pop down when we are there next week marc and susan

by marcandsusan Online Now Jun 15, 2004 at 2:28 AM

hi bobby by memory the places to eat are Smile(not very greek i know!!) it is right beside the childrens play park on the way to the main pefkos beach and nostalgia which is a little bit more expensive but the food is great. all the resturants and bars are basically in one main street. your hotel is about a 10-20 min walk to the main street but your hotel is right on its own beach.i would recomend going to the pefkos beach as well this is at the main crossroads then turn right as this beach is very sheltered well worth the stroll. we also enjoyed the "pefkos by night bar" but in general try a few as personal taste is what counts and some bars etc may have changed hands since we went there we are staying at the "sunday apartments" in ixiaso if you go to rhodes town pop in on the way by speak soon marc and susan

by bobbyjoy Online Now Jun 15, 2004 at 3:12 AM

Thanks for your help, What dates are you going to rhodes? hope you have a lovely holiday, we are hireing a motorbike when we get there so we can get round the island, if you pop into pefkos and see patsy & mike tell to have a drink on the bar for me, that's if they still remember me! tell them Bobby who drunk them out of house and home in Skipton!! Bobby (Happy Holidays) Should stop this now as I'm surrposed to be working!!

by marcandsusan Online Now Jun 15, 2004 at 6:27 AM

hi bobby we are going next wednesday(23/06) for two weeks i always hire a scooter too the best way to see the island. make sure you go to the "valley of the butterflies" and the "seven springs" always worth seeing once. would be great to meet for a beer you know us Scots love beer!!!!!!! take care marc and susan

by bobbyjoy Online Now Jun 15, 2004 at 8:09 AM

That would be nice, maybe could meet you on the sunday early afternoon or later on in the evening in Pat & Mike's bar if we can find it, let us know, we don't get into rhodes until early Sunday morning, so will properly need a siesta before dinner in the hotel. I know how scot's like there drink, my father was born in peebles and I lived in Walkerburn near peebles for 10 Years with my now ex husband, so have scottish blood. Bobby

by peepsw Online Now Jun 15, 2004 at 4:00 PM

Have a look at my site www.pjwillsher.com. There is a page dedicated to Elamessa with lots of pictures. Also some general ones of Rhodes. Say hello to Mike and Pat for me. Peter.

by peepsw Online Now Jun 15, 2004 at 4:24 PM

You could also try here: groups.msn.com/FriendsofPefk... For more info on Pefkos. Lots of usefull info and a map of the resort. Peter

by bobbyjoy Online Now Jun 16, 2004 at 2:09 AM

Thanks for the information, I will say Hi to Pat & Mike, have you been a few times? sounds like you know them quite well! I have had a look at your site, it has some lovely photo's on it, I'm not very good at the web site stuff, just came across the VirtualTourist by off chance, whilst doing a bit of homework about Pefkos. Will look at the other site at lunch time, as once again I'm surrposed to be working!!! I must be getting into the holiday mood!! Bobby

by peepsw Online Now Jun 16, 2004 at 2:45 PM

I have been twice and spent most evenings at Elamesa. I got to know Mike and Pat quite well, especially being a Man Utd fan went down well with Mike!! Tell them it was Peter from Newcastle who was there May 02 and May 03. I took some shirts for Mike. They will remember. Cheers. Peter

• Re: Pefkos***Elamesa***

by CeliaM Online Now Jun 23, 2004 at 3:44 AM

Hi Bobby, Just got back from 2 weeks in Pefkos which was amazing!!! Stayed at the Stella Apartments with a balcony view of Elamesa and within hearing distance of their music. Had a brilliant time and made Elamesa our local. Pat's son Dave is a wee star, a proper honey although he thought I was wanting straight vodka when I ordered a Long Vodka, says it must be a Scottish thing!!!!! I think not!!!! But I taught them how to make it so order one when you're out there and test his skills and memory!!! Have a good time. Celia

• Re: Re: Pefkos***Elamesa***

by bobbyjoy Online Now Jun 23, 2004 at 6:38 AM

Great to know you had a fantastic time, we are really looking forward to going, I have never been to Rhodes before, (although my friend has, he stayed at Afandou) so I can't wait. It's a shame it's only a week, but still, one week is better then none. Am also looking forward to catching up with Mike & Patsy, don't really know Patsy's son's that well, even though we have met before. Bobby

• Re: Re: Pefkos***Elamesa***

by Beckyturner1 Online Now Jul 18, 2004 at 8:09 AM

Yeh i went to Pefkos this June and went nearly every night to Elamesa cocktail bar.It dose still exists, and Pat and Mike are still there.They are great people and we became good mates with them and there sons!Dave is the best though!Me and my cosuin call him and his brother Mike the donkeys of Pefkos.Nah there great and were most def going to return there next June 20051

• RE: RE: Pefkos

by elamesabarpefkos Online Now Apr 5, 2005 at 12:00 PM

Hi its Dave, pat n mikes son from ELAMESA PEFKOS. Ive lost my book of email address so ive lost contact wiv nearly evry1. if u want 2 contact me please email. daveolie@hotmail.com or add me to your msn messanger.
    1 person i would like 2 hear from is Becky Turner because of er verry funny coments on here bout me. look foward 2 c in u all soon.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines