Rocky Mountain National Park

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Best things to do

Pagosa Springs Jul 12, 2014 at 6:41 PM

Hello: We are visiting Pagosa Springs in 3 weeks and would like to know what you think are the best things we should do for sure.

Thanks.

more
    • what to wear in July

Crested Butte Jun 26, 2014 at 11:21 AM

I have never been to Crested Butte. Will be there in 2 days (June 28th). Confused by low temps. Don't know how to pack or what people wear there.

more
    • 6 or 7-day road trip

Colorado Jul 3, 2014 at 10:32 AM

Hello! We are planning a sightseeing trip to Colorado in mid to late September, and wanted some advise/suggestions on a travel route and itinerary. We would love to see some fall foliage. Will these dates work for that? Some of the places we would like to visit are RMNP, Maroon Bells, Black Canyon, Ouray, Pike's Peak, and Leadville. Are there others that you would suggest? What would be the best itinerary? I just don't want to make our travel days so "full" that we are rushed to get to the next spot! Thanks so much!

more
    • Oneill2905's Profile Photo

Best Hikes and things to do.

by Oneill2905 Online Now Jun 21, 2014 at 8:16 AM

Me and my husband will be spending 2 and a half days in RMNP during August and staying near Estes Park. I have been looking at things to do and wondered if anyone could help narrow down to the best things to do in the short time we have. We love hiking and being out in nature and have found the following things:

Drive on Trail Ridge and visit the Alpine Visitor Centre (considering this on the day we arrive from Casper)
      I have seen trails for Bear Lake, and Nymph to Emerald Lake is this all on the same trail?
      Alberta Falls Trail
      Adams Falls Trail
      Sky Pond Trail
      Chasm Lake
      Ghost Tour at Stanley Hotel

As we will not have time to do all of these any help or advice on what to pick over another would be great, we do plan to head off early to try and beat some of the crowds at this time of year.

4 Answers Jul 4, 2014 at 4:30 AM
    • what should we do

by pburks Online Now Apr 27, 2014 at 8:07 AM

we have 4 days to spend in rocky mountain national park. How should we spend our time?

7 Answers May 31, 2014 at 5:17 AM
    • September Adventure Activities for 18 & 20 year old kids & mom

by lorikletschka Online Now Apr 10, 2014 at 1:37 PM

Going to spend a week at a cabin in Estes Park on the river. Although I want to do a lot of hiking & taking photoes & viewing wildlife, my kids are at the age where they also want adventures. They are both very physically fit, outdoorsy & extremely adventurous. In or around Rocky Mtn Park/Estes Park do they offer activities such as off road adventures with ATVs, Jeeps or Rzrs? Maybe some zipline courses through the forest? Rafting? Any other exciting activities? Thanks

3 Answers May 31, 2014 at 5:19 AM
    • Where to go and what to see.

by MarkJohns Online Now Nov 27, 2013 at 1:00 AM

My wife and I are planning on spending 3 months this summer (June -Sept) driving our motorhome from Dallas, Texas up through RMNP, on to Yellowstone and Grande Tetons then on to Calgary and Canadian Rockies ending in Vancouver. As we are from Australia we need some help with all there is to see. We will be towing a car so can use that to do sight seeing, etc.

8 Answers Dec 4, 2013 at 12:22 AM
    • PatF36's Profile Photo

Accessing RMNP from the western entrance.

by PatF36 Online Now Jul 14, 2013 at 7:32 PM

We will be staying in grand lake during the last week in July. What is trail ridge road like in the pre dawn hours, or in the late evenings? How long does it take to reach the eastern trail heads from the west? Do you have any suggestions for visitors staying near the western part of the park?

3 Answers Jul 25, 2013 at 5:27 AM
    • PatF36's Profile Photo

Accessing the park from the western entrance.

by PatF36 Online Now Jul 14, 2013 at 7:28 PM

We will be staying in the grand lake area during the last week in July. What is trail ridge road like in the pre dawn or In the evening? How long will it take to reach the eastern trail heads from the west?

1 Answer Jul 18, 2013 at 10:32 AM
    • deb101's Profile Photo

4-5 days in rocky mtns where should we go?

by deb101 Online Now Jun 22, 2013 at 7:50 AM

We are driving from Las Vegas ending up in the Rocky Mountains for 4-5 days before going to Denver and flying home to Australia.

We are happy to walk as long as it isn't too strenuous and not for more than an hour or two.
      Need some help as to where we should visit as the arabis so laege

Should we base ourselves in on or 2 locations? where?
      We would want budget accommodation
      Also in rockys what are the must sees?

Thanks

3 Answers Jun 25, 2013 at 1:53 PM
    • Homanded's Profile Photo

How many days in RMNP?

by Homanded Online Now Jun 15, 2013 at 2:54 PM

I usually go to Grand Tetons/Yellowstone once a year and have been doing so for about 25 years.
      How many days do you suggest in RMNP? 2 full days or 3?
      We'll be staying in Estes

4 Answers Jun 25, 2013 at 1:58 PM
    • Best place to stay to visit the Rocky Mountain NP, CO?

by Twish77 Online Now Jun 8, 2013 at 11:41 AM

Hi, just wondered if anyone had any advice please? Visiting the Rocky Mountain National Park in August and just wondered where the best place to stay would be? Boulder, Longmont, Estes Park or Loveland? We will be heading north after RMNP to Mount Rushmore, therefore wondering whether Loveland would be best as it would shorten our travel time north, whilst still being a gateway to RMNP city. Plus Boulder seems to be booked up :( Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

5 Answers Jul 5, 2013 at 1:01 AM
    • kgiesting's Profile Photo

Disabled trails/activities

by kgiesting Online Now Aug 5, 2011 at 12:07 PM

What's accessible via wheelchair (actually a Segway?)? Would love to do some trails. Can handle anything except steps and sand.

3 Answers May 1, 2013 at 1:34 PM
    • A week in Rocky Mountain National Park

by stewiee Online Now Feb 27, 2011 at 2:11 PM

What do you think about a week for such a beautiful place.
      Do you know any MUST see places?

Thanks.

3 Answers Feb 28, 2011 at 8:55 PM
    • traveling in a travel bus

by rcamarig Online Now Jun 3, 2010 at 12:52 PM

We have a 40' travel bus. What roads in RMNP are easy to access in a vehicle of this size?

1 Answer Jun 3, 2010 at 1:45 PM
    • lomi's Profile Photo

Accommodation

by lomi Online Now Mar 19, 2010 at 10:24 AM

I am considering this area for a month in August and traveling from Europe.

Can you suggest the best places to stay? My husband and I are in our 50's/60's, but are fit and love hiking, we love rural life (but not camping). Are there log cabins for rent for example anywhere?

2 Answers Mar 23, 2010 at 3:41 PM
    • High altitute health risks?

by kimjacocks Online Now Apr 14, 2007 at 2:55 PM

We will be traveling to Estes Park, near Rocky mountain National Park in June. I'm bringing my elderly father who has some health problems...like heart and mild enphazema. Also bringing my 4 lb yorkie that's like my child....any health risk for her? We live in Louisiana. The highest altitude my dad has been is the Smokies.

Thanks,
      Kim

3 Answers Apr 28, 2007 at 6:48 AM
    • Best place to stay while visiting?

by gvtraveler Online Now Jan 14, 2006 at 8:09 AM

We are from the Gulf Coast and are planning a late May, early June trip to the Park. We're probably flying into Denver (have considered driving) I had thought Estes Park would be the best place to stay for around 4 days, but now that I've found this forum, I thought I'd ask. Is there a better place to stay? We're not looking for lots of "town" things like mini golf of such.

Thanks!

2 Answers Sep 23, 2006 at 12:59 AM
    • Packerman's Profile Photo

Driving with kids, where to stop, what to see

by Packerman Online Now Jun 27, 2005 at 6:49 AM

I have been in this park at least twice now, but I forget what route or stops to make. This will be the first time I do it with children. Any particular stops or a certain route I should take?

1 Answer Jul 8, 2005 at 10:56 AM
    • Driving to Rocky Mountain National Park

by decb Online Now Jun 22, 2004 at 9:56 PM

Estes Park and the National Park have been recommended as a great vacation. I am from the gulf coast and I am uneasy about driving in the mountains on winding roads. Can anyone tell me what the road would be like from Denver to Estes Park, say using Hwy 36? decb

4 Answers Jul 6, 2004 at 10:58 AM
    • Aspen Wind

by Carrot_Top Online Now Feb 6, 2004 at 10:39 AM

Has anyone stayed at Aspen Wind in Estes Park? It looks new and has a decent rate. Just wanted some feedback! Thanks!

• Colorado Rt. 34 or 36?

by bbopper Online Now May 26, 2003 at 7:39 AM

I am going to Drake CO, just east of Estes Park. I want the fastest route to take. WOuld going up Interstate 25 to 34 be the quickest or would going up 36 be faster. I don't want lots of traffic lights and windy roads. Thanks! Please email me your response--curlytop1011@msn.com

1 Answer May 26, 2003 at 7:41 AM