Rocky Mountain National Park Travel Answers

change location
kgiesting's Profile Photo

Disabled trails/activities

by kgiesting Online Now Aug 5, 2011 at 12:07 PM

What's accessible via wheelchair (actually a Segway?)? Would love to do some trails. Can handle anything except steps and sand.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • bocmaxima's Profile Photo

Re: Disabled trails/activities

by bocmaxima Online Now Aug 5, 2011 at 12:57 PM

If you Google "accessibility" + the national park name, you'll find the corresponding page for all of them. They're all required to have it per the ADA since they're federally-funded.

nps.gov/romo/planyourvisit/a...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • sheherezad's Profile Photo

by sheherezad Online Now Aug 5, 2011 at 5:55 PM

I just came back from Jasper and was informed by the Japser Rafts rower that people in wheel chairs had taken the float down the Athabasca River! I don't know if we are talking about the same park, though? Hope this helps!

• redbikegirl's Profile Photo

by redbikegirl Online Now May 1, 2013 at 1:34 PM

Sprague Lake and Bear Lake Loop - On both I would suggest getting there early in the morning to get spectacular pictures. Both of these are on the east side of the park.
    Lily Lake Loop - I believe is completely paved - it's about 5-6 miles outside of Estes Park on Highway 7.
    If you're planning on making the scenic drive across Trail Ridge Road - which is a must - stop at the Tundra Communities Trail. Traveling from east to west it's just before you get to the visitor's center on the right. There are some cool "mushroom rock" formations there. That's a totally paved trail as well.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Rocky Mountain National Park