Rocky Mountain National Park Travel Answers

change location

A week in Rocky Mountain National Park

by stewiee Online Now Feb 27, 2011 at 2:11 PM

What do you think about a week for such a beautiful place.
Do you know any MUST see places?

Thanks.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • bocmaxima's Profile Photo

Re: A week in Rocky Mountain National Park

by bocmaxima Online Now Feb 27, 2011 at 2:59 PM

Unless you're doing some backpacking, a week would be too long. 4 days would be a lot.
    There are scenic drives, cascades, beautiful views and some of the best hiking in the country.

http://www.nps.gov/romo/

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • johngayton's Profile Photo

by johngayton Online Now Feb 27, 2011 at 3:14 PM

Yes if hiking is your thing you have 355 miles of hiking trails plus the off-trail stuff - that would certainly keep you occupied for a week!!

I've only had one short (winter) afternoon there and so didn't really get out and about but it cetainly looks worth spending some serious outdoors time in.

For a base I'd recommend staying in Estes Park - that's a nice little town with lively nightlife, good restaurants and various accommodations. It's just outside the main Beaver Meadows entrance to the NP.

For hiking use the link the previous poster gives, following onto nps.gov/romo/planyourvisit/h... From the same page you can find info about campgrounds within the park.

• mikelisaanna's Profile Photo

by mikelisaanna Online Now Feb 28, 2011 at 8:55 PM

Unless you are going to do a lot of hiking, a week is too long. I would spend a few days in the park, and then spend the rest of the week driving around the mountains outside the park. Visit some of Colorado's historic old mining towns, such as Georgetown and Central City. Visit Boulder, a fun university town an hour away. There are a ton of things to see and do in COlorado. The key question is how much time you want to spend hiking, and how much driving are you willing to do.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Rocky Mountain National Park