Rockville Travel Answers

change location

getting from National

by oldcoot Online Now Aug 16, 2008 at 7:50 AM

Hi,
I am flying into National in mid Sept and not very train or bus savy. Is Supershuttle the best way to get to Hotel? It looks like I would have to change metro shuttles and an leary of getting lost. Any suggestions? Also any great places to see on a Sunday morning before my meetings start in the afternoon?
Thanks

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • olddude's Profile Photo

Re: getting from National

by olddude Online Now Aug 16, 2008 at 3:17 PM

It would help if we knew what hotel you were staying in to know your best transportation options. As far as things to see and do, again, that too depends on where you need to be later in the day Sunday.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: getting from National

by oldcoot Online Now Aug 25, 2008 at 3:30 AM

I am staying at the Hilton in Rockville, the one by the Twinbrook metro station. My main concern is just getting there from the airport. Thanks

• olddude's Profile Photo

Re: getting from National

by olddude Online Now Aug 25, 2008 at 9:52 AM

Depending on the number and size of your bags, the metro will be a great way for you to get to your hotel. You would only have to make one transfer from the airport so you probably won't get lost. Here is the map:

wmata.com/metrorail/systemma...

Also, off to the left on the same page, you can plan your trip and it will tell you exactly what you need to do to get where...even for the "non-savy" such as yourself. Hope you enjoy the city.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines