Rockport Travel Answers

change location

I'm Curious

by shelbyl12 Online Now Mar 6, 2010 at 10:06 PM

Is Rockport a good town to live in if you are about 20?

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Agraichen's Profile Photo

Re: I'm Curious

by Agraichen Online Now Mar 6, 2010 at 10:27 PM

It would all depend on your likes/dislikes in life. I lived just a few miles from there off of Rt 128 when I was 17-21 while in college and loved the place. I found it very relaxing and a great place for photography. BUT, I was only a 30-45 minute drive (or train ride from Beverly Farms) to Boston where there was lots of club action.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • xymmot's Profile Photo

by xymmot Online Now Mar 6, 2010 at 10:55 PM

Is this Rockport , Maine? Nice quiet town, a friend of mines retired there, yes it is quiet, but it depends on what you are looking for in life. The town will embrace you. I recently went to Portland , Maine and there is more going on there. I thought I was in Portland, Oregon sometimes. Very lay back and a good environment to get your bearings. The have a college in Portland with many young people in their 20's. I am much older, but if I was young I would go to Portland instead.

• alansm's Profile Photo

by alansm Online Now Mar 7, 2010 at 4:14 AM

This is a Massachusetts Forum, so I doubt very highly that the writer meant Rockport, Maine.

• fdrich29's Profile Photo

by fdrich29 Online Now Mar 7, 2010 at 6:53 PM

I grew up in the next town over, Gloucester and my aunt and her family live there. Rockport is a beautiful little town, very historic, right on the water, etc, so if that's what you're looking for you'll love it. If you have a car you'll be about 25-30 minutes from the Danvers and Peabody malls. There's a train that will get you to Boston in just over an hour. It's a very small, close-knit kind of town,of mostly older folks. The high school only graduates 20 or so people each year, something along those lines. So like the other poster said, it all depends on what you like. It's also a fairly expensive place to live. More than happy to help out with any other questions.

Frank

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines