Rochester Travel Answers

change location
dakogline's Profile Photo

...about my trip to Rochester!

by dakogline Online Now Jul 12, 2007 at 5:12 AM

Hello! I would like to travel from Athens, Greece to Rochester, USA and I am looking for a cheap trip. I was thinking to travel by airplane to JFK and to continue by train. I was looking for a train schedule but I didn't find anything. So I was thinking to ask for help!!!

Thanks a lot!!!

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • yvr's Profile Photo

Re: ...about my trip to Rochester!

by yvr Online Now Jul 12, 2007 at 5:58 AM

Amtrak has the following trains departing NY Penn Station for Rochester, one way coach seat is USD70.00.
    Maple Leaf, departs 715am, arrives 158pm
    Empire Service, departs 1045am, arrives 535pm
    Empire Service, departs 145pm, arrives 835pm
    Lakeshore Limited, departs 400pm, arrives 1100pm

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • dakogline's Profile Photo

by dakogline Online Now Jul 12, 2007 at 6:11 AM

Because I don't know nothing about New York Stations, NY Penn Station is locked in the airport JFK or not? It would be easier for me to take a train from the airport.

Thanks

• zuriga's Profile Photo

by zuriga Online Now Jul 12, 2007 at 6:19 AM

Penn Station is on the West Side of Manhattan - about 33rd St. You'll have to get there from JFK - by bus or another way. If you look at the JFK website, you'll see all the options for traveling into NYC.

• yvr's Profile Photo

by yvr Online Now Jul 12, 2007 at 3:42 PM

You might consider Newark Airport which might be easier to reach Penn Station from rather than JFK, however, the only direct flight from Athens to Newark is with Continental Airlines, so there airfare may not be the lowest and you may find that airlines that fly to JFK are less expensive. YOu might also consider Continental's connection to Rochester from Newark. You might compare costs between just flying to NYC or flying via Newark to Rochester. The layover in Newark is about 5 hours, but this is still less time than travelling into NYC and taking the train.

• Re: ...about my trip to Rochester!

by iabsar Online Now Jul 18, 2007 at 5:59 PM

There are connecting flights from JFK to Rochester for about100 - 125, e.g. there is a delta airlines flight connecting to Olympics direct flight from Athens. Unless there is some specific reason yopu want to take the train, you should fly. You won't save any money by going for the train. Flying may cost the same and a lot less hassle!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines