Rochester Travel Answers

change location
OiKnow's Profile Photo

Rochester Airport to Niagra Falls

by OiKnow Online Now May 14, 2005 at 5:47 AM

Later this month I have a morning free and I am looking for a way to get from the airport in Rochester to Niagra Falls for a quick look and back to the airport by around noon. I am looking for any suggestions, a short guided tour, taxi, rent a car? What is my best option. I'll only have 3-4 hours to take a quick look and be back in time to catch my flight home.

Thanks,

David

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • lthornton11's Profile Photo

RE: Rochester Airport to Niagra Falls

by lthornton11 Online Now May 16, 2005 at 9:11 AM

It's a 1.5 hour drive from ROC to Niagara Falls (87 miles). Buffalo is much closer if you can use that airport instead. I hope you get to see it!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: Rochester Airport to Niagra Falls

by jenmerkel Online Now Apr 13, 2006 at 6:25 PM

Hmmm.... you're cutting it really close. The previous poster said 1.5 hours but I'd say it was more like 2. And depending on weather (heavy rains/thunderstorms) or possible accidents, rush hour, etc. you could have an even rougher time of it. I wouldn't recommend this if you want to be back by noon.

Rochester isn't a common connection for airlines. Are you just looking for something to do before you go to the airport? If so, I would suggest you take a cab to the High Falls area where there's some fun things to do and even some (much smaller) falls to see.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines