Riva del Garda Travel Answers

change location
travel_girl23_08's Profile Photo

Riva Del Garda in October

by travel_girl23_08 Online Now Jul 28, 2008 at 8:43 AM

We booked to go to Riva Del Garda in October with my boyfriend for a week. We'll be staying in Hotel Villa Nicolli. What is the weather usually like in October

I've read somewhere that the season finishes the last week of September. Does that mean shops, restaurants, museums & other tourist attractions will be closed?

What about public transportations i.e. buses, trains, ferries, etc. will they run on reduce timings? We would like to go on a day trip to Verona & Venice, do we need to book a hotel overnight or is it still possible to do this as a day trip?

Is it still possible to see/visit other towns via ferry?

Can anybody please tell me if there is a tourist information in Riva Del Garda and whether they'll be open in October? What will be their opening time? Where is it located in Riva Del Garda?

Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • MARCUSMARCUS's Profile Photo

Re: Riva Del Garda in October

by MARCUSMARCUS Online Now Jul 28, 2008 at 8:55 AM

HELLO THERE, I'M LIVING JUST 30 KM FROM RIVA DEL GARDA. IT'S A QUITE NICE PLACE TO STAY BUT IS BETTER IN JULY-AUGUST BECAUSE IT'S ONLY A SUMMER VILLAGE!!. ANYWHERE FOR A WEEK IT'S A NICE PLACE. YOU CAN VISIT DESENZANO (JUST 25-30 KM FAR) OR SIRMIONE (40 KM FROM RIVA). RIVA DEL GARDA IT'S AT THE TOP OF GARDA LAKE. AND THE HOTELS ARE NOT SO EXPANSIVE. YOU CAN ALSO VISIT BRESCIA (MY COUNTRY)VERY VERY NICE. THE WEATHER IN OCTOBER IT'S QUITE GOOD (ABOUT 10-15°C) YOU CAN CONTACT ME FOR EVERY OTHER INFORMATION, AND IF YOU WANT I CAN SEND YOU A BROCHURE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS PLACE. SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH AND HOPE YOU CONTACT ME.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • GiorgioVRitaly's Profile Photo

by GiorgioVRitaly Online Now Jul 28, 2008 at 8:55 AM

• qaminari's Profile Photo

by qaminari Online Now Jul 28, 2008 at 1:26 PM

I hope you don't mean you want to do Verona and Venice in the same day! You will hardly see anything of either if you try to combine the two, even if it is only 27 minutes from Desenzano del Garda to Verona Porta Nuova (2 stops) on the same train that then takes another 30 minutes (5 stops) or so to Venezia Santa Lucia - final destination, Trieste. If you must attempt to do both I would recommend you go straight to Venice and then decide if you can fit in Verona on the way back, as you will then know how much time you want(ed) to spend in Venice.
    Of course there is a tourist office in Riva del Garda:
    Ingarda Trentino Tourist Office, Largo Medaglie d'Oro, 5, 38066 Riva del Garda (TN)
    Tel. 0464 554444, Fax 0464 520308, e-mail info@gardatrentino.it, www.gardatrentino.it
    As for boats on the lake, the summer timetable only runs till 28/9 but there should be a winter one, see navigazionelaghi.it/eng/gar/...

• effeti's Profile Photo

by effeti Online Now Jul 28, 2008 at 3:04 PM

Well, don't worry. It will be quiet, but not a desert. With a population of around 15,000 residents (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riva_d... Riva has a lot of things working all year round.
    You will sunbath only if very lucky, yes... but you could even enjoy it more without the crowds.
    Gaminari is right. Not Verona and Venice in the same day.
    Verona is an easy reach by ATV bus ( around 2 hour, direct line http://www.aptv.it/pdf/62-64.pdf but this is the summer timetable, check again before laving.. there wil be less)

Also the ferries will be on reduced schedule, but there will be something.

As for the weather... Well, we had very warm (to close to hot) octobers, and chilly and wet ones. Just cross your fingers!
    Ciao
    Francesco

• ricky52's Profile Photo

by ricky52 Online Now Jul 28, 2008 at 4:03 PM

Trying to predict the weather can be difficult because of local on the day variations.
    This information should be used as a guide only.
    Here is the average weather for Riva del Garda for this time of year.
    Enjoy your holiday.

October
    High 43f / 6c
    Low 35f / 1c
    Rain 2.88ins / 73.1mm

• Re: Riva Del Garda in October

by Chelsan Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 10:00 AM

We visited Riva in November and it was very quite indeed. There are a few local shops open but hardly any of the restaurants were open, just a few bars. Also a majority of the Hotels are closed down for the winter season. We stayed at Hotel Lido Palace which has a couple of very good restaurants you can have lunch or dinner with a superb view over looking the Lake. Although very cold the sun was shinning and we sat outside eating our lunch with out our coats on.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines