Riomaggiore

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Boat Ferry from Portofino to Cinque Terre

by lkgavin Online Now May 15, 2014 at 5:50 PM

Is there a ferry from Portofino to Cinque Terre? We want to travel to Monterosso, then on to Vernazza, returning to Portofino late evening. Is there a better form of transportation we should consider? We do not have a car. Thank you!

14 Answers May 16, 2014 at 10:41 AM
    • Sunday Cinque Terre regional train times

by NMS4u2 Online Now Apr 13, 2014 at 5:50 AM

I have found the Cinque Terre train time schedule found on cinqueterre.eu.com/en/cinque... and am confused about the times for (Column B) Sunday train times to La Spezia. It looks like there's only one train at 9:00am. Is that possibly true or am I reading the timetable wrong? Does the Cinque Terre regional train run out of Riomaggiore to La Spezia more frequently? I need to get to La Spezia to catch the 8:20am train out to Rome. Can anyone, does anyone have info to assist in my Sunday travel worries?

4 Answers Apr 13, 2014 at 8:06 AM
    • virtue62's Profile Photo

Travelling from Nice to Cinque Terre

by virtue62 Online Now Apr 11, 2014 at 4:40 PM

Can I please have some ideas??

6 Answers May 21, 2014 at 5:39 AM
    • Romantic accommodation with sea-view for under 140Eu per night? Possible?

by toeuropewithlove Online Now Apr 3, 2014 at 3:33 PM

We're on a budget but I'm planning on proposing to my girlfriend here in CT. So far, we love Monterosso or Vernazza. I'm having a difficult time finding available accommodation for 3 nights (end of this month) for less than 140eu per night. I'd love to find a cute B&B, Vacation Rental or anything with a balcony or rooftop terrace with a sea-view.

Any ideas? Would be nice to have this private and romantic area of ours for me to propose in. :-)

Thanks!

12 Answers May 11, 2014 at 11:20 AM
    • Travel from Parma to Cinque Terre

by Lary1047 Online Now Mar 7, 2014 at 4:44 AM

Have a question!

Not exactly where to post this? We going to be in Parma heading to Cinque Terra latter part of May staying in Vernazza for 2 nights, unfortunately it is over the weekend (Oh well). What is the best and quickest way to get to Cinque Terre from Parma? Also with the Springs rains coming has anyone heard how the trails are especially from Monterosso to Vernazza. We would like to see all the cities if possible either by train, walking or boat. We get the info from the Park however it is in Italian, and can only understand the chart a little.

Thanks for all the help and info.

Lary

6 Answers Mar 7, 2014 at 7:10 AM
    • open paths

by mheidt Online Now Feb 21, 2014 at 4:21 PM

Is the lovers path from Riomaggiore to Manarola open? If not, when is it scheduled to be open?
      Have the fee be reinstated for the walking paths?
      Thanks in advance for your help.

6 Answers Feb 26, 2014 at 11:29 AM
    • Paragliding

by jennontour Online Now Feb 10, 2014 at 5:00 PM

Can you paraglide in May? I saw a site where they say only Oct-April

1 Answer Feb 10, 2014 at 6:11 PM
    • Cinque Terre Getaway

by Sarahfromthemidwest Online Now Jul 8, 2013 at 12:59 AM

Hello travelers,
      My husband and I will be in Italy in 2 weeks. We will be visiting Cinque Terre via Florence and will likely make a stop at Pisa. We'd like to spend 2-3 days in Cinque Terre and then travel on to Paris via Milan, St. Moritz, and Zurich. Could anyone provide us with the best way to make the most of our stay there and perhaps suggest where to stay and how to get around. I've been doing a bit of research and have read Riomaggiore and Manarola are good places to stay. We're welcome and open to any and all suggestions. Thanks for your help. :)

sarahfromthemidwest

7 Answers Jul 9, 2013 at 3:24 AM
    • how to get from Riomaggiore to la spezia early morning ?

by rohitsud04 Online Now Jul 2, 2013 at 1:42 PM

Hi
      My wife and I are going to be in Riomaggiore for 2 days in November (22, 23 nov). On 24th, we want to go to Rome. We wanted to take the 8.07 train from La Spezia but theres nothing connecting Rioggiomore and La Spezia for this ? Do we need to take a cab at this early hour ? Any suggestions?

14 Answers Jul 2, 2013 at 11:22 PM
    • Cinque terre, Italy

by Peter676 Online Now Jun 19, 2013 at 4:37 PM

Hello travelers,
      My wife and I and another couple are planning to visit the Cinque Terre in Italy,in about ten days. We are traveling by car and we would like to spend one or two days visiting the area. Can anyone hint us how to visit this area in such a short time, and perhaps suggest where to stay and how to get around? We usually prefer to stay at B&Bs when we travel Europe. But I was wondering whether we could park the car in one place and visit the Cinque Terre either by bus or boat within a day or two.
      Any suggestion are GREATLY appreciated because I wouldn't know where to start otherwise.
      Thank You for any reply. :-)

16 Answers Jun 28, 2013 at 12:17 AM
    • Travel from il borgo di campi to la spezia and via versa

by Jrk2092 Online Now Jun 7, 2013 at 2:00 PM

We will be traveling to Italy in sept and have chosen il borgo di campi. As on of our 'hotels' I've seen great reviews and bad reviews about the place and the only bad thing is getting to and from la spezia. If we were going into la spezia what would be the latest we could get a train back to riomaggiore and how late do the busses from there run to our hotel? I keep finding different answers

5 Answers Jun 8, 2013 at 6:11 AM
    • best backpackers for a solo traveller in riomaggiore?

by thevern2013 Online Now May 31, 2013 at 4:14 AM

Hi, can you please advise me the best place to stay for a solo male 35yr traveller in Riomaggiore? Thanks

4 Answers May 31, 2013 at 7:06 AM
    • Riomaggiore train station timetable

by MJsocool Online Now May 21, 2013 at 11:51 AM

Is any of you know when is the earliest train schedule from Riomaggiore? I wonder if it is possible that i can take the train at 08:07 from La Spezia

5 Answers May 21, 2013 at 12:37 PM
    • TooTallFinn24's Profile Photo

Train from Milan

by TooTallFinn24 Online Now Feb 25, 2013 at 8:56 PM

Checking the Italian Trenitalia site I cannot find a train, even with transfer from, Milan to Manarola in Cinque Terre or even to Levante. Must I go the other way first through La Spezia or this there a train I can take with a transfer?

Need your help.  Thanks.

7 Answers Feb 26, 2013 at 10:41 AM
    • graphixs1's Profile Photo

Best way to drive into the Cinque Terre area

by graphixs1 Online Now Feb 23, 2013 at 5:33 AM

I am traveling to the Cinque Terre region in Italy next month. Looking for best driving route. Will either be coming up from Rome or Florence. Also looking for best spots to photograph in this area.

11 Answers Mar 20, 2013 at 10:00 AM
    • livorno to riomaggiore by bus

by joanrod Online Now Feb 6, 2013 at 5:34 AM

Is it possible to catch a local bus from port of livorno to riomaggiore please?If so is there a return timetable available for April 2013;

3 Answers Feb 6, 2013 at 10:54 AM
    • viking76's Profile Photo

riomaggiore - or la spezia?

by viking76 Online Now Aug 3, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Hi,
      We are spending six days in Cinque Terre in middle September. We might get accomodation in Riomaggiore but have thought of staying in La Spezia. Anybody who knows if it is convenient to catch the local train every day from La Spezia, hike between two of the villages and then catch the train back to La Spezia?

8 Answers Mar 9, 2013 at 12:24 PM
    • AllieK's Profile Photo

Ferry to Porto Venere from Riomaggiore

by AllieK Online Now Feb 23, 2012 at 8:36 PM

What is the return ferry fare and how frequent are the ferries?
      Thankyou!

3 Answers Feb 23, 2012 at 11:15 PM
    • The weather

by DanielleJolicoeur Online Now Nov 19, 2011 at 7:17 AM

How was it not in Riomaggiore, I know you have a big storm. Give me news. I write also for Alberto who works in Café Centrale in Riomaggiore. I was there this summer with my daughter, it is a fantastic place.

Danielle from Canada Québec

1 Answer Nov 19, 2011 at 8:02 AM
    • ladysail's Profile Photo

Landslides affecting the Cinque Terre hike

by ladysail Online Now Aug 21, 2011 at 6:33 PM

Hello....can someone update me on the status of the effect of the landslides in the Cinque Terre region. I've read that the entire hike through the 5 villages is closed indefinitely. Is this true?

Thank you!

7 Answers Sep 2, 2011 at 9:42 AM
    • the Canneto beach

by JeyKey Online Now May 29, 2011 at 10:28 AM

Thre is description of the second Riomaggiore beach at www.lecinqueterre.org/eng/bagni/bagnirio.php:
      "Another fabulous beach, unreachable by land due to the unsafe path, now very dangerous, is the beach of Canneto, between Punta Castagna e Punta del Cavo. You can reach it only by sea and it has a natural cascade descending from the hills as a natural shower."

Is it really no way to the beach from the road?

And can I hire the boat or rent the cayak to reach the Canneto beach by sea?

2 Answers May 30, 2011 at 2:42 AM
    • Walking Pass

by AnnPeter Online Now Apr 2, 2011 at 11:06 PM

Hello everyone

We will be staying at Riomaggiore in October and want to walk the trails between the towns. Can we buy the tickets in advance or are we able to buy them when we get there if so does anyone know where?

Many thanks

6 Answers Apr 3, 2011 at 3:48 PM
    • Traveling between towns at night.

by Milby Online Now Feb 4, 2011 at 2:11 PM

Hi all,

I'm staying in Corniglia this summer. I read it is the sleepy town in the Cinque Terre, so I will probably want to stay out kinda late in other towns. Is is possible to take the train late at night or early in the morning?

8 Answers Sep 2, 2011 at 9:37 AM
    • Ideas for planning a trip to cinque terre

by quatro12 Online Now Feb 1, 2011 at 4:16 PM

I need to plan a 3 day trip to cinque terre for a group of 8. Should we stay in one place or move between cities? What are some suggestions to stay, and things to do for an group of 35-70? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!

6 Answers Feb 1, 2011 at 11:37 PM
    • Riomaggiore with Toddler

by whereismalinda Online Now Jan 9, 2011 at 6:09 PM

Hi,
      We are looking at staying in an apartment at the top of Riomaggiore with our toddler (will be 21months). How do you recommend we get around with her? Is there an 'easier' way to get up and down the hills. I am guessing that a stroller is out of the question, especially if we want to do any of the walks. Would a baby backpack carrier be the best option? All advice appreciated, especially if you have been to the Cinque Terre with a toddler.

5 Answers Sep 2, 2011 at 2:19 AM
    • Brontesurfer's Profile Photo

Walk from Manarola to Riomaggiore

by Brontesurfer Online Now Nov 14, 2010 at 3:28 AM

Hi Does anyone know if you need the Cinque Terre card to do the short walk between Manarola and Riomaggiore. Understand some there is no charge for some sections of the walk. Thank you.

5 Answers Nov 14, 2010 at 11:28 PM
    • Judiz's Profile Photo

Riomaggiore to Bern

by Judiz Online Now Nov 7, 2010 at 5:01 AM

Hiya....now I am onto the next stage of our trip and wanting to get a train from Riomaggiore to Bern. I have looked at the RailEurope site but struggling to work out the best way to go...ie via Genova or La Spezia. We would like to get a fairly early start...say 8 or 9am...has anyone got any advice for us. Thanks so much
      Judi

8 Answers Nov 8, 2010 at 9:02 AM
    • Judiz's Profile Photo

Accommodation and getting there

by Judiz Online Now Nov 1, 2010 at 5:36 PM

Hiya
      I am looking for accommodation for 3 adults...in Riomaggiore...preferably very central...would like to live the local life for 3 nights in February. Any suggestions appreciated. Also, we are coming from Venice...and wondering the best way to get there. I am guessing to Le Spezia and then local train. Any idea if these run frequently..hopefully we will be arriving at a reasonable hour.
      Cheers and thanks in advance .... Judi

5 Answers Sep 2, 2011 at 10:26 PM
    • Riomaggiore-Monterosso by boat

by bakman Online Now Sep 7, 2010 at 10:05 AM

Can I take a boat from Riomaggiore to Monterosso to see the vilages from the sea? If yes, what is the scadule times during the day?

1 Answer Sep 7, 2010 at 10:27 AM
    • shunra's Profile Photo

Hotels and restorants in Cinque Terre

by shunra Online Now May 17, 2010 at 7:05 AM

Hello everybody,
      My wife and I are planning to spend one night in Cinque Terre (probably in Riomaggiore) in September. Our friends say that we won't be able to find a night's lodging or a good restaurant there if we don't book well in advance. Could anybody confirm or deny that?
      Our problem is that we are not sure about the day of our arrival, since we want to keep the possibility of changing our itinerary at a whim.
      Thanks!

9 Answers May 18, 2010 at 7:07 AM