change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

Reserva Ecológica El Ángel

El Ángel May 1, 2015 at 9:25 AM

Next time I go to Ecuador I would like to visit Reserva Ecológica El Angel.

The only hotel in the vicinity that I can find reviews about is the Polylepis Lodge. It is too expensive for me so I’m looking for something cheaper in the town El Angel. Has anyone stayed at Hostería El Angel. What did you think about that place? And how much did it cost (Lonely Planet says $18 and The Rough Guide $60, but that is for two persons I think). Or, has anyone stayed in another hotel that you can recommend?

Is it easy to hike on your own in the reserve, or is it necessary to have a guide?
      During the hike to Lagunas El Voladero and on to Laguna de Potrerillos I know that you will see frailejones, but what about the polylepis trees? Are they there too?

How easy is it to go to the reserve on my own?
      How much would it cost to take a guided tour from El Angel?

more
    • Ferry from Baltra to Santa Cruz

Galápagos Islands May 8, 2015 at 12:54 PM

Hello,
      I am arriving at Baltra airport at 11:30am. I have read that it takes a while to go through customs and pay for the entrance fee.
      If I miss the 2pm ferry to Santa Cruz, are there any alternatives to getting to Puerto Ayora on Santa Cruz? I've been looking at various forums, but haven't found anything.
      Thank you!

more

Near Riobamba

• WilmaT2's Profile Photo

Stop over ideas from Quiot to Cuenca

by WilmaT2 Online Now Mar 19, 2015 at 12:59 PM

Travelling as solo female from Quito to Cuenca. Looking for recommended interesting one nights stop overs (not Baños) to break the journey. Riobamba? I had wanted to do the Devil´s Nose train but it´s not available on my travel days in April. Thank you!

3 Answers Mar 19, 2015 at 10:11 PM
    • bus schedule

by mcynthia5 Online Now Jan 29, 2014 at 9:11 AM

how can I get a bus local bus schedule for riobamba

4 Answers Feb 12, 2014 at 7:22 AM
    • SielyaK's Profile Photo

monthly rental in RioBamba?

by SielyaK Online Now Dec 2, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Family of 5 looking for a monthly rental in Riobamba, or at least somthing that is affordable by the week. Any suggestions would be helpful.

• Buses over Easter weekend

by cathy626 Online Now Mar 3, 2008 at 5:52 AM

Does anyone know whether buses run on Easter Sunday? What about the train to El Nariz del Diablo on Good Friday?

• BE001903's Profile Photo

Luggage on Nariz del Diablo

by BE001903 Online Now Jan 9, 2008 at 12:12 PM

I read somewhere that your luggage gets unloaded from the train in Alausi, while you stay on it. Are they put in storage? Is it safe to leave your backpack like this?

1 Answer Jan 13, 2008 at 3:00 PM
    • timing of the nariz del diablo

by claurenarnold Online Now Dec 11, 2006 at 5:05 PM

i am planning on going on the nariz del diablo trip with my sister on the 24th of december, but i am not sure if it would make more sense for us to come down the 23rd and sleep in riobamba and then take the entire train trip to the nariz and back or if we should just take a bus directly to alausí.

that being said, a few questions:
      1) how long is the entire trip from riobamba and back?
      2) how long is the trip from riobamba to alausí on the train?
      3) how long is the part that leaves from alausí and then comes back to it?
      4) how long is a bus ride from alausí to quito, or vice versa?
      5) how would one buy tickets in advance?

thanks!

2 Answers Dec 18, 2006 at 4:01 PM
    • Riobamba

by Emalsa Online Now Jul 4, 2003 at 8:12 AM

I will be going to Riobamba, Ecuador, in 2 weeks time. As I have never travelled outside of Canada or the US before, you can imagine how ignorant, and ill prepared i feel. If anyone could give me ANY advice at all, I'd love them forever. Thanks alot!

7 Answers Jul 6, 2003 at 12:21 PM