Family of 5 looking for a monthly rental in Riobamba, or at least somthing that is affordable by the week. Any suggestions would be helpful.
Does anyone know whether buses run on Easter Sunday? What about the train to El Nariz del Diablo on Good Friday?
I read somewhere that your luggage gets unloaded from the train in Alausi, while you stay on it. Are they put in storage? Is it safe to leave your backpack like this?
i am planning on going on the nariz del diablo trip with my sister on the 24th of december, but i am not sure if it would make more sense for us to come down the 23rd and sleep in riobamba and then take the entire train trip to the nariz and back or if we should just take a bus directly to alausí.
that being said, a few questions:
1) how long is the entire trip from riobamba and back?
2) how long is the trip from riobamba to alausí on the train?
3) how long is the part that leaves from alausí and then comes back to it?
4) how long is a bus ride from alausí to quito, or vice versa?
5) how would one buy tickets in advance?
I will be going to Riobamba, Ecuador, in 2 weeks time. As I have never travelled outside of Canada or the US before, you can imagine how ignorant, and ill prepared i feel. If anyone could give me ANY advice at all, I'd love them forever. Thanks alot!