Rio de Janeiro

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• CRUISE TERMINAL

by BONZENO Online Now Apr 6, 2014 at 9:00 AM

IS THE NEW CRUISE TERMINAL COMPLETE AND FUNCTIONING ?

more
    • travelswithsteve's Profile Photo

Airport Customs and Immigration

by travelswithsteve Online Now Apr 9, 2014 at 6:51 AM

Flying London Heathrow to Vitoria (VIX) via Rio (GIG) with TAM. Does anyone know if I have to pick up my luggage and clear Customs at Rio or will it be at final destination ?

more
    • JosephW10's Profile Photo

Help in itinerary

by JosephW10 Online Now Apr 7, 2014 at 4:00 AM

Hi,

I am 29 and will be travelling alone from 13 April till 30april.

I planned to fly into São Paulo and stay for 3 nights, fly into rio for 3 nights, fly into Cusco and Machu Picchu for 4 nights, fly into bueno Aries and Iguzzua falls for 4 nights before heading back to São Paulo and back to Singapore.

Any one can advise me if this will be any problems with my planning ?

Alternatively I can do it the other way round São Paulo, bueno Aries, cusco, rio and back to São Paulo. I am not sure how different will the trip be if I choose to do this route.

I will stay in hostel and join local tours for all activities.

Thank you so much

more
    • DavidM184's Profile Photo

Daily Tours from Rio and return

by DavidM184 Online Now Apr 9, 2014 at 11:29 AM

Can you advise what i should not miss/thank you. Dave

more

Daily Tours from Rio and return

by DavidM184 Online Now Apr 9, 2014 at 11:29 AM

Can you advise what i should not miss/thank you. Dave

6 Answers Apr 11, 2014 at 9:54 AM
    • travelswithsteve's Profile Photo

Airport Customs and Immigration

by travelswithsteve Online Now Apr 9, 2014 at 6:51 AM

Flying London Heathrow to Vitoria (VIX) via Rio (GIG) with TAM. Does anyone know if I have to pick up my luggage and clear Customs at Rio or will it be at final destination ?

2 Answers Apr 9, 2014 at 7:38 AM
    • JosephW10's Profile Photo

Help in itinerary

by JosephW10 Online Now Apr 7, 2014 at 4:00 AM

Hi,

I am 29 and will be travelling alone from 13 April till 30april.

I planned to fly into São Paulo and stay for 3 nights, fly into rio for 3 nights, fly into Cusco and Machu Picchu for 4 nights, fly into bueno Aries and Iguzzua falls for 4 nights before heading back to São Paulo and back to Singapore.

Any one can advise me if this will be any problems with my planning ?

Alternatively I can do it the other way round São Paulo, bueno Aries, cusco, rio and back to São Paulo. I am not sure how different will the trip be if I choose to do this route.

I will stay in hostel and join local tours for all activities.

Thank you so much

4 Answers Apr 7, 2014 at 9:59 AM
    • CRUISE TERMINAL

by BONZENO Online Now Apr 6, 2014 at 9:00 AM

IS THE NEW CRUISE TERMINAL COMPLETE AND FUNCTIONING ?

1 Answer Apr 6, 2014 at 3:54 PM
    • schmechi's Profile Photo

Safe quarters to stay

by schmechi Online Now Mar 14, 2014 at 1:21 AM

Where should I stay in Rio? Which quarters would you recommend? Safety and accessibility matters but I am also intrested in going out at night....

12 Answers Apr 5, 2014 at 9:44 AM
    • Sugar Loaf Trip

by mbg1725 Online Now Mar 13, 2014 at 7:04 PM

Hello!

I am planning to take two taxis from Ipanema to Sugar Loaf with a group of 6. We are planning to arrive around 4:00pm and take the cable cars to the top for the sunset. Is 4 oclock on a Thursday a good time to make it up to the top for the sunset in time.

After going to the top of sugar loaf we plan to come back down and then take a taxi to Bar Urca. We will probably eat and drink there and then maybe head to another destination, bar, restaurant, beach...

Can anyone recommend another location that is close to Sugar Loaf & Bar Urca?

Are there a lot of taxis that pass Bar Urca? Will it be safe to travel around the area by taxi after sunset?

Thanks for the advice!

3 Answers Mar 14, 2014 at 8:12 AM
    • jwilliams2005's Profile Photo

Fishing around Rio

by jwilliams2005 Online Now Mar 10, 2014 at 7:27 AM

Oi meu amigos ! I now live in RIo, and I am looking for any local fishermen who can take me fishing on their boat. I would appreciate any replies. Obrigado

3 Answers Mar 12, 2014 at 7:08 AM
    • Camping for Brazil world cup

by FelipeBrazil Online Now Feb 26, 2014 at 4:18 AM

Hello,

I am looking for a place to stay near Rio de Janeiro for the coming world cup. I've heard that everything is super expensive now, so does anyone know anything affordable? Does anyone know of any campinggrounds?

Thanks

Felipe

9 Answers Mar 19, 2014 at 6:55 AM
    • safety in rio

by alan61 Online Now Feb 21, 2014 at 5:30 AM

i feel really nervous of visiting rio now in april with my son after reading all the stories.
      i carry a good camera which i can not fit in my pocket.
      any advice
      thanks

alan

12 Answers Mar 8, 2014 at 2:36 PM
    • esmeralda999's Profile Photo

sugestão para cruzeiros não muito caro para pessoas sem acompanhante

by esmeralda999 Online Now Feb 16, 2014 at 3:17 PM

melhor cruzeiro para uma pessoa , cabine sem aconpanhante melhor roteiro e conpanhia tambem
      cruzeiro para pessoa adulta porem so para encontrar outras nas mesnas condiçoes

2 Answers Feb 25, 2014 at 7:09 AM
    • cancel travel to Rio or not?

by miguellx Online Now Feb 13, 2014 at 1:30 AM

I am planning to go to Rio next monthe during Carnival with my wife and kids. I am very sacred about these warnings. Should I cancel my travel?

6 Answers Feb 13, 2014 at 6:12 AM
    • Weedug's Profile Photo

Wrong name

by Weedug Online Now Feb 5, 2014 at 4:22 PM

Sorry I ment sugar loaf mountain

John

1 Answer Feb 5, 2014 at 4:38 PM

Dangerous area's

by DavidM184 Online Now Feb 4, 2014 at 12:35 AM

Hi wondering if there is anybody with intimate knowledge of Rio and can advise where not to go - I'll be there for 10 days so would like also places i should go to - apart from the well known ones - does it work that you can take bus trips to the ourter area's. Also being a European are they are any ex pat area;s when you want to realax in company. Dave

18 Answers Feb 7, 2014 at 8:05 AM
    • Tickets for the Carnival

by StefanoS181 Online Now Feb 1, 2014 at 11:39 AM

Hello, does anyone know, where to buy tickets for the sambodromo?
      Thanx

7 Answers Mar 2, 2014 at 12:13 PM
    • Accommodation during the Carnaval

by StefanoS181 Online Now Feb 1, 2014 at 11:37 AM

Hello, i just booked my flights to Rio de Janeiro and now i am starting to organize the trip. I am looking for an accommodation for 10 nights in Copacabana or Ipanema (i guess this are the best locations). I just took a look at booking.com and i am surprized by the expensive hotel rates. Does anyone have a idea, where i can find a nice hotel for 100 Euro/night?
      Thanks

12 Answers Feb 3, 2014 at 7:11 PM
    • Free Wi-Fi at GIG airport

by stephenao Online Now Jan 27, 2014 at 2:15 AM

Anyone know if there is a free Wi-Fi at the GIG airport?

Tkx for the help

1 Answer Jan 27, 2014 at 5:54 AM
    • Taking kids to World Cup 2014 -- a good idea?

by Canadiantravellersx4 Online Now Jan 23, 2014 at 8:26 AM

We are planning on attending World Cup this upcoming July and will be staying in Rio. We have flights, accommodation (a condo in one of the proclaimed "safe" neighbourhoods -- Ipanema) and tickets. But, I also have a substantial amount of concern for our safety. My kids are young teens but appear younger/smaller. And, three of us are blonds which certainly won't help us blend in very well.

I'm interested in the perspective of locals and those of you who have travelled to Rio previously. Is it a sound decision to attend? Any suggestions for how we can decrease the likelihood of running into a problem?

Thank you.

25 Answers Jan 26, 2014 at 8:07 AM
    • Looking for halal eating places near Hotel Windsor Plaza in Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro

by razaankhan Online Now Jan 22, 2014 at 4:10 AM

Looking for halal eating places near Hotel Windsor Plaza in Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro

1 Answer Jan 22, 2014 at 6:07 AM
    • Maracana. Football match

by alan61 Online Now Jan 21, 2014 at 12:28 PM

My son and I will be in rio between 4-8th April and would love to see a football match in the maracana stadium plus do a tour.
      I understand there is a match on the 6th April .
      Could someone give me some information on the time it starts and can I buy tickets online.
      Do you know the best place to be in stadium and ticket prices
      Any other information you think May help.
      Many thanks
      Alan

2 Answers Jan 22, 2014 at 12:26 AM
    • BillO26's Profile Photo

Hippie Village In Rio

by BillO26 Online Now Jan 21, 2014 at 9:21 AM

Any one any INFO on the Hippie Village in Rio ....Or the Hippie Fair/market in Rio.............Cheers .......Bill

3 Answers Feb 4, 2014 at 12:35 PM

how much for a beer in Rio

by BillO26 Online Now Jan 20, 2014 at 6:28 AM

Hi guys how much is a pint of lager in Rio during the world cup... CHEERS

2 Answers Feb 4, 2014 at 12:39 PM

how much for a beer in Rio

by BillO26 Online Now Jan 20, 2014 at 6:28 AM

Hi guys how much is a pint of lager in Rio during the world cup... CHEERS

4 Answers Jan 20, 2014 at 9:25 AM

drugs in favelas

by BillO26 Online Now Jan 20, 2014 at 6:09 AM

Hi are the favelas still run by the drug gangs and are drugs freely available in Rio ie will dealers be touting for buisness amongst the tourists ?

7 Answers Jan 21, 2014 at 9:35 AM

killo restaurants

by BillO26 Online Now Jan 20, 2014 at 5:56 AM

Hi, what do these places sell and how do they work ? also where are they situated ? Thanks bill

7 Answers Jan 20, 2014 at 8:25 AM

FREE camp sites during world cup

by BillO26 Online Now Jan 20, 2014 at 5:27 AM

Hi guys any one know any thing about fans planning to camp outside service stations in Rio during the world cup for FREE . Any info on camping or very cheap accomodation gratefully received.....thanks ....bill

17 Answers Jan 21, 2014 at 9:35 AM
    • Bus company Rio / Belo Horizonte / Rio for 55 persons

by DFBFanbeauftragter Online Now Jan 18, 2014 at 11:07 AM

Hi, does anyone know a brazilian bus company, which could bring our group of 55 persons from Rio to Belo Horizonte and back during the World Cup? Thanks in advance for your replies

3 Answers Jan 18, 2014 at 5:58 PM
    • which streetparty have other music then samba?

by lou1s101 Online Now Jan 18, 2014 at 10:17 AM

I know in Rio it is all samba with carnival, but are there streetpartys where they have other music, electr. , forro or something

7 Answers Jan 20, 2014 at 8:09 AM
    • Accommodation for 55 persons during the World Cup

by DFBFanbeauftragter Online Now Jan 18, 2014 at 7:06 AM

Hi, we are a german fan group. We will be in Brazil during the World Cup. From Jul 1 - Jul 15 we will be in Rio de Janeiro and are still looking for an accommodation in Copacabana. Hotel or vacation rental apartment would be great. I just arrived in Rio in order make some contacts here. I found the following professional looking real estate company: www.agencia-heidelberg.com
      Does anyone have experience with this agency. Do have other recommendations? Thanks in advance for your replies!

12 Answers Mar 22, 2014 at 1:04 PM
    • Accommodation for the World Cup 2014

by davebritton92 Online Now Jan 14, 2014 at 3:19 AM

I am going to base myself in Rio for the whole of the world cup. I've traveled in Brazil a bit before so am not fussed about "doing the tourist thing." I wanted to catch an England game but that won't be happening now with the draw and where England are playing. I am not paying silly money to fly to Belo Horizonte and neither am I doing any more 7 hour bus journeys...

I've found a campsite, that is about an hour from Copacabana called World Cup Camping Rio. They are in Recreio, which is a nice area itself. Only charging £35 pppn.

Do any of our members here know anything about them? I found a press release they let out over the weekend and their parent company seems legit... I will wait till the end of this week and then book. Camping sounds fun, pool etc and better than being rammed into a tiny room with 9 beds, and one meter space for everyone, which most hostels have.

The hostels all seem to have set packages as well now, like they do for Carnival when the prices rocket and the standards go down... Not a surprise really.

Right, thanks in advance folks. And if no-one knows anything about these guys, but has alternatives????

8 Answers Jan 19, 2014 at 11:32 AM
    • means of transport to and fro Airport to the Copacabana beach

by stephenao Online Now Jan 6, 2014 at 5:44 PM

any public transport, i.e. metro, shuttle bus other than taxi? how much for the fare

7 Answers Jan 8, 2014 at 2:47 PM