change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• aflaneur's Profile Photo

Looking for local guide

by aflaneur Online Now Yesterday

Any member know a guide who can show me the less obvious wonders of Rio?

more
    • Terminals 1+2 in GiG

by sabikeo Online Now Jul 14, 2014 at 7:36 PM

Hey, quick airport question guys!

I will arrive from Buenos Aires to Rio de Janeiro GiG airport in terminal 1C on September 13th, and 4 hours later I have a ticket leaving Rio to the US with TAM airlines from Terminal 2.
      And these are separate tickets with two separate airlines.
      Does anyone know if I have to clear Customs and Immigration in Terminal 1 in order to check into my flight at Terminal 2? Remember, these tickets are separate.

more
    • hotel recommendation

by elubard Online Now Jul 7, 2014 at 11:20 PM

We will be in Rio for one additional day after our cruise disembarks. I am looking for a hotel in a safe and well located area for seeing some sights. Never having been there before and since Rio seams spread out I am uncertain where that may be. Any recommendations?
      Thanks

more
    • aflaneur's Profile Photo

Looking for local guide

by aflaneur Online Now Yesterday

Any member know a guide who can show me the less obvious wonders of Rio?

2 Answers 7 hours ago
    • Terminals 1+2 in GiG

by sabikeo Online Now Jul 14, 2014 at 7:36 PM

Hey, quick airport question guys!

I will arrive from Buenos Aires to Rio de Janeiro GiG airport in terminal 1C on September 13th, and 4 hours later I have a ticket leaving Rio to the US with TAM airlines from Terminal 2.
      And these are separate tickets with two separate airlines.
      Does anyone know if I have to clear Customs and Immigration in Terminal 1 in order to check into my flight at Terminal 2? Remember, these tickets are separate.

5 Answers Jul 16, 2014 at 10:39 AM
    • hotel recommendation

by elubard Online Now Jul 7, 2014 at 11:20 PM

We will be in Rio for one additional day after our cruise disembarks. I am looking for a hotel in a safe and well located area for seeing some sights. Never having been there before and since Rio seams spread out I am uncertain where that may be. Any recommendations?
      Thanks

7 Answers Jul 8, 2014 at 7:43 AM
    • Rio advices

by surajitbor Online Now Jun 19, 2014 at 8:38 PM

I am coming to Sao Paulo from India next month after the FIFA...I want to visit Rio for one day...Need a budget hotel for one night...What are the things I need to see and where to stay? Please suggest...

4 Answers Jun 20, 2014 at 5:28 AM
    • jwilliams2005's Profile Photo

Transferring money from Brazilian Bank

by jwilliams2005 Online Now Jun 11, 2014 at 7:41 AM

Bom dia,

Has anyone experienced any problems transferring funds from their Brazilian Bank Account to a bank account in the USA. Obrigado

2 Answers Jun 11, 2014 at 9:13 AM
    • mamata_gokhale's Profile Photo

Local clothing, What to wear on beaches, Current climate and local transport

by mamata_gokhale Online Now Jun 11, 2014 at 2:33 AM

Hi, I am Mamata, 20 year old girl from India. I am travelling to Rio de Janeiro by this month end. I will be travelling alone for my photo shoot. After my shooting day I am planning to spend 15 days in Brazil and planning a trip.

I want to know several things:

1. What kind of climate is there currently?

2. How can I get local travel in Rio? Which hotel should I prefer to stay?

3. What dresses should I pack for wearing in the city, beaches and what to buy in Rio?

4. What kind of enjoyments are available for a 20 year old alone girl like me?

5. Which is the best beach to hang out and what can I do on beaches there?

Thank you.

11 Answers Jun 16, 2014 at 8:49 AM
    • Argentine tango in Rio

by spartac1 Online Now Jun 10, 2014 at 6:52 AM

Argentine tango in Rio.

10 Answers Jun 16, 2014 at 7:53 AM
    • bossa nova in rio

by spartac1 Online Now Jun 9, 2014 at 9:36 PM

where can I go for some bossa nova in Rio

8 Answers Jul 2, 2014 at 12:43 PM
    • salsa, bachata and kizomba

by greglugz Online Now Jun 9, 2014 at 4:31 PM

where are the best places to dance salsa (cross-body style), bachata and kizomba in Rio. Visiting on 18-23 June for the world cup...

4 Answers Jun 16, 2014 at 8:50 AM
    • Transport from RIo Airport (GIG) to Catete (Rio Claro Hotel)

by kevin.naidoo Online Now Jun 9, 2014 at 4:58 AM

Please advise what is the best mode and cheapest to transit from GIG to Catete - Rio Claro Hotel, what is the cost?

Regards
      Kevin

6 Answers Jun 9, 2014 at 9:29 AM
    • vpas's Profile Photo

How safe is it for 17 year old boys to travel on their own during the world cup finals in Rio?

by vpas Online Now Jun 5, 2014 at 10:24 AM

Two boys aged 16 and 17 years wish to travel to watch the world cup finals.
      1.Will they get tickets to watch the finals, since they have not booked earlier?
      2.How about hotel accommodation?
      3. Any local members that might help or meet up with the boys?
      4. They are planning a four day trip, so what else can they see besides the world cup match?
      5. Is it better to stay for 3 days after the match or 3 days before the match?
      Thanks in advance for all your time and advice,
      Seetha

10 Answers Jun 16, 2014 at 8:55 AM
    • schmechi's Profile Photo

Sugar leaf and Corcovado - technical questions

by schmechi Online Now Jun 4, 2014 at 4:42 AM

As far as I checked for both attractions online tickets can be purchased in advance via http://www.bondinho.com.br/site/en/ and http://www.corcovado.com.br . Unfortunately the latter is only in Portugues language and the FAQ's of the first one indicates, that a (Brazilian?) RG, CPG, CNF etc. is needed... Is that true? Does any foreigner without Brazlian tax number etc. has experience in buying tickets for those attractions online in advance? Or is it just impossible to buy tickets in advance for foreigners?

BTW: Which time of the day you'd recommend to visit this sights?

And are there any maps with hiking trails up to (or rather down from) Corcovado through Floresta da Tijuca online?

5 Answers Jun 30, 2014 at 2:04 AM
    • Using ATM's at airport

by apricotflower25 Online Now Jun 2, 2014 at 9:04 PM

Anyone know if the ATM's at Santo Dumont airport are safe to use? I understand the one's at the International airport should be avoided.

thx
      m

3 Answers Jun 3, 2014 at 1:21 PM
    • Looking for last minute accommodation in Rio de Janeiro?

by flosspot Online Now Jun 2, 2014 at 6:18 PM

I came across this website with some great 'last minute' deals for the FIFA World Cup 2014. culture.oasiscollections.com...

Does anyone know the best area to stay for the games, what is the best neighborhood to be located in?

1 Answer Jun 19, 2014 at 3:38 PM
    • Travelling alone all the way, any body want to share in 4 star hotel, got a bed spare..

by mayankesh Online Now Jun 2, 2014 at 1:42 AM

Area : Downtown
      Hotel : Rios Nise Hotel
      Days : 4

From 04.07.2014 to 08.07.2014

4 Answers Jun 16, 2014 at 9:00 AM
    • Best driving route from Río to Belo Horizonte

by alfmoren Online Now May 25, 2014 at 11:26 PM

My wife myself and my two kids ages 13 and 12 are going twice to Belo Horizonte for World Cup games from Barra de Tijuca. Since we are renting a car I am wondering what would be the best time to live during a week day and the route to take to Belo Horizonte. Next week I should be getting my memory card from Brazil for my GPS, I am sure the GPS would indicate the shortest way but still I want to make sure I am taking the best and safest route to BH

6 Answers May 27, 2014 at 5:28 PM
    • Solo coming to Rio for the World Cup

by apricotflower25 Online Now May 21, 2014 at 10:23 PM

I will be in Rio June 12-19. It would be great to hang out with others. I am staying in Santa Teresa. If you are in the same boat let me know.

Also curious to know what one might expect to pay for a taxi ride from GIG to Santa Teresa?

Matthew

5 Answers Jun 2, 2014 at 8:40 PM
    • schmechi's Profile Photo

Taxi drivers

by schmechi Online Now May 13, 2014 at 7:28 AM

A friend of mine was robbed by a taxi driver and also some guides mention, that some taxis are unsafe. So which company is the most trustworthy? Are there special services from GIG-airport you'd recommend?

11 Answers May 27, 2014 at 2:32 AM
    • Affordable sharing of Rental for Rio World Cup Final

by JonathanS15 Online Now May 12, 2014 at 1:56 PM

Hi there! I am going to be down in Brazil from June 3 to Aug 20 for the World Cup and beyond. I will be traveling with 2 other friends who are leaving at the end of the World Cup.We are good fun soccer players and I am a musician too, I am mainly looking for cool people to help me split the rent on a prime apartment I rented in Rio from July 2 to July 15 during the semi finals and finals!! It is in Lapa neighborhood which is the most happening and amazing with music and culture! Do you have accommodation yet? Split at 4 ways at my rental it's 41$USD per night per person! wayy cheaper and in a prime spot!

1 Answer Jun 19, 2014 at 4:03 PM
    • KhaledWAS's Profile Photo

Solo Coming to Rio de janeiro

by KhaledWAS Online Now May 10, 2014 at 6:41 AM

Hi, I'm coming alone to Rio for 3-4 days. Wants to know the following:

1) Best place to meet locals and to socialize
      2) Best place to stay
      3) Trusted guide
      4) if any one wanna join they are welcome :)

Thanks

4 Answers May 26, 2014 at 3:06 PM
    • Getting a cell phone

by alfmoren Online Now May 8, 2014 at 8:25 PM

We are looking into getting an unlocked cell phone while we are in Brasil for 22 days during the World Cup. Any advice as to what brand to get?. Can we get it in Brazil or would it be better to get it in the US?. And if I get it in the US any advice of the brands to get?. I don't mind buying a non smart phone. We don't need internet access on the phone. I just want a basic phone, small and practical. This phone has to be compatible with SIM cards that are available in Brazil. Thanks

4 Answers May 11, 2014 at 6:33 AM
    • Ordering tickets online for Pao de Azucar

by alfmoren Online Now May 4, 2014 at 5:48 PM

We went to bodinho.com to order tickets online for the tram. To check out, the website requires a CPF and a RG. Is there any other way to order tickets without that information. We would have to go to the Brazilian consulate (which is very far away) to obtain those Brazilian IDs. The website states that tickets must be purchased at least 24 hours in advance to the date of the visit. Since we are visiting Brasil during the World Cup, we want to get tickets early to insure that we will be able to see this famous attraction.

2 Answers May 26, 2014 at 3:06 PM
    • Transportation from GIG to Barra

by alfmoren Online Now May 3, 2014 at 10:26 PM

What is a reasonable fare for a family of 4 (2 adults 2 children, ages 13 and 11) from Rio International Airport to Ilha de Gigoia in Barra during the World Cup on a Sunday morning?. Any recommendation on what to take besides a taxi?.

7 Answers May 5, 2014 at 9:02 PM
    • Anyone knows this Agenica Heidelberg?

by AnaMariaLimba Online Now Apr 30, 2014 at 6:05 AM

Hi there, i am looking for an apartment in Copacabana and someone said that i should check out this www.agencia-heidelberg.com. Did someone had any experience with this agencia in Rio de Janeiro?

4 Answers May 20, 2014 at 4:39 PM
    • marechal hermes

by roisiny Online Now Apr 21, 2014 at 3:58 AM

Im staying in this area for a week in june, just wondering is there a good bus service running to the city? i will be based near the air base there.

8 Answers Apr 29, 2014 at 9:40 AM
    • Gluten free restaurants around Rio de Janeiro

by alfmoren15 Online Now Apr 17, 2014 at 10:57 PM

Can anyone give some names of restaurants around Rio that serve gluten free lunch and dinner?. I am going to Rio during the World Cup with wife and two children

4 Answers Apr 24, 2014 at 2:38 PM
    • DavidM184's Profile Photo

Daily Tours from Rio and return

by DavidM184 Online Now Apr 9, 2014 at 11:29 AM

Can you advise what i should not miss/thank you. Dave

15 Answers May 26, 2014 at 6:25 PM
    • travelswithsteve's Profile Photo

Airport Customs and Immigration

by travelswithsteve Online Now Apr 9, 2014 at 6:51 AM

Flying London Heathrow to Vitoria (VIX) via Rio (GIG) with TAM. Does anyone know if I have to pick up my luggage and clear Customs at Rio or will it be at final destination ?

2 Answers Apr 9, 2014 at 7:38 AM
    • JosephW10's Profile Photo

Help in itinerary

by JosephW10 Online Now Apr 7, 2014 at 4:00 AM

Hi,

I am 29 and will be travelling alone from 13 April till 30april.

I planned to fly into São Paulo and stay for 3 nights, fly into rio for 3 nights, fly into Cusco and Machu Picchu for 4 nights, fly into bueno Aries and Iguzzua falls for 4 nights before heading back to São Paulo and back to Singapore.

Any one can advise me if this will be any problems with my planning ?

Alternatively I can do it the other way round São Paulo, bueno Aries, cusco, rio and back to São Paulo. I am not sure how different will the trip be if I choose to do this route.

I will stay in hostel and join local tours for all activities.

Thank you so much

6 Answers Apr 24, 2014 at 2:42 PM
    • CRUISE TERMINAL

by BONZENO Online Now Apr 6, 2014 at 9:00 AM

IS THE NEW CRUISE TERMINAL COMPLETE AND FUNCTIONING ?

1 Answer Apr 6, 2014 at 3:54 PM