Rio de Janeiro Travel Answers

change location
drumachn's Profile Photo

Concerts and Futbol in August 2013???

by drumachn Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 12:17 PM

I would love to check out some shows and futbol games while in Rio or any surrounding cities closeby. I'll be spending 2 weeks with my girlfriend, taking in the carioca vibes, dancing, drinking, and hanging around the Rio praia's!

If anyone can help out with shows. Especially if Jorge Ben or Seu Jorge will be playing (hopefully). Also, if anyone would like to get together to play some rock or funk music. I am a drummer of 15+ years and I will be bringing my drumsticks with me for this trip!!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • rodrigopintosp's Profile Photo

Re: Concerts and Futbol in August 2013???

by rodrigopintosp Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 12:31 PM

You'll really enjoy your visit as drummer, there's great music everywhere in Rio! You should check out places like Circo Voador, Teatro Rival and Studio RJ that always host great Brazilian music concerts. For dates, you should keep an eye on O Proximo Show (proximoshow.com.br/tag/rio-d... and your favorite artists webpage.

Another great thing to do will be joining Rio Maracatu for some informal Maracatu drumming lessons (it's an energetic rhythm originally from Recife area).

As for football, the new Maracanã would have probably already been tried out at the Confederations Cup and locals teams will be playing there for the Brazilian Championship - Brasileirão - games played usually on Wed., Thu, Sat & Sun.

2 members found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines