Rio de Janeiro Travel Answers

change location
jwilliams2005's Profile Photo

Carro do Brasil

by jwilliams2005 Online Now Mar 3, 2013 at 6:21 AM

Is the Hyundai i30 a good and reliable car to own in Brasil? If so, would you prefer a manual or automatic gear shift ? Obrigado, in advance. James

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • gwened's Profile Photo

Re: Carro do Brasil

by gwened Online Now Mar 3, 2013 at 9:46 AM

its a good car anywhere. But the VW, Fiat, Renault are very popular too.NOt to mention Ford,Citroen, and Toyota.
    most there is with automatic gear but you can have manual too. For the heavy traffic in Rio ,better get an automatic.
    cheers

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • DSwede's Profile Photo

by DSwede Online Now Mar 3, 2013 at 3:46 PM

I've rented cars from Localiza, Hertz, Unidas and a few other agencies. Manual transmission is the most common offering and you will have to request automatic if that's what you prefer. I can't say I've driven the i30, so can't comment on it.

• gwened's Profile Photo

by gwened Online Now Mar 4, 2013 at 8:04 AM

hahaha rented heck I was given a car, had a chevy and then a citroen lol!! both automatic.

• rodrigopintosp's Profile Photo

by rodrigopintosp Online Now Mar 4, 2013 at 10:37 AM

it's a good car if you'll live in Sao Paulo, Rio or other major capital, as their network of service stations and resellers is much smaller than other brands that have been forever in Brazil, like GM, VW, Ford (Focus) or Fiat (Bravo) - in brackets other similar models from larger brands.
    The good thing about Hyundai is that they're making really good cars right now and offer a 5 years warranty, the longest in the market. I own a Hyundai Azera (full size sedan) for almost 5 years now and after 110.000 km never had a problem, only usual maintenance of wearable parts.

• jwilliams2005's Profile Photo

by jwilliams2005 Online Now Mar 4, 2013 at 4:33 PM

Muito obrigado !

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines