Rimini Travel Answers

change location

Rimni during August

by superjohne1015 Online Now Jan 31, 2013 at 5:10 PM

Two part question. We are a group of friends( from U.S.A. late 20's,early 30's)who plan on visiting Rimini in mid august strictly for partying. Is this a place for adult partying? Or is it more for 18-20yr olds? I hear it's being touted as the Miami of Italy. Having partied in Miami numerous times, I can say Miami definitely caters to a more adult crowd. As well, In regard to the partying, does it matter much whether we arrive on the weekend(say thurs,fri,sat,sun) or during the weekday? In other words will the pool/beach parties and clubs be just as crowded during august? Thank you for any insight

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • taurean_traveller's Profile Photo

Re: Rimni during August

by taurean_traveller Online Now Feb 1, 2013 at 1:29 AM

Hi I cannot give you a definite answer as to what age groups they cater for in Rimini,re clubbing.On my few trips there and having been on the beach I have seen varied age groups.It is sometimes called the "Riviera of the Adriatic/Italy" with reference to the French coast. Rimini beaches are very clean and flat and there is lots of daytime activities,and I would imagine at night the town does come alive.It is a popular holiday destination from the UK and would imagine that all age groups are catered for
    August will be crowded as it is a peak holiday time in all of Europe.It will be hot no doubt,When I have been there (early season)certainly more locals visit the town at weekends than in the week.
    I see you are from USA. Can I ask how you are flying into Rimini? Package? I ask because my daughter lives near Rimini and she has said that the number of flights these days has drastically reduced.Package tour companies use it from May on.Maybe other big airlines use Rimini only in the summer season.Out of season I have to fly to Bologna and catch a train.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Ina08's Profile Photo

by Ina08 Online Now Feb 1, 2013 at 3:56 AM

The whole riviera up and down from Rimini is packed in August as it is peak holiday time. You will find families, young people and seniors ; in a word all age groups. For partying Milano Marittima is quite renown and there are many initiatives such as the "Notte rosa", a night of partying (http://www.lanotterosa.it/en/) throughout summer.
    My suggestion would be to google "Riviera adriatica + eventi / party", the whole area is generally very good at advertising events for summer.

• cgf's Profile Photo

by cgf Online Now Feb 1, 2013 at 3:58 AM

in Rimini you can find group of any kind/age. For you I would suggest to go south Rimini like Miramare, Marebello or [MUCH better] Riccione. Cattolica is already for families with children.
    If you live close to Toronto you may have a look at http://www.airtransat.ca/en/Home.aspx
    they use to have season flight to Pescara from Toronto at very bargain price.
    Rimini is not far from Pescara by train.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines