Rimini Travel Answers

change location

best transportation roma - rimini,

by iwanboo Online Now Aug 16, 2009 at 6:17 AM

Hello, my name is Irwan.. i want to ask some question about the best transportation between rome to rimini,. me and my team (choir team from indonesia) want to take a part in rimini choral competition. we want to know the effective choise is it Bus??) and we want all of you give me a recommendation.. thx, hope it be replied

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • bekerovka's Profile Photo

Re: best transportation roma - rimini,

by bekerovka Online Now Aug 16, 2009 at 6:48 AM

Hy,
    You can reach Rimini from Rome both by bus and by train. Cheaper way seems by bus. Take a look here: http://www.cgi-bus.it/bonellibus/ 26€ O/W, two direct runs every day and you can book and buy tickets on-line.
    By train: ferroviedellostato.it/homepa...
    Buses start from Roma Tiburtina station.
    hope this helps
    Ciao, Marco
    P.S.: Bus website doesn't work in english version now, sorry, but it's easy to understand.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Mozumbus's Profile Photo

by Mozumbus Online Now Aug 16, 2009 at 7:18 AM

Italian rail system is reliable, flexible, and user friendly. www.trenitalia.com is the official website. Punch in your parameters and you will see different options. click on 'all solutions' button to have more choices. Fares vary depending upon the speed of the train. There are Fast trains, moderate Intercity trains, and slower but cheaper Regional trains: so plenty of options.
    You may also avail discounts, Amica is the most favorite one, which gives you 20% off on booking 24 hours in advance except for Regional trains, which are already cheap.
    When in Rome, do as Romans do, and Romans do trains!
    Have a nice journey!

• Mikebond's Profile Photo

by Mikebond Online Now Aug 16, 2009 at 7:19 AM

The bus company mentioned above offers one run each way every day:

Rome - Rimini:
    departs 3pm from Tiburtina railway station, arrives 8pm at the railway station

Rimini - Rome:
    leaves from the railway station at 7.19am and arrives at Tiburtina at 12.30

However, the timetable online is the winter timetable: this means that the site isn't up-to-date and the actual travel times may have changed.

Anyway, they only offer one run each way. You may wish to compare this timetable to the train one. Look at the Trenitalia website:

ferroviedellostato.it/homepa...

You can easily travel from Rome to Rimini via Bologna. If you only take regional trains, this will cost 18.10 euro. With fast trains, the price rise up to 33.30 euro.
    There is a direct Eurostar train in the morning. It leaves Rome at 7:35 and arrives at 11.50. And a direct high-speed train in the evening: leaves at 17:38 and arrives at 21.10 (price: 37.10 euro).

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines