change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Bus from Riga airport to Riga and from there to Salaspils

Riga Region Apr 7, 2014 at 12:45 AM

Hello everybody, pls can u help me?
      I will travel to Salaspils, and i want informations how i will take bus from Riga to Salaspils.
      First of all...the bus from Airport to Riga....where it stop in Riga? and from this point how i will go to start station to take bus from Riga to Salaspils? its easy to do it? Can u give me some details, with roads and maps?
      Thanks for all.
      I love Latvia.

more

Near Riga

• Cycling from Riga to Kaliningrad

by thenoobthai Online Now Nov 9, 2013 at 10:23 PM

Hi!
      I am planning to cycle from Riga (Latvia) to Kaliningrad (Russia) during June next year.
      I am Thai and do not need visa to enter Russia, what I am seeking is advice on the routes, cheap accommodations, road condition etc.

8 Answers Nov 13, 2013 at 7:36 PM
    • HannuM's Profile Photo

Restaurants in Riga

by HannuM Online Now Aug 13, 2013 at 1:03 PM

What is the prize range in Riga if you go out to eat? And any good tips for restaurants? Thanks :D

8 Answers Nov 29, 2013 at 4:18 AM
    • Badoura's Profile Photo

A few hours in Riga

by Badoura Online Now Jul 29, 2013 at 2:52 AM

We (a family of 3: child 8 years + parents) are having a 15 hours stop-over in Riga the coming Sunday. As we arrive very early in the morning, expecting to have slept zero hours, our primary concern is to find a room where we can rest for some hours before doing a little sightseing.

Can you recommend a suitable hotel (clean / reasonable price, close to either airport or city)?

3 Answers Aug 12, 2013 at 2:15 AM
    • Meeting people in Riga

by Caro_K Online Now Jul 18, 2013 at 7:03 AM

Hello! My name is Caro and I will stay here in Riga for about 1,5 months (until 7th of september 2013) and I´m looking for people to meet. Especially I would like to practise and improve my english skills. In exchange I offer my help in learning German.
      Kind Regards!

• Air pollution

by japancatz Online Now Jun 30, 2013 at 12:26 AM

Hi, I have pretty bad asthma. I've been reading that the air pollution in Riga is on the high side. Anyone have asthma or allergy problems when visiting?

3 Answers Aug 22, 2013 at 6:51 AM
    • ritaz's Profile Photo

Pre-Euromeet 2014 Riga

by ritaz Online Now Jun 28, 2013 at 3:40 AM

All questions, answers, tips, comments - here, please!

16 Answers Mar 3, 2014 at 11:09 AM
    • liamquinnIII's Profile Photo

People.

by liamquinnIII Online Now May 13, 2013 at 11:25 AM

Are they friendly

4 Answers May 13, 2013 at 10:20 PM
    • Train

by jamesmenado Online Now Feb 26, 2013 at 4:09 PM

Hi, I will travel to Riga in mid May 2013, and will take a train to Moscow. Can I just go to train station and buy the train ticket or have to purchase at travel agent? What does it cost, and how often the train to Moscow leave Riga. Please someone give some advice? Thanks.

James 

8 Answers Jun 21, 2013 at 6:37 AM
    • gordonilla's Profile Photo

Visiting Riga from 19 December to 21 December 2012

by gordonilla Online Now Nov 25, 2012 at 8:18 AM

Would anyone like to meet for dinner on the 19th or the 20th? I have one work thing to do on my visit then on pre Christmas holiday for two days.

Gordon

• Opening hours 26th December

by elenggua Online Now Nov 21, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Hi! We are planning a trip to Riga at Christmas and are wondering about opening hours for shops and restaurants on 26th December. As it is a public holiday, should we expect most tourist shops and restaurants as well to be closed?

2 Answers Jun 21, 2013 at 6:42 AM
    • EgoAmorMundi's Profile Photo

concerts/events in Riga

by EgoAmorMundi Online Now Nov 12, 2012 at 8:59 AM

Hi there,

I'm going to Riga in the beginning of December, and I was wondering whether there are any intenetsites with a summary of all concerts and other cultural events going on in the city, preferably in English?

Thanks in advance!

3 Answers Jun 21, 2013 at 6:43 AM
    • Lighthouse

by roothy123 Online Now Jun 4, 2012 at 1:01 PM

I was wondering if anyone knows if you can get to the lighthouse located at the beginning of the river (harbor?) as you approach Riga from the sea. It is a black and white lighthouse. I would have to rely on public transportation and walking if I wanted to go see it, so if any details about that are available, I'd really appreciate the information!

1 Answer Jun 21, 2013 at 6:48 AM
    • Location of Picture

by roothy123 Online Now Jun 4, 2012 at 12:58 PM

I have seen a picture of several men holding up a globe, and was wondering where this picture was taken - exact streets. Could anyone tell me? Thanks

7 Answers Jun 11, 2012 at 2:37 AM
    • schmechi's Profile Photo

8 hrs in Riga at night

by schmechi Online Now May 17, 2012 at 12:40 AM

I've got an eight hour flyover in Riga this June during night (11 pm - 7 am). What do you recommend? Should I just book a hotel or makes it sense to go for the cities nightlife (or even to snatch some impression of the cities sights)?
      Thanx in advance!

3 Answers Jun 21, 2013 at 6:56 AM
    • how much need i pay the taxi driver or doorboy as tips during my travel in Latvia?

by hitherecoming Online Now Apr 1, 2012 at 1:52 AM

hi there,i am a newbie here:)
      we plan to travel in Latvia,
      i've never been there and know nearly nothing about it.

could someone give me some advice on how much i need pay for the tip after a dinner in a restaurant or how much is suitable to pay the taxi driver,doorboy....etc..?

thank you very much for your kindly replies:)

2 Answers Jun 21, 2013 at 7:00 AM
    • IngaA's Profile Photo

40 minutes between flights in Riga airport

by IngaA Online Now Jan 4, 2012 at 2:33 AM

Hello,

I'm considering a week-end trip to Istanbul.
      I've found needed itinerary with Air Baltic at descent price, via Riga. But the time inerval between arrival to Riga and then departure to Istanbul is only 40 minutes. However Air Baltic site offers this itinerary.
      I wonder if that's a good idea or it's too risky. I haven't been to Riga airport, I don't know hoe big it is.
      What would you say? Is there a chance to get to the flight?
      Thank you

8 Answers Jan 5, 2012 at 12:35 AM
    • Riga center, 2 days

by voyageur1967 Online Now Dec 15, 2011 at 3:51 PM

Hi all,
      am planning to stay 2 days in Riga (27 to 29 Dec) and would like to stay in the center of the city.
      May you advise me a hotel near restaurants & pubs area?
      Thank you

6 Answers Jan 3, 2012 at 7:25 AM
    • schmechi's Profile Photo

Air Baltic' prognosis

by schmechi Online Now Nov 20, 2011 at 9:56 AM

I want to book a flight in advance operated by Air Baltic. I read that this company is facing heavy financial turbulences, so do you think booking is still safe? Or is it likely to go bankrupt, so that it would be more clever to book flights of another airline?

5 Answers Nov 20, 2011 at 8:43 PM
    • philosykos's Profile Photo

Riga weather n last week October???

by philosykos Online Now Sep 7, 2011 at 8:47 AM

Whats weather like in Riga end of October..??Can we expect rain??Or just cold temperatures??Thxs!

2 Answers Sep 8, 2011 at 8:23 PM
    • gordonilla's Profile Photo

Visiting Riga on Business Trip

by gordonilla Online Now Sep 6, 2011 at 4:54 AM

I know it is short notice, but I am attending a meeting in Riga on Monday - and will have to travel at weekend. would anyone like to meet for coffee or dinner?

Gordon

• philosykos's Profile Photo

Any one day tours to Vilnius..?

by philosykos Online Now Aug 12, 2011 at 1:14 AM

Are there any one day tours from Riga to Vilnius??

3 Answers Aug 12, 2011 at 10:54 PM
    • travelfrosch's Profile Photo

Bus from Riga to Klaipeda

by travelfrosch Online Now Jul 27, 2011 at 9:46 AM

Does anyone have experience taking this minibus? I'll be traveling on a Sunday -- will this generally be OK without a reservation? The websites recommends advance reservation, but none of my negotiable payment instruments are accepted. Will 55 Litas cash paid to the driver get me where I need to go, i.e., Klaipeda? ;) Is it possible to purchase advance tickets from the bus station when I arrive in Riga? Thanks for the help!

2 Answers Aug 20, 2011 at 9:12 PM
    • Suggestions as to where to go

by atravelingman1 Online Now Jun 22, 2011 at 12:59 PM

My original plan was to arrive in Riga on 2 July, go to Kaliningrad on the 6th and fly to Copenhagen on the 8th from Kaliningrad via Riga.I have decided not to go to Kaliningrad and thus will have 2 extra days. I've been to Riga and as much as I like it, 2 more days wouldn't be possible. Where should I go?

2 Answers Jun 22, 2011 at 10:51 PM
    • CatNearly40's Profile Photo

Riga Free Tour still available?

by CatNearly40 Online Now Jun 21, 2011 at 4:34 AM

Hi,
      Does the Riga Free Tour still exist? Their internet address no longer works... (rigafreetour.com) Thanks

3 Answers Jan 20, 2012 at 11:16 PM
    • short visit

by zpracy Online Now Jun 14, 2011 at 8:19 AM

Hi,

I'm on short visit in Riga ... couple of days.
      Anyone wants to show me a city? or advise where to go etc ...

zpracy@gazeta.pl

• CatNearly40's Profile Photo

Healthy eating options in Riga!

by CatNearly40 Online Now Jun 8, 2011 at 4:22 AM

Hi,
      I'm about to spend a few days on my own in Riga and am on a diet... Can you recommend restaurants with healthy options or a good salad bar? I'll be staying in the embassy district. Thanks!
      Catherine

5 Answers Jun 22, 2011 at 12:19 PM
    • Lunaina's Profile Photo

Taxi from airport to Jurmala

by Lunaina Online Now May 9, 2011 at 2:39 PM

We will arrive on Riga Airport and need to go to Jurmala, I know there is an easy option by going to Central Station and then take a train, but if we go by taxi, what would that approximately cost??

4 Answers Mar 3, 2013 at 9:07 PM
    • Lunaina's Profile Photo

How to get from Riga Airport to Jurmala

by Lunaina Online Now Apr 5, 2011 at 1:28 PM

What is the best and easiest way to get from Riga Airport to Jurmala?

I think we have to get from the Airport to Central Station and then take a bus to Jurmala,

hope someone has the answer?

3 Answers Apr 21, 2011 at 1:53 PM
    • baby bed and baby chairs

by nikitahansen Online Now Feb 14, 2011 at 12:46 PM

Hey there!
      We are going to visit Riga in summer! Yeah its gonna be great! I wonder if there is possibility to rent a car/minibus for 8 people plus one baby (age 1 year) ...is there baby chairs in the car/minibus at the rental places?
      Yeah its a huge family we are taking with us, so we are also looking for big apartment in Old Riga to rent for one week...8 people plus 1 baby...I've been searching on the internet for different apartments in Old Riga but i wasn't so lucky to find one with 3 double beds, 2 single beds and one baby bed...Yeah and other thing is - it must be apartment in the building with elevator coz grandfather can't walk too much...:(

If anyone knows something, let me know,please:)

thanx3

4 Answers May 31, 2011 at 9:39 PM
    • What currency is accepted

by julie626 Online Now Feb 6, 2011 at 1:59 PM

Can anyone tell me if travelling from the UK to Riga you would take Euros or Lats

8 Answers Feb 21, 2011 at 6:22 AM