Riga Travel Answers

change location
Lunaina's Profile Photo

How to get from Riga Airport to Jurmala

by Lunaina Online Now Apr 5, 2011 at 1:28 PM

What is the best and easiest way to get from Riga Airport to Jurmala?

I think we have to get from the Airport to Central Station and then take a bus to Jurmala,

hope someone has the answer?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Flying.Scotsman's Profile Photo

Re: How to get from Riga Airport to Jurmala

by Flying.Scotsman Online Now Apr 7, 2011 at 12:32 PM

I think the best way is by bus from the airport to the town centre. I believe the buses stop near the bus/train station but don't terminate there. There is information on: http://www.riga-life.com/riga/airport which gives bus numbers etc. We took the train to Jurmala when we were in Riga a few weeks ago. It runs about every hour or so and is a very pleasant journey. Remember that Jurmala is an area rather than a single village, and has several stops, so make sure you know which station you need. We visited Majori which was about 40 minutes train journey from Riga. I will have some pages for Riga in a few days if you want to check then.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Lunaina's Profile Photo

by Lunaina Online Now Apr 8, 2011 at 11:43 AM

Thanx. I have been in Riga a few years ago and know the central station, so we will get to there and then to Jurmala, we will be in a hotel in Melluzi... will not be visiting Riga this time... we have a trip via the cost...

• reelroad's Profile Photo

by reelroad Online Now Apr 21, 2011 at 1:53 PM

Hi,
    Right, you take bus No 22 and go to Riga, to the stop named "Stockmann centrs", then go to the station that is near the Stockmann and take train to Jurmala.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines