Riga Travel Answers

change location
DanielF's Profile Photo

Hotel Valdemârs and tips on Latvia.

by DanielF Online Now Feb 24, 2003 at 4:22 AM

Hi, We will be in Latvia next May. We have booked a room at the hotel Valdemârs. They say it is a nice hotel conveniently located between the old town and the Skonto Hall. Can anyone confirm this? Any suggestions for trips in the country? Thanks in advance. Dani

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Lilasel's Profile Photo

Re: Hotel Valdemârs and tips on Latvia.

by Lilasel Online Now Feb 26, 2003 at 2:49 AM

Hi Dani! Welcome to Latvia and you have chosen good month for the visit. Hotel Valdemars is located right in the center of Riga near beautiful park (Riga is very green city). I have heard good opinions about this hotel. The building is very nice because it's Art Nouveau style - very popular in Riga. You can find more info here: http://www.valdemars.lv/en.htm About suggestions for trip you can use my Riga and Latvia pages as well as contact to me by e-mail. It depends of what you're interested in. First of all, I suggest to visit Riga's Old Town, Etnographical museum, Sigulda, Rundale Palace, Tervete national park. If you have any questions, let me know! All the best Elena

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • HORSCHECK's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Hotel Valdemârs and tips on Latvia.

by HORSCHECK Online Now Feb 26, 2003 at 3:30 AM

Hiya, I was in Riga for a few days last summer and I really enjoyed the city and its people. I agree that www.inyourpocket.com is definetely the best website for the independent traveller. You have to go on the observation platform of St. peters church. It gives you a brilliant view of the city on a lovely day. But read also my "Tourist Trap" tipp on my Riga page about that. Moreover the Central market is worth a stroll to get a fair idea of Riga and its people. Hope this helps HORSCHECK

• DanielF's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Hotel Valdemârs and tips on Latvia.

by DanielF Online Now Feb 27, 2003 at 10:50 AM

Thank you very much for your tips. I will check your pages for more information.

• Peluk's Profile Photo

Re: Hotel Valdemârs and tips on Latvia.

by Peluk Online Now May 29, 2003 at 5:09 AM

Hi, Hotel Valdemars is located just next to my work. i haven't been in the rooms, but had a meeting in lobby and in retsaurant. It depends what kind of hotel would you like. It is good location, rooms are not very modern, but clean. I don't know your budget. If you write me how much money we would like to spend I could check some places for you. Write me for mail galina@rms.lv. best regards, Galina

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines