Rift Valley Province

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Nairobi to Masai Mara via Safari Link

Masai Mara Game Reserve Jul 3, 2014 at 11:57 PM

Hi, I am travelling in about two weeks time from Dubai to Nairobi and onwards to Masai Mara (Keekorock Lodge) by Safarilink flight. I heard that they have issues with baggage storage in the Safarilink flight. Does anyone know the flight can take in a normal soft top Delsy Suitcase ? Or are we supposed to carry only small bags ? Some guidance will help. Thanks

more
    • Nairobi to Masai Mara via Safari Link

Masai Mara Game Reserve Jul 3, 2014 at 11:57 PM

Hi, I am travelling in about two weeks time from Dubai to Nairobi and onwards to Masai Mara (Keekorock Lodge) by Safarilink flight. I heard that they have issues with baggage storage in the Safarilink flight. Does anyone know the flight can take in a normal soft top Delsy Suitcase ? Or are we supposed to carry only small bags ? Some guidance will help. Thanks

3 Answers Jul 4, 2014 at 3:58 AM
    • Please email me catalog of hand woven or spun rugs or mats.

Nanyuki Jun 15, 2014 at 5:55 PM

I would like to buy a hand woven or spun rug or mat. Please inform me how.

2 Answers Jun 15, 2014 at 6:57 PM
    • NAKURU NATIONAL PARK

Nakuru Jun 12, 2014 at 10:28 PM

How can i get nakuru national park fron nakuru twn through public transport means

1 Answer Jun 14, 2014 at 4:40 AM
    • gmaxcy's Profile Photo

What Things do I have to know when going to a Safari in Nakuru

Nakuru Jun 7, 2014 at 12:31 PM

Hello, I'm planning to take three of my kids from an orphanage I support in Kenya to a safari in Nakuru we are 6 adults and three children. Could someone recommend a hotel and give me any useful tips while traveling there? Where to stay, what to avoid? This is my first time there and for the kids too.

8 Answers Jun 28, 2014 at 5:40 AM
    • Lake Bogoria water levels

Lake Bogoria May 11, 2014 at 4:46 AM

Hi,

My partner and I are planning a trip where we'll be spending a few days in Kenya at the tail end of it. We thought of going on a tour to Lake Nakuru and Bogoria but have read so many stories about rising water levels and flooding. Does anyone have information to offer as to whether or not a tour to these places are still possible? Admittedly things could get a lot worse between now and June, when we're traveling, but also imagine tourism is a vital source of income for these communities and so would still like to go if this still seems reasonable.

If it seems like a poor idea, are there any other attractions that you'd recommend for a tour over a couple of days

11 Answers Jul 4, 2014 at 5:37 AM
    • MisaH's Profile Photo

Maasai Village

Amboseli National Park Apr 15, 2014 at 1:13 PM

I heard about a Maasai village that is near the Iremito gate. Does anyone have any information about it? For instance - how does it look? How big is it? How many Maasai people live there? Is it a big community or just a few people?
      Thank you for any answers :o)
      Misa

6 Answers Jul 14, 2014 at 7:44 AM
    • May in Mara

Masai Mara Game Reserve Apr 9, 2014 at 3:57 AM

We are going to Governors Camp in mid May 2014. Has anyone got a view of what the weather could be and also how prolific will the wildlife be at that time of year. Thanks

1 Answer Jul 14, 2014 at 7:47 AM
    • Day trip to Nanyuki in Kenya

Nanyuki Apr 7, 2014 at 12:40 AM

My family and I would like to visit Nanyuki on a day trip and we would like to get the most from this trip. What interesting activities can we engage in? We have a seven year old boy and a two year old girl.

2 Answers May 5, 2014 at 2:29 PM
    • Game drive costs

Masai Mara Game Reserve Mar 15, 2014 at 3:00 PM

What is the typical cost to do a game drive? Can you request a time? When is the best time to do game drives? From my research it appears morning and late afternoon may be best. My preference is obviously to see what I can and to organize my time that makes the most sense. I will be traveling in mid July 2014. In advance, thank you!

7 Answers Mar 31, 2014 at 1:42 PM
    • Safety driving from Nairobi to Masai Mara

Masai Mara Game Reserve Mar 3, 2014 at 1:17 PM

How safe is the drive from Nairobi airport to the Masai Game Reserve Area?

7 Answers Jul 14, 2014 at 7:47 AM
    • Best Camera lens length for photos of Kilmanjaro from Amboseli

Amboseli National Park Jan 10, 2014 at 7:07 PM

a) full frame photos of the mountain in the distance
      b) photos of people or animals with K in the distance.

13 Answers Jan 25, 2014 at 8:11 AM
    • Travel mates for safari

Masai Mara Game Reserve Jan 6, 2014 at 3:33 PM

Hi, me and my boyfriend are doing a 4 day safari from Nairobi to Masai Mara (3 days) and Lake Nakuru (1 day). We are most certainly departing from Nairobi on february 9th. Anyone interested in travelling with us and sharing costs? We already have a tour operator contacted that a friend recommend us. We are also flexible with the dates. Let us know!

2 Answers Jan 21, 2014 at 12:12 AM
    • Bus travel

Maralal Jan 1, 2014 at 9:25 PM

How much does a local bus cost to Maralal

2 Answers Jan 1, 2014 at 11:43 PM
    • What to do?

Lake Naivasha Jan 1, 2014 at 2:27 AM

Hey.. My name is Sheila and I was looking for something to do with my family just for the afternoon in Naivasha. What is the ideal way to spend time there for just the afternoon?

4 Answers Jun 17, 2014 at 5:07 AM
    • Travel to Kenya

Nanyuki Dec 11, 2013 at 12:19 AM

Is anyone travelling from Kuala Lumpur to Nairobi or Nanyuki or any place nearby.

1 Answer Dec 12, 2013 at 1:38 AM
    • Massai Mara in November

Masai Mara Game Reserve Nov 6, 2013 at 11:13 AM

The weather forecast says its going to rain between 12th and 15th November, the same days that I plan to visit. Do you think its worth going? or will I see no animals because of the rain?

3 Answers Nov 7, 2013 at 10:45 AM
    • amboseli vs serengeti

Amboseli National Park Sep 26, 2013 at 4:34 PM

traveling to Kenya/Tanzania in November - need to decide between spending 2 nights in Amboseli and 3 nights in the Serengeti or reverse - 3 nights in the Serengeti and 2 nights in Amboseli -

3 Answers Sep 27, 2013 at 11:09 AM
    • Lake Nakuru. Is it worth it?

Masai Mara Game Reserve Jul 18, 2013 at 1:41 AM

Our itinerary currently consists of 4 days in the Masai Mara. I have come across some mixed reviews about Lake Nakuru. I also read somewhere that there aren't that many flamingoes any longer in Lake Nakuru. Do you think it's worth the drive (5 hours from Masai Mara) to spend one day there? Should we stay at the Masai Mara one more day or take that trip to Lake Nakuru? Or do you have any other suggestions for what we could do for that one day?

Thanks!
      Beynaz

7 Answers Jul 20, 2013 at 6:01 AM
    • catembua's Profile Photo

Budget Hotel in Eldoret

Nakuru Jul 5, 2013 at 12:35 AM

My friend from Belgium and i will be coming to Edly next week,Any suggestions of a clean budget hotel?

1 Answer Jul 22, 2013 at 8:17 AM
    • can we drive from Samburu to Marsabit, Chalbi and Sibiloi

Samburu Game Reserve Jun 19, 2013 at 1:27 AM

can we drive from Samburu to Marsabit, Chalbi and Sibiloi? is it passable? safe? I have my own Land Rover

1 Answer Jun 22, 2013 at 8:13 PM
    • how to go to Lake Manyara from Masai Mara?

Masai Mara Game Reserve Apr 28, 2013 at 4:18 AM

Does any body can suggest an itinerary on how to go from Masai Mara to Lake Manyara?

2 Answers Apr 30, 2013 at 6:35 AM
    • Masai Mara or Serengeti in mid November?

Masai Mara Game Reserve Feb 18, 2013 at 7:58 PM

I'm trying to plan a safari for my honeymoon in November, but I keep reading conflicting information. Would I be better off visiting Masai Mara or the Serengeti in mid November? Is this heavy rain season for either of these regions and what would be our chances of actually spotting game during this time? We are interested in seeing the big 5, of course, as well as other wildlife if possible. Any tour recommendations and/or camps/lodges suggestions would be of great help. I've been looking at Kensignton Tours...has anyone ever toured with them?

6 Answers Sep 11, 2013 at 4:09 AM
    • Mara in June a good time for photography?

Masai Mara Game Reserve Feb 17, 2013 at 12:57 AM

I am planning to visit Masai Mara around June 20th. Primary objective is photography. I am aware that the migration may not start by then. I am ok with it. But my question is, is it good time to spot all other animals?. I heard grass will be tall that time and photographing will be difficult. Is it true?

Thanks in advance.

3 Answers May 21, 2013 at 4:43 PM
    • Aberdare National Park

Rift Valley Province Jan 31, 2013 at 1:49 AM

Hi,
      How do I get from Naivasha to Aberdare?
      Where do I make all the arrangements before entering the park? Is it possible to make the arrangements on the same day of the trek?
      And also, is it possible to get in the park by foot?
      Thanks!

3 Answers Feb 2, 2013 at 7:39 AM
    • amberabbotsford's Profile Photo

Looking for best Safari experience with family of 5

Masai Mara Game Reserve Jan 19, 2013 at 8:59 AM

Hi there. I am new to Virtual Tourist but would like to ask for advice on booking a 3 night Safari at Masai Mara. Travelling with my husband and 3 boys ages 17,14,12. I have looked at many different options for accomodations but have decided that a luxury tent at a smaller property is what we prefer. We would like to include private game drives in a 4 X 4 open jeep. There are SO many options that I feel overwhelmed with deciding on a property. I am looking at the Fairmont Safari Club as I have heard many good things about it but wonder if it's too big of a camp and we might not get the personalized unique experience we are hoping for.

3 Answers Jan 29, 2014 at 12:53 PM
    • Advise for Masia mara trip this Dec 2012/Jan 2013

Masai Mara Game Reserve Sep 16, 2012 at 6:41 AM

hello, i am from India and planning 5 nights masai mara trip (no lakes), just the game reserve. i do not know how the weather would be and where to stay/how to book guides etc. My budget is 1000USD/2 people and would like to be in the game reserve all 5 days going on safari. Can someone suggest the weather, accomodation, guides and the fees for 5 nights.
      I plan to fly to Nairobi. Your advise to go to Masai mara from Nairobi is also appreciated. Thank you in advance.

9 Answers Sep 19, 2012 at 11:24 AM
    • nilin's Profile Photo

Maasai Mara natural reserve Fees

Masai Mara Game Reserve Jun 10, 2012 at 6:16 AM

Dear Vter's,

I'm planning for a trip to Nairobi & Masai Mara in August. I need reply on following:

1) Masai Mara reserve fees is USD 70/night. Is it payable for each night of stay or one time online. we are spending 2 nights in reserve.
      I've checked website of Narok city council, as per that "Daily fees” means fee for one day/ twenty four hours or thereof continuous stay within a specified site in the Maasai Game Reserve.

Is that means we've to pay total USD 70 for our stay, as we will stay inside Reserve and making only 1 entry. Please confirm.

2) We are group of 6 persons with 2 children, looking forward to arrange transportation facility by ourselves, instead of tour package, in order to do things as per our convinience. Any recommendations.

3) Our flight is reaching 2.30 am to Nairobi. Is it safe to start driving for Masai Mara around 4.30am/5.00am in the morning.

Thanks in advance.

regards
      Nilin

2 Answers Jun 10, 2012 at 9:41 AM
    • Travel from Nairobi

Nanyuki Apr 24, 2012 at 4:45 AM

What's the best/cheapest way to get from Nairobi to Nanyuki?

3 Answers Apr 26, 2012 at 10:38 AM
    • Park rates

Samburu Game Reserve Nov 16, 2011 at 5:59 AM

Hi
      Kindly tell the appropriate park entry fees for Samburu Game reserve.

Many thanks
      Kongoni.

5 Answers Nov 25, 2011 at 1:20 AM
    • What is a November safari like?!

Masai Mara Game Reserve Oct 26, 2011 at 8:04 AM

I'm planning on going to the Masai Mara on a four day safari around 20th November 2011 (staying at Mara Intrepids) and just wondering if anyone else has been at this time of year? If so, please could you give me an idea of what to expect in the way of wildlife? Plus any tips you can think of?! (It's my first time outside of Europe, let alone to Africa on safari!) Thanks : )

3 Answers Nov 13, 2011 at 3:58 AM