Travel Answers
Richmond

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• rond1's Profile Photo

What to see as a tourist in Richmond.....

by rond1 Online Now 20 hours ago

Hi there, I am travelling through Richmond and wondered if i need to stop and see anything while there. If so what , and how many days will I need ? . Is it a safe place, .... I will be living / travelling in a van
      ... Thanks in anticipation Ron.

more
    • rond1's Profile Photo

What to see as a tourist in Richmond.....

by rond1 Online Now 20 hours ago

Hi there, I am travelling through Richmond and wondered if i need to stop and see anything while there. If so what , and how many days will I need ? . Is it a safe place, .... I will be living / travelling in a van
      ... Thanks in anticipation Ron.

2 Answers 17 hours ago
    • Lei27's Profile Photo

Nightclubs in Richmond

by Lei27 Online Now Mar 17, 2014 at 3:20 AM

Any help for a nice,safe and decent nightclubs in Richmond, Vic? Planning to have a dance this weekend. Thanks and any help would be appreciated.

8 Answers Mar 17, 2014 at 7:57 PM
    • Safest hotels near Richmond/Sandston

by apheartsong Online Now Feb 26, 2014 at 5:41 PM

Any hotels to avoid near Richmond International Airport? Safest hotels?

• What are some safe neighborhoods in Richmond

by Magicstar123 Online Now Oct 29, 2013 at 2:23 PM

Im looking for a house in the tuckahoe area is this a safe area. Does it have good schools. Is it quiet. does it have amenities nearby.

• Car Service or To or Parking Situation @ Richmond (RVR) Amtrak

by NewToCentralVA Online Now Sep 16, 2012 at 9:43 AM

I am taking Amtrak from RVR on a Tuesday mid-morning. The parking seems rather limited there. Is that a correct assumption? I feel like I should just call a car service and forget about it. Any suggestions?

1 Answer Sep 16, 2012 at 12:46 PM
    • atufft's Profile Photo

Amtrak doesn't allow dogs, so how do we get to DC?

by atufft Online Now May 21, 2012 at 9:09 PM

OK, Washington, DC appears to be pet friendly on the Mall and there are hotels in the area that cater to pet owners. We want to leave the big vehicle parked at relatives house near Richmond and take public transit into Washington. Bad news though--Amtrak has strict policies even against hard sided pet carriers for small dogs. Any other trains, buses, or other transit services between Richmond and DC that will allow us to transport the miniature schnauzer?

6 Answers May 22, 2012 at 9:25 PM
    • Something to do

by 880SHENSTONE Online Now Oct 24, 2011 at 10:03 AM

I have a scheduled 7 hour layover at the Staples Mill Rd Amtrak station in December. Can anyone suggest something to see or do for the layover?

Thank you,

5 Answers Nov 2, 2011 at 10:03 AM
    • Help getting around safetly

by seth2010 Online Now Sep 13, 2011 at 1:54 AM

I'm new to the area and living in glen allen but i want to know where not to go at night or during the day cause it's unsafe, mainly the night cause i like to drive around but back to the question is there some sort of map of richmond and surrounding area's telling where is not that safe? lists don't really help me cause i don't know the area's and crime maps don't show everything, if you can help thanks

3 Answers Dec 3, 2011 at 2:46 AM
    • What are some good places in the richmond area to take pictures?

by CameraTester Online Now Aug 16, 2011 at 4:00 PM

I am a photographer, and I would like to take a friend who is a photographer too, to take some photos at different places that have a lot of nice things to take pictures of. I'm interested in a lot of different photography categories, ANIMALS, architecture, trains, NATURE, cars, and things similar to those mentioned. A place that is free to get in to take pictures would be nice, but I'm fine with paying a fee. What are some good places to get some really good pictures of in the richmond area? Thank you all!

I've been to the richmond zoo, and I've been to lewis ginter botanical gardens, and I'm looking for a lot of different places to take photos at, like parks, gardens, anything.

I'm open to all suggestions. Thank you so much!

5 Answers Nov 2, 2011 at 11:42 AM
    • Best bet for a more rural home to rent...

by VaJax Online Now Aug 25, 2010 at 6:44 PM

I'll likely be relocating to Richmond from Jax, FL. I was born in VA and lived around Arlington many years ago.

I'll be working near Bon Air, but I'd like to find a more rural setting, say 5-10 miles outside of the south or west suburbs. Looking for a 2 bedroom place...nothing fancy as long as the heat, A/C, and plumbing are OK! Most places have cable access or you can get satellite, so that's not a big deal. I'm a field biologist, so having some green around me and less congestion is important. In my mid-40s I don't care about nightlife. If I want to have fun, I drive from work or go into "town." 6 years in the Marines and 6 years of college/grad. school gave me all the partying experience I'll ever need.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Looking forward to coming home to my birth state.

1 Answer Oct 24, 2011 at 11:09 AM
    • Resturants Near the Mill Street Statioin (RVR)

by HezKing Online Now Aug 19, 2010 at 2:25 AM

Are there restaurants within easy walking distance of the Mill Street Station (RVR)?

We arrive in RVR around 5:00am and not scheduled to depart until around 8:30am. Looking for a place to get some breakfast. It doesn't look like there is much to offer on the station property itself.

2 Answers Aug 19, 2010 at 4:39 AM
    • Van or bus from Richmond tairport o Charlottesville airport

by B.G.KAP Online Now Jul 27, 2010 at 12:38 PM

Is there a reservation powered van or bus service for those flying to Richmond but needing to get to Charlottesville, VA.

2 Answers Jul 27, 2010 at 1:59 PM
    • Traveling from NYC to Richmond

by louisemoloney10 Online Now Jul 7, 2010 at 10:03 AM

Hi all, my husband is soon to be moving to Richmond VA & I will be staying in NY for the first few months.I have been searching for commutes from NYC to Richmond & found Amtrak ( very expensive) & greyhound.Does anybody have any other suggestions for transport to Richmond.Thanks

7 Answers Mar 20, 2013 at 11:52 AM
    • need a place to party

by dionana Online Now May 13, 2010 at 11:22 AM

nt from this area, but me and friends plane a fun weekend, welike clubing , drinking and dancing. we like r&b,todays jams. would like to find a crowed thats mixed close to hotels.. were should we go???? were r coming from VA, BCH...

1 Answer May 13, 2010 at 11:41 AM
    • I have questions about relocation....

by jgagz77 Online Now Apr 7, 2010 at 9:45 AM

I have never been to Virginia, but might be moving there very shortly. I am looking for a place around Sutherland, but I am concerned about what areas to stay away from. Please give me any helpful addvise about choosing a place to live and any helpful tips about the area. Thanks

3 Answers Apr 7, 2010 at 9:27 PM
    • Hotels near Greyhound station

by danielucy Online Now Mar 31, 2010 at 10:44 AM

Hi, I am travelling for my first time to Richmond, and since I am going by Grehoung, I would like to know if there is any hotel near the Greyhoung station or if there is any local transportation that could take me downtown Richmond.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Lucy

3 Answers Mar 31, 2010 at 11:55 AM
    • Transportation in Richmond

by kimberlymarkham Online Now Mar 30, 2010 at 1:49 PM

Does a bus run to the Amtrak Train Station on Staplesmill RD

1 Answer Mar 30, 2010 at 2:46 PM
    • bokaa's Profile Photo

Places for good Photography

by bokaa Online Now Mar 5, 2010 at 12:19 PM

I'm new to Richmond.. moved here in last November.
      I'm photographer by hobby.. wish to know if there are good places I can visit for birds/flowers/wildlife/sunset etc in Richmond city.

3 Answers Mar 6, 2010 at 9:10 PM
    • The nutcracker

by vyfo Online Now Dec 8, 2009 at 4:13 PM

What is the appropriate dress code for a Saturday matinee of The Nutcracker at the Carpenter Center in Richmond?

1 Answer Feb 20, 2013 at 5:11 PM
    • soldiers from Richmond that died in WW2

by jimharris Online Now Sep 29, 2009 at 9:06 AM

Is there a list of Richmonders that gave their lives in WW2 (I am searching Lt. Walter D Clary)? Not sure if he was buried in Hollywood or Forest Lawn.

1 Answer Sep 29, 2009 at 9:26 AM
    • main st amtrak station parking

by msbrn2u Online Now Jun 30, 2009 at 8:52 PM

I will be leaving my vehicle at the Amtrak Station on Main St in Richmond,Va for four days. Is there on site safe parking there and if so what are the parking fees. Thanks in advance.

1 Answer Feb 20, 2013 at 5:12 PM
    • Where should we stay?

by kbcfarmer Online Now Apr 2, 2009 at 10:13 AM

I am surprising my husband with a trip to Richmond to see one of the Friday night concerts on Brown's Island. I would love to know what are some cool places to stay that are near there.

5 Answers Apr 6, 2009 at 10:49 AM
    • Hotels near Byrd Theatre in Carytown

by mtbrown Online Now Aug 11, 2008 at 10:04 AM

My grandfather was the architect for the Byrd theatre.I am planning a trip to see the theatre in October. I am looking for a lovely hotel nearby. I cannot walk very far and I cannot climb steps. I will be most grateful for any help you might give me.

Martha Tillman Brown

2 Answers Aug 12, 2008 at 5:47 AM
    • Richmond transortation (bus stops)

by zacata23 Online Now Jun 26, 2008 at 9:06 PM

I have already found a map of the Richmond bus stops (ridegrtc.com/images/systemma..., but I still do not know how to get where I need to be on 02 July. Can someone please help? I will be arriving at the Amtrak station, and need to go to 2812 Emerywood Pkwy. Directions for a car say to take the 64 W exit Broad St./Glenside North, and then make a few more turns for about a mile, but I will not be taking a car, and will have to get there by a Richmond bus.

In addition, does anyone know of a cheaper--and much better!--to get to Richmond than Greyhound? I am coming from Charlottesville, a town that only has transportation to D.C., if any.

Thank you very much in advance.

1 Answer Jun 28, 2008 at 3:24 AM
    • Looking for fresh Lychee (or Litchi)

by CavNumberCruncher Online Now Jun 2, 2008 at 9:52 AM

Is there a market in Richmond, VA that sells fresh lychee nuts (fruits)?

2 Answers Jun 3, 2008 at 5:43 AM
    • haydnesque's Profile Photo

Transport from Richmond to Blackstone

by haydnesque Online Now Feb 23, 2008 at 2:26 AM

Hello guys, are there any buses/trains that goes from Richmond to Blackstone and back, Va? How much would it cost? Thank you!

1 Answer Feb 23, 2008 at 6:37 AM
    • hotels

by speedy222 Online Now Aug 15, 2007 at 8:20 PM

hi booked the econo lodge on robin hood drive by the diamond ball field. Is this a safe area and does any one know how condition of hotel is. will be in town in sept. thanks gary

1 Answer Aug 20, 2007 at 11:21 AM
    • Week-a-way from Richmond

by AtownTraveller Online Now Jun 6, 2007 at 11:03 AM

My son is a student currently working as a counsellor at a summer camp near Richmond. He finishes in August and has plans to visit NY, Boston etc. However, he has just been told that he has a week break in July. Can anybody advise a trip itenery (preferably suitable by Greyhound) that he can do on his additional week off.

Thanks in advance

Martin
      Belfast
      Ireland

6 Answers Jun 8, 2007 at 6:57 AM
    • Nascar race in September

by Sheila416 Online Now May 29, 2007 at 3:41 AM

My husband and I are attending our first Nascar race and was wondering what to expect, ie..what time should we be at the track, what is there to do all day, we bought a package where there are pre-pit passes, invitation to the hospitatily room, We were wondering if we would be allowed to go see the Speed and home depot shows any info you can give me would be much appreciated We are really excited. Thanks sheila

2 Answers Aug 17, 2007 at 1:06 PM
    • malls around richmond

by chuckcon23 Online Now Jan 9, 2007 at 7:45 AM

Hello my name is chuck and I love malls. I like to know if anyone have any old pictures of malls around richmond.if so you can e-mail me at chuckcon23@hotmail.com.I like to have pictures before and after .I got the after ones. thanks

1 Answer Feb 20, 2013 at 5:13 PM