Richmond Travel Answers

change location

Van or bus from Richmond tairport o Charlottesville airport

by B.G.KAP Online Now Jul 27, 2010 at 12:38 PM

Is there a reservation powered van or bus service for those flying to Richmond but needing to get to Charlottesville, VA.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • mccalpin's Profile Photo

Re: Van or bus from Richmond tairport o Charlottesville airport

by mccalpin Online Now Jul 27, 2010 at 1:14 PM

From the airport to Charlottesville? I highly doubt it. The trip is 70+ miles.

First, when you look at the airport's website for ground transportation (flyrichmond.com/Load.php?Con..., you'll see the number one thing is rental cars. In the US, we assume that most travelers rent cars, because our public transit just doesn't go everywhere (certainly not conveniently).

Greyhound runs three buses a day from Richmond to Charlottesville (06:45, 13:20, 21:15). The Richmond station is at
    RICHMOND GREYHOUND STA
    2910 N BLVD
    Richmond, VA 23230
    which is a mile or 2 northwest of downtown (the airport is a similar distance in the opposite direction). So you would have to take the local bus from the airport to the Greyhound station, then take the Greyhound bus to Charlottesville...and hope that the connections were OK timewise...

Of course, there are limo services for a hefty fee - see one of them at cmclimo.com/ratesandservices...

I suppose you could try Super Shuttle, but don't hold your breath on the cost (or even availability)

Bill

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • xymmot's Profile Photo

Re: Van or bus from Richmond tairport o Charlottesville airport

by xymmot Online Now Jul 27, 2010 at 1:59 PM

I live in Richmond, but out of town at the moment. The greyhound bus station is at least ten miles in the direction of Charlottesville from the airport. There is no shuttle that I know of and C-ville is fifty miles away. Best bet is get a flat rate from Groome Transportation that drives door to door at a reasonable rate. live in the city of Richmond and had to take a cab one day and it was 45USD (15miles) towards C-ville on a meter cab. That is almost one third the way there, so would supect it to be about 125USD or more to your destination. Good Luck Tommy x

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines