Richmond Travel Answers

change location
scarlettnichole's Profile Photo

Great things to do and see

by scarlettnichole Online Now Jan 6, 2009 at 6:15 PM

My cousin and I are having our annual "girls trip" in England this March. We are planning on staying in Kent, but I wanted to check out Richmond also. I see there are quite a few who have posted some great tips, but too many for me to read all through. So, yes, I'm taking the easy way to find out some great info. I am wondering if some of you could advise me on great places to visit, shops(of course, I am a woman!), restaurants, parks, and anything else you may consider a fun thing to do! Any advice will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • Britannia2's Profile Photo

Re: Great things to do and see

by Britannia2 Online Now Jan 7, 2009 at 5:14 AM

Where are you staying in Kent?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • scarlettnichole's Profile Photo

by scarlettnichole Online Now Jan 7, 2009 at 10:27 AM

My cousin owns a timeshare and she said it lookes as if we will be staying at the Broome Park Mansion. This is subject to change within the week.

• film's Profile Photo

by film Online Now Jan 7, 2009 at 12:28 PM

That is near Dover, you will need a taxi. Quite a long haul to Richmond by train. In and out of London Waterloo, 2.5 to 3 hours.

http://nationalrail.co.uk/

• Britannia2's Profile Photo

by Britannia2 Online Now Jan 7, 2009 at 2:26 PM

You will need to go Dover to London Victoria or Charing Cross then Tube to Waterloo and a train to Richmond - as the previous poster said quite a journey.
    There are some good pages here on VT but we have two and you must check out Richmond in Surrey not Richmond in Yorkshire.

• film's Profile Photo

by film Online Now Jan 8, 2009 at 3:08 AM

I disagree. As a Londoner I often go to Richmond for a day out of town. The walk along the River is wonderful, the Park is pretty and very large, it is nice to cycle around it. The galleries and shops on Richmond Hill. A glass of wine over looking the Thames in an art deco Hotel bar is very relaxing. There is the theatre, plenty of restaurants and bars and the shopping is good. When it is fine, hanging out in the riverside pubs is very popular.

For history, a walk by the river to Ham House.

nationaltrust.org.uk/main/w-...

However for a shopping trip, I would suggest that London and the boutiques of the Kings Road would be better.

• scarlettnichole's Profile Photo

by scarlettnichole Online Now Jan 8, 2009 at 8:40 AM

Thanks. It sounds like Richmond is a nice place. I may try to see if we can't just get a place in between Richmond and London. She has several places in which we can choose from, maybe we can find one on the list.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines