Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Palembang stay is safe ?

Palembang 22 hours ago

seconds ago
      Hi friends ,

In coming day I will long stay with family in palembang ,, I have question as below !!

1) I need rental monthly room for a year , is it easy to get it

2) is it safe place to stay

3) how is local people there
      4) how they treating to foreigners
      5) is it clean place like Singapore, I mean cleanness of city

more
    • diment69's Profile Photo

Diving with Mola Mola on Bali

Bali May 18, 2015 at 12:42 AM

Hello.

I read several articls about Mola Mola fish and it seems there are only 2 places in the whole world, where there are high chances to see this fantastic, super ususual and rare fish: Galapagos islands and indonesian island Bali. Galapagos are too expensive for my budget, but Bal seems much more resaonable.

I wonder, has anyone saw Mola Mola fish somewhere nearby Bali? I understand that sea is not an aquarium, but how often Mola Mola can be met there? Maybe someone knows any triks of how to attract it? Like the trip with a sound of a rumpling plastic bottle underwater that attracts sharks.

more
    • What is the name of the new private hospital in Bogor and it's location

Bogor May 17, 2015 at 2:10 PM

Has anyone been to this new hospital and where is it in Bogor?

more
    • SeetaKaur's Profile Photo

Big Luggage Problem from Bali to Gili

Lombok May 31, 2015 at 9:40 AM

Hi,

Is there anyone can offer solution where to store luggage?

We are leaving from ubud, then planning to stay at gili air for 2 days then lombok for another 3 days then go back to our next destination at bali in seminyak area.

Problem here, we have two large luggages which i am not sure if its gonna be great idea to carry it with the jetty to gili air ( We still can't find hotel we love to stay here, most of we preferred already fully booked). Travel with it to lombok and back to bali again

I am thinking of few options, leaving it at our ubud resort ( Still waiting for their confirmation if they are willing to do this to hold our luggages for 5 days ).

So we would love to hear your experiences here, what would be solution that makes more sense :)

And thank you very much in advance

more
    • poepat's Profile Photo

BALI TO KOMODO ISLAND FERRY OR FLY

Komodo May 31, 2015 at 3:21 AM

Hi all,,,, 2016 S E Asia travels well underway now...
      We would like to visit Komodo National Park and are planning to travel there from Bali.
      Can anyone advise on routes and costings for either flying to Flores from Bali or catching a ferry...
      We have about 8 - 10 days days spare to fit this trip in..
      Any help and general advice would be greatly appreciated..
      Many thanks
      POEPAT

more
    • Speifics on Bromo

Surabaya May 18, 2015 at 4:15 AM

I've done my research on getting to Bromo or Cemoro Lawang from Surubaya now I'm looking for specifics for getting around the area. I'll be doing this independent of the tours and walking/hiking as much of it as I can so I'm trying to gather as much info on it as I can.

I will try to get a room in Lava View or somewhere nearby, from there I would like to know how far it is to the viewpoint which from what I have read is on or near Mt. Pananjakan. The only review or blog post I've read which mentions the time says it's somewhere from 20-40 mins walk up there, not sure how accurate that is or if that's even from Cemoro Lawang area or some other point.

From the viewpoint, how far is it back down to the entrance or the place where you pay the fee and then to the actual volcano itself?

Any other vantage points or tips on getting around sand sea and the temple would also be appreciated.

EDIT: I just read another post stating that the route the 4x4's take to the viewing area is different from the walking path, don't know if this is true or if there are clear markings along the way when I get there.

more
    • Tour operators

Balikpapan May 5, 2015 at 12:41 AM

Are there many tour operators in Balikpapan, and where?

more
    • Need help to stay in palembang

Palembang 22 hours ago

Hi friends ,

In coming day I will long stay with family in palembang ,, I have question as below !!

1) I need rental monthly room for a year , is it easy to get it

2) is it safe place to stay

3) how is local people there
      4) how they treating to foreigners
      5) is it clean place like Singapore, I mean cleanness of city

more
    • Lake Toba to Medan

North Sumatra Province May 21, 2015 at 6:04 AM

I planned to have 3 days vacation Indonesia. 1st day i straight to berastagi. 2nd day I planned to go for a Mount Sibayak trekking and in evening go to lake toba. The 3rd day I planned to have a tour in lake toba for a while and then shoot to medan airport. Is it possible?

more
    • Black Sand beaches

Bali May 13, 2015 at 8:59 AM

I am travelling to bali next month and one of my main things to do is visit a black sand beach. can anyone recommend any to visit?

more
    • Transportation

Wonosobo May 10, 2015 at 6:07 AM

We want to go from Bandung to Wonosobo in the early morning. What is the best option, to go by bus or train? What time does the bus or train starts?

more
    • poepat's Profile Photo

BALI TO FLORES HELP NEEDED

Bali May 31, 2015 at 3:23 AM

Hi all,,,, 2016 S E Asia travels well underway now...
      We would like to visit Komodo National Park and are planning to travel there from Bali.
      Can anyone advise on routes and costings for either flying to Flores from Bali or catching a ferry...
      We have about 8 - 10 days days spare to fit this trip in..
      Any help and general advice would be greatly appreciated..
      Many thanks
      POEPAT

more
    • Things to buy and where to get them

Jakarta May 28, 2015 at 5:42 AM

I'd like to get some crafts, I hear woodwork is a popular option, I have enough songket and batik items from Malaysia so I won't focus so much on that, although i will be getting some as well.

I was thinking of getting some shadow puppets, wood boxes and carvings as gifts. Can someone give me an idea of what's available, common items and things to take home and buy as gifts, as well as where best to get them. I will be in Jakarta, Yogyakarta and Surabaya. I'm still in the early stages of planning my itinerary so I haven't gotten around to the shopping part yet. I know there are plenty of malls in Indonesia, Jakarta especially but there don't seem to be all that many markets.

more
    • Getting Around Bali

Bali May 5, 2015 at 8:18 AM

Hi!

Myself and a couple of friends are headed to Bali in two weeks. We would love to go to Mount Batur as well as the tegalalang rice plantations but we are staying in seminyak and have heard that it is quite far away. Does anyone have a driver to recommend and what are the rates usually?

Same goes for Tanah Lot. We are planning to go there one evening and have been told it is better to hire a driver.

Please advise! Thank you!

more
    • Lone traveller

Bali May 6, 2015 at 10:31 AM

Hello all,
      I am a lone female traveller and I will be travelling for two months from the end of June/ beginning of July....I was wondering if anybody could please tell me of any good places to meet other travellers?
      Thanks, Anisa.

more
    • Desperate need for a nose cone!!

Bali May 28, 2015 at 4:12 PM

Im currently in Seminyak, Bali and coming down with a cold, does anyone out there know where i can buy a nose cone around here?? Went in to 3 different pharmacies and they didnt even seem to know what it was.. Please help!!

more
    • Cruzinsuzin's Profile Photo

Where to meet other backpackers in Makassar

Makassar Yesterday

Hi, I am a solo traveler and will be in Makassar for several days in June, was wondering where is a good place/restaurant/guesthouse to meet other backpackers? Thanks

more
    • Getting Around Bali

Bali May 5, 2015 at 8:18 AM

Hi!

Myself and a couple of friends are headed to Bali in two weeks. We would love to go to Mount Batur as well as the tegalalang rice plantations but we are staying in seminyak and have heard that it is quite far away. Does anyone have a driver to recommend and what are the rates usually?

Same goes for Tanah Lot. We are planning to go there one evening and have been told it is better to hire a driver.

Please advise! Thank you!

more
    • May travel

Bali May 6, 2015 at 4:23 AM

Hi we are traveling to bali this month. I have booked our first 3 nights but was planning on winging it the rest of the time. The closer my trip get the more nervous I am about that idea. Is it easy to find rooms/ villas/ any accommodations in May?

more
    • markbank's Profile Photo

Help me for Itinerary

Bandung May 2, 2015 at 11:13 PM

My Family and i plan go to bandung early June 2015 for 5@6 days....my question are:
      1) how i can go to bandung from soekarna Hatta Airport in jakarta bcoz we already bought the flight ticket....the fastest way

2) can i get local driver or good local tour guide during our trip in bandung?

3. Which hotel u recommend for family n close to shopping area

more
    • what is Cerwerk

Pulau Batam Feb 13, 2015 at 9:38 PM

What is a cerwerk in Batam Island

5 Answers Feb 15, 2015 at 5:56 PM
    • kenn21983's Profile Photo

Batam Centre to Nagoya Hill

Pulau Batam Jan 22, 2015 at 7:59 AM

Hi,

Just want to know how much it will cost for taxi from Batam Centre to Nagoya Hill? Is there any bus also on same route?
      Thank you.

3 Answers Mar 12, 2015 at 2:24 AM
    • Cita Rasa Seafood , Sembulang, Galang

Pulau Batam Jan 10, 2015 at 8:26 PM

Can anyone give me road directions to get to this resteraunt please?

3 Answers Jan 10, 2015 at 11:14 PM
    • joe_lim3@yahoo.com

Pekanbaru Aug 10, 2014 at 5:23 AM

is there bus service from pekan baru airport to city ?

1 Answer Aug 10, 2014 at 5:57 PM
    • the prices in Batam

Riau Province Jul 9, 2014 at 10:43 AM

Hi! I am from a European country. My friend now lives in Palembang (South Sumatra). We plan to live in Batam for a few month. My friend got information about prices in Batam. I was shocked. I think that my friend got wrong information. Could you tell me, is it true?
      He found a dorm for us. There is one room for us and a bath and a kitchen for a few rooms. The price is 2.000.000 rupiah for the room + 500.000 rupiah for security + electricity. The total price is around 3.000.000 rupiah for the room per month! The dorm is located in Plamo Garden, Block B (south of batam Centre Area). Could you tell me, is it normal price for Batam?
      We will visit almost every day Sekolah Tinggi Teknik Ibnu Sina which is located in Nagoya Area. We will use city transport (bus). He told that one ticket costs 10.000 rupiah. We have to use two buses to come from Plamo Garden to STT Ibnu Sina. One person will spend 40.000 rupiah per day. So, one person will pay 1.000.000 rupiah per month for transportation. Is it true that we have to use two buses? Is it true that the price of one ticket in the bus is 10.000 rupiah? Could you tell me the shortest and cheapest way?
      He said that he has to get Batam citizenship card (identity card). The price of the card is 1.000.000 rupiah. Why so expensive? I could get the card for free in my country.
      Thank you!

4 Answers Jul 11, 2014 at 10:36 PM
    • myortodoks's Profile Photo

Batam - Pulau Lingga

Pulau Lingga Jun 20, 2014 at 1:38 AM

I would like to go to Pulau Lingga and would like to stay there. Would appreciate if you can advise me the best itineray during my stay. I will fly to Batam on 21 - 24 Sep 2014. My plan i will stay 1 night at Nagoya, 1 night at Nongsa and 1 N at Pulau Lingga.

1 Answer Jun 20, 2014 at 6:49 PM
    • Transportation from Turi Beach Resort to Nagoya Area

Pulau Batam May 14, 2014 at 1:21 AM

Hi. I am going to Batam this December and stay in Turi Beach Hotel. How shouls I get to Nagoya Area? And I am the first time to visit Batam, what is the most interesting place I should visit?
      Thank you

4 Answers Oct 14, 2014 at 1:40 AM
    • Travel Alone to Batam

Pulau Batam Feb 27, 2014 at 3:23 PM

Is it safe to travel alone to batam and Pagoya Area?

8 Answers Mar 10, 2014 at 12:30 PM
    • How to travel to Jemaja island?

Pulau Jemaja Feb 10, 2014 at 8:04 AM

What is the best way to travel to Letung, Jemaja Island from USA?

1 Answer Feb 10, 2014 at 1:52 PM
    • Scooter Rental Bintan

Pulau Bintan Feb 2, 2014 at 8:29 PM

Hi,

Since I won a voucher for Bintan Lagoon Resort, I want to stay one night there.
      But since I am also interested in travelling around the Island, I am thinking about renting a scooter for two days and make the following trip:
      - Arrive in Tanjung Pinang Friday evening. Stay 1 night
      - Rent the Scooter on Saturday morning, travel via Trikora Beach to Bintan Lagoon Resort
      - 1 Night @ Lagoon Resort
      - Travel back to Tanjung Pinang

Is this possible at all? Can you recommend a scooter rental @ Tanjung Pinang?

Thanks a lot for your replies!

Best regards,
      Marc

3 Answers Feb 17, 2014 at 8:31 AM
    • I like to go there alone. How do I get to know an Ojek taxi before I get there?

Pulau Bintan Nov 19, 2013 at 9:18 PM

I like to go there alone. How do I get to know an Ojek taxi before I get there?

2 Answers Mar 4, 2014 at 8:29 PM
    • Cost of taxi fare

Pulau Batam Oct 12, 2013 at 7:07 PM

Am looking for approximate cost of taxi from Batam Island ferry to Golden View Hotel.

1 Answer Dec 23, 2013 at 3:11 PM
    • Good Shopping Zone, Money for Value in Tanjung Balai?

Pulau Karimun Besar Oct 6, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Can you tell what are the interesting items for shopping here? What about halal fresh seafood and best food in town? What are the interesting places to visit beside masjid and beach???
      Are there anything for children, I mean toy shop, place for play and wholesalers for clothing, prayer clothes etc?

• is there a garden?

Bengkalis Sep 16, 2013 at 12:29 PM

is there a garden or something like that near Bengkalis?

1 Answer Sep 17, 2013 at 11:05 AM
    • Batam Center to Turi Beach

Pulau Batam Sep 16, 2013 at 7:43 AM

How do I go from the Batam Center Ferry terminal to Turi Beach for the Water Sports. Please let me know the price for the same. Are the Water Sports available for the Public as well or only for the ones who are staying in the Resort there??

• grocery and alcohol shopping

Pulau Bintan Aug 5, 2013 at 1:33 AM

is there anywhere relatively close to mayang sari - where you can shop for groceries and drinks?

• Polo Ralph Lauren Store & First Factory Outlet

Pulau Batam Jul 28, 2013 at 10:54 PM

(1) Do both the stores accept Visa or Master or Amex cards?

(2) Are the garments sold in First & Polo stroes genuine products?

(3) What are the brands sold in First Factory Outlet? Any Calvin Klein? Any Emporio Armani?

• gretchenmarielim's Profile Photo

Do it yourself tour or via agency

Pulau Batam Jul 11, 2013 at 8:07 AM

Hi! I'll be visiting Batam by the end of the month with my mom. What is cheaper? do i book for a tour via travel agencies
      or a do it yourself tour? Many thanks!

5 Answers Dec 23, 2013 at 3:11 PM
    • A day trip

Pulau Bintan Jun 14, 2013 at 10:03 PM

Hi, I was planning a day trip with my friends. We are 5-6 girls from Singapore and will return back with the evening ferry. It would be great if some one could advise me on the following questions:
      1. Is Bintan safe for women travellers?
      2. What activities can be done throughout day?
      3. Best way to commute accross island?

5 Answers Nov 19, 2013 at 9:25 PM
    • AJS77's Profile Photo

Bad Images Batam custom immigration

Pulau Batam Jun 4, 2013 at 6:59 PM

Should custom not allowed a tourist come in to Batam??????
      First time happened in my life, Batam is not Singapore.

38 Answers Jan 8, 2015 at 7:47 PM
    • Papua/Raja Ampat from Tanjung Puting NP?

Tanjungpinang May 17, 2013 at 7:58 AM

Hi all would anyone be able to advise me as to how to get to Papua/Raja Ampat from Tanjung Puting National Park?

5 Answers Jul 21, 2013 at 11:42 AM
    • 3D2N itenary

Pulau Karimun Besar Mar 20, 2013 at 4:57 PM

Can anyone suggest what to do in Tg Balai for 2 nights? Tq
      Where should we shop? etc

1 Answer Apr 4, 2013 at 1:05 PM
    • what is the nearest airport to Duri

Duri Jul 2, 2012 at 8:46 AM

what is the nearest airport to duri

2 Answers Feb 7, 2013 at 10:16 PM
    • euli's Profile Photo

Bringing own food from Singapore (by ferry) for BBQ

Pulau Bintan Apr 9, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Does anyone know if it is possible to bring one's own food from Singapore to Bintan for the BBQ? We will be staying in a villa that has a BBQ pit. I thought of bringing sausages, wings, steak, in an ice-box on the ferry. Will I be able to get past customs?

5 Answers Apr 12, 2012 at 7:21 PM
    • Ferrys

Pulau Batam Feb 28, 2012 at 4:30 AM

I know the ferry for Jakarta sails wed only, does anyone know when other ferrys leave to and on what days. I am having no success with the ferry company's web page.

Thanks a lot.

John

5 Answers Mar 5, 2012 at 9:41 AM
    • flirtyguy's Profile Photo

2D1N in Batam

Pulau Batam Feb 22, 2012 at 5:16 AM

Hi! Me and my wife are going to Batam this 25Feb for the 1st time. As part of a package, once we arrived at Batam, there will be a whole day tour to various places including a lunch at Golden Prawn Seafood. I think the tour will be completed around 6pm. Then we will be sent to Harmoni One hotel or checkin and 1hour massage.
      Considering our hotel's location:
      1. Is there any good and reasonably priced seafood restaurant nearby? How much is the taxi fare?
      2. Do we have enough time to go around Nagoya area for shopping, dining and maybe another massage te following day if we get the latest ferry back to Singapore? Or should we extend our stay for 1more night?
      3. How much is the taxi fare from Harmoni One to Nagoya area? From Nagoya to Batam Centre Ferry?
      4. Is Megamall worth visiting compared to Nagoya Area?

Basically we just want to have relaxing massages, eat seafoods and shop a bit during our stay in Batam but we are just afraid that the tour will eat up most of our time there. Just looking for some advice. Thank you!

• Ferry to Jakarta

Pulau Batam Feb 13, 2012 at 12:32 AM

Hi I am trying to get to Jakarta by ferry, the only information I can get is about the weekly (wed ) ferry. I don't arrive in Singapore until the Thursday, are there other ferrys to Jakarta from batam that go via different islands to save me waiting nearly a week. Also any web sites you recommend for the ferrys.

Thanks in advance
      John

3 Answers Dec 23, 2013 at 3:11 PM
    • Ferry to Jakarta

Pulau Batam Feb 13, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Hi I am trying to get to Jakarta by ferry, the only information I can get is about the weekly (wed ) ferry. I don't arrive in Singapore until the Thursday, are there other ferrys to Jakarta from batam that go via different islands to save me waiting nearly a week. Also any web sites you recommend for the ferrys.

Thanks in advance
      John

8 Answers Feb 15, 2012 at 11:28 AM
    • eyalala's Profile Photo

Day Trip Nagoya Shopping Mall then Turi Beach Resort: Doable?

Pulau Batam Jan 13, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Hi! My family and I are going to Batam next Saturday. From morning till 1 or 2 pm, after arrival from ferry, we want to go shopping at Nagoya Hills Shopping Mall. Then hire a taxi to drive over to Turi Beach Resort, where we will lounge around a bit (using their Daytour Package). Then we take the last ferry trip back to Singapore via Nongsapura Ferry Terminal which is near Turi Beach).

Is this possible?

Thank you.

2 Answers Dec 23, 2013 at 3:11 PM
    • adnan1977's Profile Photo

need help

Pulau Batam Dec 25, 2011 at 6:25 AM

i want to go to Batam, indonesia via singapore by using free. My problem is to find a hotel that is very near to the shopping centre. Another question, which ferry terminal should of choose if i stay the one that you all reommended.