Riau Province

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Driver to Jakarta

Surabaya Aug 28, 2015 at 8:06 PM

I need to get from Surabaya to Jakarta tomorrow.
      Anyone know of private drivers ? The train is full and I cannot fly with my Visa.
      Please let me know. Thanks!

more
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

How to go to Sriwijaya Archaeological Park?

Palembang Aug 10, 2015 at 6:36 AM

May i know how to go and how long does it take to travel by taxi from Palembang airport to Sriwijaya Archaeological Park?

more
    • jeannetteb1's Profile Photo

Volcanoe disruption

Bali Aug 6, 2015 at 1:58 AM

Hi hoping someone can give me a little advice and support. We are due to fly out to Hong Kong this Sat with Cathay Pacific and then on to Bali on the 11th Aug. Does anyone know if Dragonair flights are being affected by the volcano ash? I can see lots of info for Virgin and Jetstar from Australian travellers but not a lot for other airlines. Cathay Pacific have very generic info on their website. I really don't know what to do, beginning to worry about flying to HK and getting stuck there! Booked everything ourselves, although insurance does at least cover us for the ash.
      Hoping for a little friendly support to stop me panicking!
      Thanks Jeannette

more
    • 10 days in Bali (+ Lombok/Gilli) over Christmas / New Year

Bali Aug 23, 2015 at 3:55 AM

Hi all,

I've spent quite a bit of time looking at suggested 10-day itineraries for Bali, but yet I still don't seem to have managed to find one that I feel works for me. I'm in Bali for 10 full days (11 nights), arriving on Christmas Eve and staying on until the 4th January. I will be arriving and departing from Denpasar

I'm not a big beach-goer or into surfing, though having said that, I would still like to fit in a couple of days at a quiet, relaxing beach. I will be travelling alone, and am in my mid-twenties. I don't drink, so I'm not looking for parties/bars/wild nights. I'm interested in exploring the history and culture, with a bit of down-time thrown in. I'm interested in the local life, scenery, food and exploration - so spending days at a beach resort is not too appealing - though some relaxation time on an authentic local beach would be lovely. I would also like to try and fit in Lombok and a couple of nights on one of the Gili islands - though I get the feeling that this might be trying to cram in too much.

At the moment, my rough itinerary is:

24/12 EVENING ARRIVAL

25/12 Bali (Ubud)

26/12 Bali (Ubud)

27/12 Bali (Ubud)

28/12 Bali (Ubud)

29/12 Lombok (Senggigi?)

30/12 Lombok (Senggigi?)

31/12 Gilli (Gilli T?)

01/01 Gilli (Gilli T?)

02/01 Bali (Sanur?)

03/01 Bali (Sanur?)

04/01 AFTERNOON DEPARTURE

I would be ever so grateful if you could share some ideas on which areas might be best for me to visit/stay for each of the proposed stops - as well as let me know if the itinerary is realistic. I would like the trip to be as comfortable as possible (I'm not a backpacker/hostel type), though, having said that, I will be on a budget (perhaps 3-star). As my trip is over the festive season, do you think that the date allocation for each stop is appropriate or should I make changes to the order that I plan to make each stop? I would also like the order of the itinerary to be appropriate and practical for departing for the next stop on my trip.

I have found that there are just so many variations and possible itineraries that cater for different interests, and I have just found it all very overwhelming, and not found a detailed itinerary that fully grabs me.

Thanks in advance!

more
    • Effects of Volcanic Ash in the city

Bali Aug 8, 2015 at 7:36 AM

I wonder if someone who is now in Bali can provide an update on the pollution level as a result of the volcanic ash. There was a report on BBC - August 7, showing damage to local crops and the thick ash on the crops and the locals using face masks. Would it be advisable to bring face mask for people going there in the next few days? In the hotels does the ash cover the surfaces...beds, tables, etc.? Just wanted to know what kind of an experience it is at this time. Thank you.

more
    • jeannetteb1's Profile Photo

Visas, payments and money exchange

Bali Aug 1, 2015 at 5:04 AM

Hi hoping for some up to date advice...

1) Am I correct that since June 2015 the visa-free policy is granted to foreign nationals of 30 additional countries and this now includes the UK so we will not now need to pay the US 35 dollar entry visa fee?

2) Is there a charge for departing the country as I have also read that the departure tax should be included in flight price. I'm getting confused reading advice to other people, on different forums on other sites. Any up to date advice would be great.

3) I know it is best to change to IDR there so would you take GBP travellers cheques or cash?

Thanks JB

more
    • What visa/permits do I need to visit Sorong?

Sorong Aug 5, 2015 at 9:55 PM

I'm planning to visit family in Sorong at the end of the year, but am unsure what visas/permits I need or where to get them. Could someone help me?

Thanks in advance for your help!

more
    • s.j86's Profile Photo

Phuket to Jakarta

Indonesia Aug 10, 2015 at 12:09 PM

Is there any ferry service from Phuket or any other part of Thailand to Jakarta or Bali or any other part of Indonesia? If yes, is it reliable?

more
    • Three weeks in Bali 27th February and Alcohol

Bali Aug 20, 2015 at 12:32 PM

My wife and I are due to spend about 3 weeks in Bali. We are both aged related pensioners and my last visit to a Muslim country was many years ago where alcohol was and is still prohibited. Not wishing to offend but like to have a glass or two of wine, especially with meals, I ask for advice. Not wanting to stay in 5 star hotels but prefer small guest house. Are there such places, that serve alcohol as in reasonably priced; Gin and Tonics, and wine ?
      Are there off licences/ stores where wines are readily available ?
      Can anyone advise on the best area for us to get a taxi to from the airport, to find such a Guest House, private facilities and hopefully a sea view. We will already have spent two months travelling so cost must be considered. We look for a; peaceful, tranquil setting but reasonably central for a few day excursions and site seeing.

more
    • health insurance for Batam citizen

Riau Province Jun 6, 2015 at 6:41 AM

Hi! Could you help me? My friend has been working as a lecturer at the university located in Batam. She said that the price of the health insurance is 500.000 Rp per month. Her salary is 3.000.000 Rp. It means her salary is cut by 500.000 Rp every month. Is it truth? Why is the health insurance so expensive in Indonesia?
      Thank you!

4 Answers Jun 8, 2015 at 6:27 AM
    • what is Cerwerk

Pulau Batam Feb 13, 2015 at 9:38 PM

What is a cerwerk in Batam Island

5 Answers Feb 15, 2015 at 5:56 PM
    • kenn21983's Profile Photo

Batam Centre to Nagoya Hill

Pulau Batam Jan 22, 2015 at 7:59 AM

Hi,

Just want to know how much it will cost for taxi from Batam Centre to Nagoya Hill? Is there any bus also on same route?
      Thank you.

3 Answers Mar 12, 2015 at 2:24 AM
    • Cita Rasa Seafood , Sembulang, Galang

Pulau Batam Jan 10, 2015 at 8:26 PM

Can anyone give me road directions to get to this resteraunt please?

3 Answers Jan 10, 2015 at 11:14 PM
    • joe_lim3@yahoo.com

Pekanbaru Aug 10, 2014 at 5:23 AM

is there bus service from pekan baru airport to city ?

1 Answer Aug 10, 2014 at 5:57 PM
    • the prices in Batam

Riau Province Jul 9, 2014 at 10:43 AM

Hi! I am from a European country. My friend now lives in Palembang (South Sumatra). We plan to live in Batam for a few month. My friend got information about prices in Batam. I was shocked. I think that my friend got wrong information. Could you tell me, is it true?
      He found a dorm for us. There is one room for us and a bath and a kitchen for a few rooms. The price is 2.000.000 rupiah for the room + 500.000 rupiah for security + electricity. The total price is around 3.000.000 rupiah for the room per month! The dorm is located in Plamo Garden, Block B (south of batam Centre Area). Could you tell me, is it normal price for Batam?
      We will visit almost every day Sekolah Tinggi Teknik Ibnu Sina which is located in Nagoya Area. We will use city transport (bus). He told that one ticket costs 10.000 rupiah. We have to use two buses to come from Plamo Garden to STT Ibnu Sina. One person will spend 40.000 rupiah per day. So, one person will pay 1.000.000 rupiah per month for transportation. Is it true that we have to use two buses? Is it true that the price of one ticket in the bus is 10.000 rupiah? Could you tell me the shortest and cheapest way?
      He said that he has to get Batam citizenship card (identity card). The price of the card is 1.000.000 rupiah. Why so expensive? I could get the card for free in my country.
      Thank you!

4 Answers Jul 11, 2014 at 10:36 PM
    • myortodoks's Profile Photo

Batam - Pulau Lingga

Pulau Lingga Jun 20, 2014 at 1:38 AM

I would like to go to Pulau Lingga and would like to stay there. Would appreciate if you can advise me the best itineray during my stay. I will fly to Batam on 21 - 24 Sep 2014. My plan i will stay 1 night at Nagoya, 1 night at Nongsa and 1 N at Pulau Lingga.

1 Answer Jun 20, 2014 at 6:49 PM
    • Transportation from Turi Beach Resort to Nagoya Area

Pulau Batam May 14, 2014 at 1:21 AM

Hi. I am going to Batam this December and stay in Turi Beach Hotel. How shouls I get to Nagoya Area? And I am the first time to visit Batam, what is the most interesting place I should visit?
      Thank you

4 Answers Oct 14, 2014 at 1:40 AM
    • Travel Alone to Batam

Pulau Batam Feb 27, 2014 at 3:23 PM

Is it safe to travel alone to batam and Pagoya Area?

8 Answers Mar 10, 2014 at 12:30 PM
    • How to travel to Jemaja island?

Pulau Jemaja Feb 10, 2014 at 8:04 AM

What is the best way to travel to Letung, Jemaja Island from USA?

1 Answer Feb 10, 2014 at 1:52 PM
    • Scooter Rental Bintan

Pulau Bintan Feb 2, 2014 at 8:29 PM

Hi,

Since I won a voucher for Bintan Lagoon Resort, I want to stay one night there.
      But since I am also interested in travelling around the Island, I am thinking about renting a scooter for two days and make the following trip:
      - Arrive in Tanjung Pinang Friday evening. Stay 1 night
      - Rent the Scooter on Saturday morning, travel via Trikora Beach to Bintan Lagoon Resort
      - 1 Night @ Lagoon Resort
      - Travel back to Tanjung Pinang

Is this possible at all? Can you recommend a scooter rental @ Tanjung Pinang?

Thanks a lot for your replies!

Best regards,
      Marc

3 Answers Feb 17, 2014 at 8:31 AM
    • I like to go there alone. How do I get to know an Ojek taxi before I get there?

Pulau Bintan Nov 19, 2013 at 9:18 PM

I like to go there alone. How do I get to know an Ojek taxi before I get there?

2 Answers Mar 4, 2014 at 8:29 PM
    • Cost of taxi fare

Pulau Batam Oct 12, 2013 at 7:07 PM

Am looking for approximate cost of taxi from Batam Island ferry to Golden View Hotel.

1 Answer Dec 23, 2013 at 3:11 PM
    • Good Shopping Zone, Money for Value in Tanjung Balai?

Pulau Karimun Besar Oct 6, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Can you tell what are the interesting items for shopping here? What about halal fresh seafood and best food in town? What are the interesting places to visit beside masjid and beach???
      Are there anything for children, I mean toy shop, place for play and wholesalers for clothing, prayer clothes etc?

• is there a garden?

Bengkalis Sep 16, 2013 at 12:29 PM

is there a garden or something like that near Bengkalis?

1 Answer Sep 17, 2013 at 11:05 AM
    • Batam Center to Turi Beach

Pulau Batam Sep 16, 2013 at 7:43 AM

How do I go from the Batam Center Ferry terminal to Turi Beach for the Water Sports. Please let me know the price for the same. Are the Water Sports available for the Public as well or only for the ones who are staying in the Resort there??

• grocery and alcohol shopping

Pulau Bintan Aug 5, 2013 at 1:33 AM

is there anywhere relatively close to mayang sari - where you can shop for groceries and drinks?

• Polo Ralph Lauren Store & First Factory Outlet

Pulau Batam Jul 28, 2013 at 10:54 PM

(1) Do both the stores accept Visa or Master or Amex cards?

(2) Are the garments sold in First & Polo stroes genuine products?

(3) What are the brands sold in First Factory Outlet? Any Calvin Klein? Any Emporio Armani?

• gretchenmarielim's Profile Photo

Do it yourself tour or via agency

Pulau Batam Jul 11, 2013 at 8:07 AM

Hi! I'll be visiting Batam by the end of the month with my mom. What is cheaper? do i book for a tour via travel agencies
      or a do it yourself tour? Many thanks!

5 Answers Dec 23, 2013 at 3:11 PM
    • A day trip

Pulau Bintan Jun 14, 2013 at 10:03 PM

Hi, I was planning a day trip with my friends. We are 5-6 girls from Singapore and will return back with the evening ferry. It would be great if some one could advise me on the following questions:
      1. Is Bintan safe for women travellers?
      2. What activities can be done throughout day?
      3. Best way to commute accross island?

5 Answers Nov 19, 2013 at 9:25 PM
    • AJS77's Profile Photo

Bad Images Batam custom immigration

Pulau Batam Jun 4, 2013 at 6:59 PM

Should custom not allowed a tourist come in to Batam??????
      First time happened in my life, Batam is not Singapore.

38 Answers Jan 8, 2015 at 7:47 PM
    • Papua/Raja Ampat from Tanjung Puting NP?

Tanjungpinang May 17, 2013 at 7:58 AM

Hi all would anyone be able to advise me as to how to get to Papua/Raja Ampat from Tanjung Puting National Park?

5 Answers Jul 21, 2013 at 11:42 AM
    • 3D2N itenary

Pulau Karimun Besar Mar 20, 2013 at 4:57 PM

Can anyone suggest what to do in Tg Balai for 2 nights? Tq
      Where should we shop? etc

1 Answer Apr 4, 2013 at 1:05 PM
    • what is the nearest airport to Duri

Duri Jul 2, 2012 at 8:46 AM

what is the nearest airport to duri

2 Answers Feb 7, 2013 at 10:16 PM
    • euli's Profile Photo

Bringing own food from Singapore (by ferry) for BBQ

Pulau Bintan Apr 9, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Does anyone know if it is possible to bring one's own food from Singapore to Bintan for the BBQ? We will be staying in a villa that has a BBQ pit. I thought of bringing sausages, wings, steak, in an ice-box on the ferry. Will I be able to get past customs?

5 Answers Apr 12, 2012 at 7:21 PM
    • Ferrys

Pulau Batam Feb 28, 2012 at 4:30 AM

I know the ferry for Jakarta sails wed only, does anyone know when other ferrys leave to and on what days. I am having no success with the ferry company's web page.

Thanks a lot.

John

5 Answers Mar 5, 2012 at 9:41 AM
    • flirtyguy's Profile Photo

2D1N in Batam

Pulau Batam Feb 22, 2012 at 5:16 AM

Hi! Me and my wife are going to Batam this 25Feb for the 1st time. As part of a package, once we arrived at Batam, there will be a whole day tour to various places including a lunch at Golden Prawn Seafood. I think the tour will be completed around 6pm. Then we will be sent to Harmoni One hotel or checkin and 1hour massage.
      Considering our hotel's location:
      1. Is there any good and reasonably priced seafood restaurant nearby? How much is the taxi fare?
      2. Do we have enough time to go around Nagoya area for shopping, dining and maybe another massage te following day if we get the latest ferry back to Singapore? Or should we extend our stay for 1more night?
      3. How much is the taxi fare from Harmoni One to Nagoya area? From Nagoya to Batam Centre Ferry?
      4. Is Megamall worth visiting compared to Nagoya Area?

Basically we just want to have relaxing massages, eat seafoods and shop a bit during our stay in Batam but we are just afraid that the tour will eat up most of our time there. Just looking for some advice. Thank you!

• Ferry to Jakarta

Pulau Batam Feb 13, 2012 at 12:32 AM

Hi I am trying to get to Jakarta by ferry, the only information I can get is about the weekly (wed ) ferry. I don't arrive in Singapore until the Thursday, are there other ferrys to Jakarta from batam that go via different islands to save me waiting nearly a week. Also any web sites you recommend for the ferrys.

Thanks in advance
      John

3 Answers Dec 23, 2013 at 3:11 PM
    • Ferry to Jakarta

Pulau Batam Feb 13, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Hi I am trying to get to Jakarta by ferry, the only information I can get is about the weekly (wed ) ferry. I don't arrive in Singapore until the Thursday, are there other ferrys to Jakarta from batam that go via different islands to save me waiting nearly a week. Also any web sites you recommend for the ferrys.

Thanks in advance
      John

8 Answers Feb 15, 2012 at 11:28 AM
    • eyalala's Profile Photo

Day Trip Nagoya Shopping Mall then Turi Beach Resort: Doable?

Pulau Batam Jan 13, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Hi! My family and I are going to Batam next Saturday. From morning till 1 or 2 pm, after arrival from ferry, we want to go shopping at Nagoya Hills Shopping Mall. Then hire a taxi to drive over to Turi Beach Resort, where we will lounge around a bit (using their Daytour Package). Then we take the last ferry trip back to Singapore via Nongsapura Ferry Terminal which is near Turi Beach).

Is this possible?

Thank you.

2 Answers Dec 23, 2013 at 3:11 PM