Rhyl Travel Answers

change location

Is there anywhere nice to go in Rhyl?

by vickyt83 Online Now Jun 15, 2008 at 5:28 PM

Is it just me or is there nowhere nice to enjoy an evening out in Rhyl? I recently visited Rhyl for the weekend with my partner and was looking forward to a nice evening out on the town. To my disappointment we didn't find one nice place to enjoy a drink without receiving scary threatening stares from the locals. One hour and six bars later we decided to head back to the holiday home we was staying at. Based on my first experience of Rhyl's nightlife I will never visit the place again. Can anyone suggest a place in this horrid town to make me change my opinion?

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • dave.richards's Profile Photo

Re: Is there anywhere nice to go in Rhyl?

by dave.richards Online Now Jun 23, 2008 at 7:14 AM

I havn't been to Rhyl for over 30 years and from what you have said, it hasn't changed much!
    The weekends back then were even worse as the North Wales gangs would arrange to meet up with the Merseyside gangs... and it wasn't to play chess!
    And don't think of going to Prestatyn either. Once a decent enough place, that's gone to the pits too.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • muguruki's Profile Photo

by muguruki Online Now Jun 26, 2008 at 4:06 AM

Rhyl is not the nicest of places these days, even the beach is not so nice, Although I do like the beach not so far away in Talacre. Your best bet is to go further down the coast to Llandudno or Rhos on sea, a much better bet. Here is a link to my little bit on Talacre. Wales Tourist Trap Tips by muguruki

by dave.richards Online Now Jul 6, 2008 at 3:37 AM

I used to live in Rhos-on-Sea and liked the place also. Not far from there is the Little Orme where white (or maybe black) witches used to hold their covern meetings. I notice now that a housing estate has been built on the site. I wonder if they know that pagan and devil worship took place where they now live?

by dave.richards Online Now Jul 10, 2008 at 11:49 AM

In a recent audit, Rhyl got the top 3 most deprived areas of Wales. That just about says it all when a one horse town can get gold, silver and bronze!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines