change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• hillelarkin's Profile Photo

transportation

by hillelarkin Online Now Apr 2, 2014 at 8:12 PM

We plan a family reunion meeting in Faliraki, Rhodes (12-14 persons, 3 babies). I have several questions regarding transportation:
      1) Is there a taxi service from the airport to Faliraki (Ladico Beach) and how much it ca cost
      2) Is there a service of hiring a van/ minivan with driver for a day trip around the island and how much it may cost?
      3) taxi service cost from Faliraki to Rhodes old city: does it operate on late nights?

Thanks - HA

more
    • Current Weather

by BritGirl81 Online Now Apr 7, 2014 at 6:03 AM

Hi, my family and I are flying out early next week to Rhodes. Can anyone tell me what the current weather is like so we know what to pack please?

Many thanks.

more
    • Airport Transfers

by sorrento12 Online Now Mar 24, 2014 at 12:10 PM

Hi,
      Can anyone recommend a taxi transfer service from Rhodes Airport to Kolymbia? I have searched on line but it can be a bit scary as I am not sure how reliable the different companies might be. I am travelling with my elderly mother so don't want any mishaps.
      Thanks

more
    • Current Weather

by BritGirl81 Online Now Apr 7, 2014 at 6:03 AM

Hi, my family and I are flying out early next week to Rhodes. Can anyone tell me what the current weather is like so we know what to pack please?

Many thanks.

2 Answers Apr 7, 2014 at 11:47 AM
    • hillelarkin's Profile Photo

transportation

by hillelarkin Online Now Apr 2, 2014 at 8:12 PM

We plan a family reunion meeting in Faliraki, Rhodes (12-14 persons, 3 babies). I have several questions regarding transportation:
      1) Is there a taxi service from the airport to Faliraki (Ladico Beach) and how much it ca cost
      2) Is there a service of hiring a van/ minivan with driver for a day trip around the island and how much it may cost?
      3) taxi service cost from Faliraki to Rhodes old city: does it operate on late nights?

Thanks - HA

• Airport Transfers

by sorrento12 Online Now Mar 24, 2014 at 12:10 PM

Hi,
      Can anyone recommend a taxi transfer service from Rhodes Airport to Kolymbia? I have searched on line but it can be a bit scary as I am not sure how reliable the different companies might be. I am travelling with my elderly mother so don't want any mishaps.
      Thanks

6 Answers Mar 24, 2014 at 3:36 PM
    • Birdwatching guides

by mitch49b Online Now Jan 26, 2014 at 12:31 PM

is there a local person who can act as a bird guide and take me birdwatching.

Any recommendations on where to go birdwatching

2 Answers Jan 27, 2014 at 8:31 AM
    • kolymbia boat hire

by K.FORSYTH Online Now Jan 10, 2014 at 3:25 PM

Hi we are getting married in kolymbia in may and was hoping to hire a boat for a mini cruise for the wedding party after the ceremony but before the meal. Can anyone advise if any companies that may do this? Thanks

1 Answer Feb 4, 2014 at 3:27 AM
    • moving stuff to rhodos

by movingrhodos Online Now Oct 18, 2013 at 5:48 AM

we have bought a house in rhodos.. Can anyone tell me what the easiest (cheapest) way is to move our stuff there (from France)? By container? by truck? and if you take a ferry, which is the best port to depart from?

thanks

s

7 Answers Oct 18, 2013 at 2:31 PM
    • Second Visit to Rhodes Town. Things to Do?

by candelle Online Now Oct 3, 2013 at 4:12 PM

HI

We visited beautiful Rhodes Town last year and had a wonderful time sight-seeing and walking and walking and.. well, you get the drift!

Could anyone suggest other things to do near Rhodes Town as we'll be there again soon - but unfortunately,only for one day.

Last time, we din't find the Acropolis which I understand is there, would that be a suggestion? Could you advise how far it is from the town - we'll be on foot.

Many thanks in advance for any suggestion.

Candelle

12 Answers Oct 4, 2013 at 4:38 AM
    • Maurizioago's Profile Photo

Best area to stay.

by Maurizioago Online Now Aug 16, 2013 at 2:26 PM

What is the best area to stay on this island in your opinion.

I booked a room in Kolimbia some years ago, but this time I'd like to choose another place to stay.

Thanks!

3 Answers Aug 17, 2013 at 1:48 AM
    • MLDIVE's Profile Photo

Rhodes to Santorini

by MLDIVE Online Now Aug 8, 2013 at 12:07 AM

What is the best way to go to Santorini from Rhodes? How far and how much would it be? Thanks!

6 Answers Aug 22, 2013 at 6:38 PM
    • rhodes island greece

by shpiner Online Now Jul 9, 2013 at 10:19 AM

what is the best way to get from the vallian village hotel to the faliraki water park?

• rhodes island greece

by shpiner Online Now Jul 9, 2013 at 10:15 AM

what is the best way to get from the vallian village hotel to the faliraki water park?

1 Answer Jul 9, 2013 at 2:54 PM
    • Prices in rhodes

by Bluemoon52 Online Now Jun 23, 2013 at 2:53 AM

Hi everybody,

We have booked 10 nights at the rodos palladium in kalithia and would be really greatful for any info on prices of food and drink in Rhodes.We usually do all inclusive but are half board and was wondering if to expect any nasty shocks due to the Greek economy.expecting a little dearer due to the euro.would anybody be aware of nice beaches worth visiting or any boat trips.

Many thanks in advance.

5 Answers Jul 30, 2013 at 4:03 AM
    • ERLIKHAN's Profile Photo

Rhodes vs Lesbos

by ERLIKHAN Online Now Jun 21, 2013 at 10:38 AM

For 3 days stay which island would you recommend, and why?
      It is said that Lesbos is a big island and to have a car is a necessity. Is it easy to rent a car there?

regards

4 Answers Jul 5, 2013 at 3:55 AM
    • CDM7's Profile Photo

Using the bus service on Rhodes island.

by CDM7 Online Now Apr 28, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Is anyone familiar with using the bus service to get around the island of Rhodes and is it reliable?

3 Answers Apr 30, 2013 at 6:21 AM
    • Luggage Storage

by MeganAnderson Online Now Apr 14, 2013 at 2:47 PM

Is there luggage storage at the main port? We arrive very early and can't get on our cruise ship to the afternoon, so it would be great to be able to leave our luggage secure some where close to port or old town so we can take a look around. We don't want to leave it at the airport as it's too far away.

1 Answer Apr 19, 2013 at 12:33 AM
    • laurabaggott1's Profile Photo

Can anyone recommend some historical/archaeological sites?

by laurabaggott1 Online Now Oct 11, 2012 at 3:49 PM

Hi There
      My sister and I are coming to Rhodes for 3 nights and 4 days mid October. Can anyone reccommend which 3/4 historical buildings or archaeological sites we should see?

Many Thanks

Laura

3 Answers Oct 11, 2012 at 6:55 PM
    • Maurizioago's Profile Photo

Rhodes in october.

by Maurizioago Online Now Sep 15, 2012 at 7:00 AM

Is it worth to visit Rhodes at the end of october? Will there be several restaurants, cafes and shops open?

7 Answers Sep 20, 2012 at 9:46 AM
    • stamporama's Profile Photo

Entering Greece through Rhodes

by stamporama Online Now Apr 7, 2012 at 1:47 AM

I'm planning a trip to Turkey and Greece in Sept. and I learned that instead of flying from Istanbul to Athens, one may choose to ride a catamaran from Marmaris to Rhodes and maybe start our Greek journey from there. Since the end of our Turkey trip will likely find us in the southwest coast, this seems to be a practical move.

May I know if this is a good option? Are the passport/customs control in Rhodes any different from the Athens airport? And is it easy enough to get ferry rides from Rhodes to the other islands (like Santorini and Mykonos) and onwards to Piraeus?

Thanks for any reply.

6 Answers Jun 3, 2012 at 6:29 AM
    • base point to see as much of rhodes

by mianammad Online Now Feb 20, 2012 at 3:27 PM

Hi could anyone help me what is the best place to make a base to be able to see most of rhodes in 6 days, I want to be able to see kalithea springs,rodos, lindos and the rhodes town boat trips etc. I am thinking of hiring a car any advise please of where to stay as a center point i am very interested in staying kalithea would that make a good center point?

2 Answers Apr 28, 2012 at 5:35 AM
    • KellyNY's Profile Photo

Sun Palace Hotel in Faliraki and weather in May?

by KellyNY Online Now Feb 19, 2012 at 7:12 AM

Hi All,
      we've just booked our family holiday. We are staying in the Sun Palace Hotel in Faliraki Rhodes.
      Has anyone stayed there and what's it like? Reviews sound amazing:-)
      Also we are going middle of May for 10 nights, what sort of weather can we expect?

Thanks in advance

Kelly.

2 Answers Feb 19, 2012 at 11:54 AM
    • chriso1969's Profile Photo

Didim to Rhodes

by chriso1969 Online Now Jan 15, 2012 at 6:22 AM

Im travelling to Didim in June for 10 days and then to Rhodes for 2 days and I was wondering the following
      1.Roughly how much is local beer and import beer?
      2.Is there English and Irish bars/restraunts in Kos? 3.Can you travel from Didim or Bodrum to Rhodes and if so the best way to get there and price?

• tedmac's Profile Photo

Mitsis Grand Hotel Rhodes

by tedmac Online Now Sep 27, 2011 at 6:02 AM

Has anyone stayed in the Mitsis Grand Hotel in Rhodes ?

If so did you have a great room (GR) , a rubbish room (RR) or the best room in the hotel (BR).

I'd appreciate all opinions and feedback on the hotel

Many Thanks

Ted

10 Answers Sep 27, 2011 at 10:54 PM
    • That bus airport to old town?

by Tommmo Online Now Jul 26, 2011 at 4:08 PM

Still not clear if we can rely on catching a bus from the airport (midday in September) to Old Town Rhodes easily.

8 Answers Aug 6, 2011 at 4:22 PM
    • rl1steve's Profile Photo

Haraki Bay Hotel

by rl1steve Online Now Jul 26, 2011 at 2:16 AM

We have booked a week at The Haraki Bay hotel in Haraki at the begining of September, and we are booking a car for 3 days. Could anyone suggest places we can visit by car please? We are going to use the local bus for Lindos and Rhodes Town

3 Answers Jul 27, 2011 at 11:01 AM
    • visi_alb's Profile Photo

Luggage Storage for a day

by visi_alb Online Now Jul 22, 2011 at 10:45 AM

Hi,

I am staying in Rodos for a day during a ferry transfer. I have eight hours to spend there and I would like to store my lugage somewhere for that time. I tried to search online for a place that offers this but i couldnt find anything. Does anyone know of any. Thank you guys

5 Answers Jul 27, 2011 at 6:51 AM
    • rl1steve's Profile Photo

Haraki

by rl1steve Online Now Jul 16, 2011 at 7:44 AM

Has anyone been to Haraki? We are looking to stay in the Haraki Bay Hotel at the beginning of September

6 Answers Jul 22, 2011 at 4:29 AM
    • travelling in and around rhodes town

by seref Online Now Jun 23, 2011 at 2:01 AM

Hi every body,

Next month we'll be visiting Rhodes for two days.So friends who visited Rhodes recommended me to give a visit tp Lindos.Do I have to visit Lindos during my stay in Rhodes or do we have to spent our time in Rhodes Town or in another village apart from Lindos? If we have to go to Lindos what must be the travelling method. Is it comfortable to travel by puclic buses (how long does it take from old town to Lİndos?) or do we have to rent a car?

Thanks to all of you.

Seref

2 Answers Dec 2, 2011 at 9:00 AM
    • Vote for the best beach in Rhodes !!!!

by luckybelgium Online Now Apr 28, 2011 at 1:57 PM

Hello,

We will be in Rhodes in June for a week so my husband and I are considering to spend 3 nights at a hotel along the most beautiful beach in Rhodes. We would like to be in a relex place and stay on the beach for the whole days. We love a sandy and soft beach and shallow water as I am not good at in swimming.

I am reading many comments about beaches and most of them recommended :
      Tsambika, Kiotari, Lindos, Pefkos, Kalathos, Stegna, Afantou,...

At the moment I can't make up my mind because, on photos, all of them look quite the same.

I would like you to vote for the best beach (and if possible recommended hotels) which is the most suitable for us.

Thanks all for your vote!!!!

2 Answers May 10, 2011 at 4:28 AM
    • Mitsis La Vita Hotel

by luckybelgium Online Now Apr 25, 2011 at 12:14 PM

Has anyone stayed in Mitsis La Vita Hotel?

The hotel offers half board at a very competitive price (breakfast + dinner at Mitsis Grand hotel).

I would like to know are soft drinks (such as water, coca cola, or juices) included during dinner?

Thanks in advance to your reply!

6 Answers May 5, 2011 at 11:15 AM
    • Accommodation : Full Board or Half Board ?

by luckybelgium Online Now Apr 22, 2011 at 11:32 AM

Dear all,

I have just bought tickets to Rhodes for mid June. I am now searching for a place to stay for a week there. Has someone been to Rhodes and would like to recommend hotels or beaches where is nice to stay?

- Should I book only a room ? or Is it better with full board or half board?
      - How much does it cost for a lunch or dinner at the normal local restaurant?
      - Which beach is most beutiful and nice to stay ?
      - If you'd like to suggest name of hotels / booking's websites, I would really appreciate for your kindness.

I wish everyone a nice long weekend of Easter.

Cheers!

4 Answers Apr 25, 2011 at 12:11 PM