Rhode Island

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Opinions about the Linq?

Las Vegas Yesterday

We're planning a trip in late March 2015 and I'm looking for a mid strip place to stay. Stayed at Harrahs some years ago, and don't want to spend the $$$ for Caesar's, The Cromwell, etc. I read an article about how the Linq is much improved over the old Imperial Palace, so I'm interested in opinions from people who have stayed there.

more
    • dobrovod's Profile Photo

Cross Country Skiing, Family Friendly Activities

Banner Elk Yesterday

My family and I are planning to be in the Banner Elk, Boone or Asheville area for New Year's Eve and Day. Are there good cross country skiing trails in these areas, sledding or tubing? What other activities should we consider as a family?

Thank you.

more
    • MarieSoleil's Profile Photo

childcare in Colorado ski resorts?

Colorado Dec 8, 2014 at 11:21 AM

Need advice on a good skiing resort in Colorado with reasonable child care rates. I've looked at Beaver Creek and Keystone and Durango...if anyone knows please message me! Thanks

more
    • safe area TO LIVE

Nashville Dec 7, 2014 at 11:56 AM

moving to Nashville Tn end of Jan 2015 I SEE SEVERAL APTS CLOSE TO DOWNDOWN WHERE I WILL BE WORKING I AM HOPING NOT TO HAVE TO TAKE THE INTERSTATE CAN ANYONE RECCOMMEND ONE HOPEFULLY ONE WITH GARAGE

more
    • recommendations please

Steamboat Springs Dec 6, 2014 at 8:00 AM

I am going to Steamboat the 2nd week in January and will need to rent skis, boots, poles and helmet. I know if I want convenience I should stick to the mountain, but it's usually more expensive. Maybe not??? Would appreciate some recommendations, as well as some suggestions for restaurants. Also, which is better for transportation from Hayden airport to Steamboat- Alipine vs. Storm Mountain?
      thank you,
      Susan

more
    • Need fun activities!

Plano Nov 25, 2014 at 11:39 AM

Traveling 02/15/15 to the Woga Meet. Is there a gun range that is open to the public? Mom, Dad, and 10yr old boy. Need suggestions on fun things to do and what to wear (weather wise)!

more
    • Eitan.R's Profile Photo

Camping in The Islands

Hawaii (State of) 9 hours ago

I wonder how the campgrounds in the islands are. I'm planning a campervan trip (more than a year from now) and trying to figure out the best way to enjoy that beautiful state.

more
    • Winter Activities

Wenatchee Yesterday

Hi,

In lieu of skiing at Mission ridge if there's not enough snow what should we do with our 8 yr old daughter in December?

more
    • Whale watching

Maui Yesterday

I'm going to Maui with my family (5 adults) next week. Someone had suggested going whale watching with the Pacific Whale Foundation. I've looked on their website, and they seem to offer a multitude of packages to do the same thing (so it seems).

Any suggestions or experiences with these whale watching tours? They seem like a fun family activity for a reasonable price.

I think the rafting option is a no-go, as my mom can't swim and will be scared to death. She'll want the stability of a boat.

Thanks in advance!

more
    • Moving To Atlanta

Atlanta Dec 15, 2014 at 11:15 PM

Is Murdock Rd area a good place for a family? I searched Google for fairy nice areas to live in, and this one was recommended.

more
    • dlandt's Profile Photo

Good things for kids in KC?

Kansas City Dec 13, 2014 at 6:38 AM

I'm considering taking my nine year old daughter to KC along with another friend who has a daughter the same age. I've browsed some web articles about children's activities in KC and haven't found them all that enlightening so I thought I would ask the VT community where we can take two little girls. We plan to be there between Christmas and New Year's and spend 2-3 days in the city.

And thanks to all the VTers who have put out their favorite BBQ joints! o need to ask about that one again!

more
    • Are there any Taxis or buses that goes to Angola Louisiana State Penitentiary?

Baton Rouge Dec 11, 2014 at 10:00 PM

Do you have Taxis or buses that goes to and from Louisiana State Penitentiary in Angola? Thank you so much!

more
    • nancy531's Profile Photo

Best private party room?

Rehoboth Beach Dec 9, 2014 at 10:00 PM

I'm looking for advice for banquet rooms/private dining rooms in restaurants in Rehoboth Beach. We will be celebrating with around 25 people and we want good food and a private room in town (not rt 1). Let me know your thoughts! Nancy

more
    • Orlando check in center

Orlando Nov 27, 2014 at 8:13 AM

Hi I am flying in to orlando on Sunday 21st December and have to get my keys from a check in center at 8701west Bronson memorial highway but according to all I can find the centre does not open on a Sunday! Any help appreciated.

more
    • MarieSoleil's Profile Photo

lanai golf courses

Lanai Nov 26, 2014 at 9:26 AM

Where's the best place to play golf in Lanai?

more
    • I'm in search of west side long term stay hotel in NYC ?

New York State Nov 26, 2014 at 1:32 AM

I need Advice on finding good hotel under $300 a night with breakfast.

more
    • DJStarr's Profile Photo

Thanksgiving Orphans! Anyone fun who'd like to join me at a show on Nov. 26th?

Las Vegas Nov 24, 2014 at 10:25 PM

Hi,
      I won a pair of tickets to Tony n Tina's Wedding dinner show - am in town this week and would like to go on Wed. Nov. 26th - anyone care to join me? The drinks are on you, I've got your ticket!
      Donna

more
    • Hotel Opinion

Wichita Nov 24, 2014 at 1:06 PM

What is your opinion on Hotel at Old Town ?

more
    • Help -- Need a Ride!

Sonoma Nov 20, 2014 at 11:55 AM

From Sonoma to SFO on Thanksgiving evening, does anyone have any ride recommendations?

more
    • Help -- Need a Ride!

Sonoma Nov 20, 2014 at 11:54 AM

From Sonoma to SFO on Thanksgiving evening, does anyone have any ride recommendations?

more
    • Annual L.A. County Holiday Celebration – Wednesday, December 24, 2014, 3:00 - 6:00 p.m.

Los Angeles 19 hours ago

1) How early should we be there to get in the line?

2) the info webpage musiccenter.org/tickets/Cale... states the "Parking under The Music Center is free". However, the Music Center website ->Plan Your Visit ->Parking lists all parking options including rates, NOT free. Can someone tell me is the free parking is just for the County Holiday Celebration? If so,

3) How to enter "Parking under the The Music Center" Also, we are visiting LA Dec.22-26, is this event worth our time? Thanks.

more
    • chain info

Wrightwood Yesterday

Me And My Family Want To Go Up This Weekend Just To Play In The Snow. Not Ski Or Anything. Will We Need Any Chains? We'll Be Coming From Hesperia And Los Angeles

more
    • From BUF Airport to Niagara-on-the-Lake is a Canadian town located in Southern Ontario

Buffalo Dec 15, 2014 at 4:14 AM

Hi everyone, I have always wanted to visit Niagara-on-the-Lake is a Canadian town located in Southern Ontario and I guess the day has come now....I know it kinda cold right now this time of winter and thinking to travel when springs comes or summer time. My question is which season are pretty good to visit the Niagara-on-the-Lake....I hope this will be answered by the person who lives there or the person who had seen both season and had good experience. My second question is since I will be coming via a plane to Buffalo Airport and from there I had to take some sort of transportation. Is there any reliable cheaper transportation that takes me straight to the lake? I made a little research and found this website http://buffaloexpresstaxi.com/ claiming that they will provide a sightseeing tour without no waiting charge it sounds pretty good to me but just want to make sure if I have another option. Thank you so much for your relevant information and time.

more
    • John195123's Profile Photo

Local Eateries

Socorro Dec 11, 2014 at 10:57 PM

Hi,

I'm going to be in Socorro for a few days and I just wanted to find the best places to eat. I know that's a vague question, but, from a local's perspective, what's the place you go to (or would go to) as often as possible?

Thanks!

more
    • gapiffy's Profile Photo

itinerary ideas south usa

Natchez Dec 11, 2014 at 8:36 PM

we are a family of 6 from australia doing a road trip from LA to new york in late jan /feb.Happy with anyones input into any of it !! we will be going south from frisco texas and onto savannah georgia,then charleston up to washington and new york.We have sixteen nights to fly out of new york and back onto home.thinking 5 nights in new york,3 in washington ,2 in charleston and 2 in savannah.that gives us 4 nights in transit from frisco to savannah.we were thinking new orleans would be cool,but now i am thinking maybe something else for times sake.maybe natchez and montgomery? we enjoy old time stuff,great scenery, charming houses and towns,some deep south experience would be good.How does the trip look to you?are our allocated nights okay or a bit wacky?Thinking we will drop off car at arrival to washington and catch train to new york( or leave it in charleston and catch train to washington?).thanks heaps you guys!!!

more
    • Places to walk by the water

Woonsocket Aug 31, 2014 at 8:01 PM

Are there any local beaches, ponds, or just areas to walk by the water in the town of Woonsocket, or close proximity?

1 Answer Sep 4, 2014 at 7:43 AM
    • Trying to create a Block Island Scavenger Hunt for my boyfriend's birthday.

Block Island Jun 28, 2014 at 12:05 PM

I am trying to create a block island scavenger hunt for my boyfriends birthday but cant seem to find a local willing to help me out. Any suggestions?

1 Answer Jun 28, 2014 at 3:36 PM
    • Question about outdoor seating in restaurants

Woonsocket May 7, 2014 at 5:25 PM

Hi,

I want to know if there is outdoor seating in this restaurant?
      Gerry's Cafe Mania restaurant (339 Arnold Street)

Also, want to know if New York Lunch (1 Main Street) is primarily
      a dine-in restaurant or a take-out place. (And it doesn't look
      like they have any outdoor seating at this place anyway).

Thanks,

--Sira Sudhindranath.

4 Answers May 8, 2014 at 4:41 PM
    • Added "Things to Do" but it did not appear!

Woonsocket Apr 23, 2014 at 6:06 PM

I added an entry for "Things to Do" for Woonsocket some minutes ago but it hasn't appeared in the list yet (which still has the 5 that were there before).

Why? Does my entry have to go through a moderator before appearing on the page?

3 Answers Apr 23, 2014 at 10:13 PM
    • klmousseau's Profile Photo

FAMILY ACTIVITIES AND TRIPS

Providence Feb 24, 2014 at 5:22 PM

I'll be in Providence in mid-March 2014 w/ a 10month old baby and 4 year old. We've been to the kid's museum, RW zoo and carousel....are there other fun places for us to visit in Providence or environs? If the weather is nice we'd like to visit outdoor places too.
      Thank you!

3 Answers Feb 27, 2014 at 5:24 AM
    • Mopeds at airport?

Block Island Aug 10, 2013 at 11:29 AM

Is there some place near the block island airport to rent mopeds or do we need to take taxi over to ferry area?

• flukes bar wine and kitchen

Newport Aug 1, 2013 at 3:13 PM

Hello newport experts. Has any one gone to flukes? It got great reviews on another traver site, but not on this one. I was interested in trying the place. Thanks for feedback.

1 Answer Aug 4, 2013 at 4:40 AM
    • newport wine and food festival

Newport Aug 1, 2013 at 2:46 PM

I am visiting newport area in september and am wondering if the food and wine festival is worth seeking out. Can anyone who has gone to it give me some reviews please.

1 Answer Aug 4, 2013 at 4:38 AM
    • Last minute place to stay

Block Island Jul 16, 2013 at 1:39 PM

Do you know where I might find accommodations for 3 starting 7/17- 7/19?

• Parking fee and Tolls for Newport Beach

Rhode Island Jul 3, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Hello,

I am from Massachusetts and we are planning to travel to Newport beach this Sunday. Have a couple of questions --

1) How much the parking (weekend) in NEwport beach area . Some websites say $20, some says $28 .. confusing

2) I heard there is a new toll when travelling to Newport . Has that started ?

3) How is the parking availability on Sunday morning (around 11 AM) ?

4) We are a group of about 6 families and planning for a picnic . Which beach would you suggest ? (This should have been the first question :) )

2 Answers Jul 10, 2013 at 12:52 PM
    • old post office

Bristol Jul 2, 2013 at 10:59 AM

hello my name is meghan an my boss was looking to find an old picture of the bristol post office from the 1970's i know it is not in the same location as the post office is in now, could you help me find a picture or help me locate where to look it up, it would be greatly appriciated thank you!

14 Answers Jul 4, 2013 at 2:50 PM
    • MatthewZ's Profile Photo

Does the Trolley take me from Gateway to Lower Thames St on a scheduled basis?

Newport Jan 12, 2013 at 11:44 AM

I will be working weekends on lower Thames St...If i take Bus 60 to Gateway Center and arrive around 6pm will a trolley take me doodr to door before 730pm?

On Monday mornings how early does that trolley pass by 500-600 Thames St to take me back to Gateway Center?

• I need help on a poster

Block Island Nov 2, 2012 at 12:41 PM

I need help finding cool facts about Block Island and pictures. can you help me find a website or tell me some?

3 Answers Nov 2, 2012 at 1:28 PM
    • wroclawiak's Profile Photo

I am looking for something special in Providence.

Providence Sep 15, 2012 at 3:02 AM

Hi there

I live in a town called Wroclaw in Poland. I've found something what could be common to our cities. We have a fountain called "Bear Fountain", that was made by a German sculpor Moritz Geyger in 1904. Wroclaw was German and its name was Breslau at that time. Geyger made a copy of the Bear and the copy should be now somewhere in the Brown University in Providence. The Bear sculpture in Providence has a label where you can probably read that the sculpture was made by Geyger and it is a copy of Breslau Bear or something like that.
      If you have time could you check it for me. Thank you.

Please read my review about it too:
      "RYNEK - Bear Fountain" - The Main Square - Rynek Tip by wroclawiak.

2 Answers Sep 15, 2012 at 8:13 AM
    • thejumpingcorw's Profile Photo

Folk Festival July

Newport Apr 4, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Hello. I'm looking at going to to the folk festival in July and I'm looking for a cheap place to stay. The hostel is still expensive for a dorm bed at109 - pretty steep for a hostel but I guess it is the weekend festival so they can charge whatever they want.

Looking into flying into Providence. Can I get a shuttle/bus from there to Newport from the airport?

Thanks!

1 Answer Apr 4, 2012 at 7:15 PM
    • Best beaches

Rhode Island Jul 19, 2011 at 4:58 PM

Hey folks,

Wondering if anyone knows of a good beach town(s) in Rhode Island. Preferably something with some shopping and a bit of a nightlife. If this is asking too much, just a good beach in general will suffice. Thanks in advance.

1 Answer Sep 14, 2012 at 1:28 PM
    • Water Quality

Block Island Jul 13, 2011 at 7:23 AM

I know this is an unusual question....Does the water taste good in Block Island? I am not sure if I should bring something like a Brita pitcher. Thanks for any input.

2 Answers Jul 13, 2011 at 2:57 PM
    • Trolley Pass - week long?

Newport Nov 2, 2010 at 9:10 AM

Hello - I will be in Newport for 9 days. Is a week-long trolley pass available to purchase?

Also, I would like to know how late the trolley runs in Newport.
      I am planning to see the Nutcracker at Rosecliff Mansion at 4 pm on a Friday.
      It is a 2 hour performance. I would like to take it back and forth from the Visitors Center.
      Is this possible?

Thank you!

2 Answers Nov 4, 2010 at 6:59 AM
    • After Work (5:00 - 7:00pm) cocktails/music

Rhode Island Sep 22, 2010 at 9:56 PM

Where can we go after work to hear some live music (guitar/piano) while having a couple of cocktails ? Preference is Providence metro area, but we could drive a bit. Thanks !

2 Answers Sep 24, 2010 at 8:59 PM
    • Looking for to sleep on a beach of Block Island

Block Island Jul 5, 2010 at 2:13 PM

Really, looking for a spot to sleep wildly on a beach into my sleeping bag, to enjoy a night under stars. Have I any chances to find such spot on Block Island ? Any camping site ?( not a hotel) . Does it has any not private land ? By the way, can I fish over there for free with my NY residency ?
      carteocean@yahoo.com

2 Answers Jul 5, 2010 at 7:38 PM
    • robotman's Profile Photo

Newport or Mystic?

Rhode Island Jun 2, 2010 at 6:46 PM

Hi,

We have a single June day for sightseeing, starting out our day In Warwick, Rhode Island.
      Would you recommend Newport, Rhode Island or Mystic, Connecticut?
      We know that Newport has many beautiful 19th century mansions and a quaint downtown area. We also have read about Mystic's Seaport, its ships, and its relocated historic buildings.
      Which place in your opinion is a better use of our sightseeing day and will be more memorable? Why?

Thanks,
      Ken

4 Answers Jun 20, 2010 at 6:40 PM
    • tathraman's Profile Photo

LONG WHARF

Newport Apr 3, 2010 at 6:59 PM

Could someone please advise me if this is where cruise ships land their passengers?
      Thanks in advance
      David

• Adrianobr's Profile Photo

Newport or Providence

Rhode Island Aug 29, 2009 at 12:48 PM

I'm planning to go from Boston to NYC next January. I have only one day to visit Rhode Island with my family. Where is the best place to stay? Newport or Providence?

6 Answers Jan 29, 2012 at 6:03 AM
    • beebee9's Profile Photo

Beaches in Newport

Newport Aug 24, 2009 at 9:19 AM

Can you recomend good beaches in Newport RI - tanning and swimming?

1 Answer Jul 17, 2010 at 12:23 PM
    • Cruise Ship Port

Newport Aug 3, 2009 at 10:24 PM

How far is it from the port (Princess Cruise Ship) to where you can get the trolley?

• Nightlife

Westerly Jul 16, 2009 at 6:46 PM

What are some of the names of bars or clubs in westerly? any recommendations?

1 Answer Jul 16, 2009 at 7:37 PM
    • Cape Cod

Rhode Island Jul 3, 2009 at 6:35 PM

Hello, We are planning to visit Cape Cod (a day trip from Boston). Can someone guide us to the best sea beach. We like sea shore where you feel the waves and wind.
      Information about other places of interest too will be very much appreciated.

2 Answers Jul 5, 2009 at 6:07 PM
    • davhu1's Profile Photo

Seafood market for lobster

Newport Mar 31, 2009 at 12:36 PM

Can anyone recommend a good seafood place to purchase live lobster?

1 Answer Mar 31, 2009 at 3:01 PM
    • RFS1947's Profile Photo

Geting around

Rhode Island Feb 7, 2009 at 11:06 PM

Hi

I am traveling from NYC to Providence and then Boston. I was planning to use Amtrak, but having never been to Providence or Boston, I'm not sure how easy it is to get around either one without a car. How good is the public transport in Providence? Also, what should I try to see if I am in Providence for only 2 or 3 days?
      Thanks

3 Answers Jul 24, 2009 at 1:38 AM
    • Resturents and sightseeing

Rhode Island Jan 28, 2009 at 2:03 PM

Hi All,

I'll be in Providence, RI for couple of days on official business, so I can do sight seen only after about 4 or 5PM. Also I don't have a car, so I would need places that are accessible by public transportation.

1. What are some good sight seen places?
      2. I would like to try some good local restaurants for dinner. specially the following
      - place for clam chowder
      - place for lobster
      - another place for sushi
      - anything else that you recommend?

2. I have on half day free on one day and planning to hop on the train and go to Boston. so recommendations from Boston are also welcome.

Thanks.

1 Answer Mar 15, 2009 at 5:22 PM