Travel Answers
Rhode Island

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Trying to create a Block Island Scavenger Hunt for my boyfriend's birthday.

Block Island Jun 28, 2014 at 12:05 PM

I am trying to create a block island scavenger hunt for my boyfriends birthday but cant seem to find a local willing to help me out. Any suggestions?

1 Answer Jun 28, 2014 at 3:36 PM
    • Question about outdoor seating in restaurants

Woonsocket May 7, 2014 at 5:25 PM

Hi,

I want to know if there is outdoor seating in this restaurant?
      Gerry's Cafe Mania restaurant (339 Arnold Street)

Also, want to know if New York Lunch (1 Main Street) is primarily
      a dine-in restaurant or a take-out place. (And it doesn't look
      like they have any outdoor seating at this place anyway).

Thanks,

--Sira Sudhindranath.

4 Answers May 8, 2014 at 4:41 PM
    • Added "Things to Do" but it did not appear!

Woonsocket Apr 23, 2014 at 6:06 PM

I added an entry for "Things to Do" for Woonsocket some minutes ago but it hasn't appeared in the list yet (which still has the 5 that were there before).

Why? Does my entry have to go through a moderator before appearing on the page?

3 Answers Apr 23, 2014 at 10:13 PM
    • klmousseau's Profile Photo

FAMILY ACTIVITIES AND TRIPS

Providence Feb 24, 2014 at 5:22 PM

I'll be in Providence in mid-March 2014 w/ a 10month old baby and 4 year old. We've been to the kid's museum, RW zoo and carousel....are there other fun places for us to visit in Providence or environs? If the weather is nice we'd like to visit outdoor places too.
      Thank you!

3 Answers Feb 27, 2014 at 5:24 AM
    • Mopeds at airport?

Block Island Aug 10, 2013 at 11:29 AM

Is there some place near the block island airport to rent mopeds or do we need to take taxi over to ferry area?

• flukes bar wine and kitchen

Newport Aug 1, 2013 at 3:13 PM

Hello newport experts. Has any one gone to flukes? It got great reviews on another traver site, but not on this one. I was interested in trying the place. Thanks for feedback.

1 Answer Aug 4, 2013 at 4:40 AM
    • newport wine and food festival

Newport Aug 1, 2013 at 2:46 PM

I am visiting newport area in september and am wondering if the food and wine festival is worth seeking out. Can anyone who has gone to it give me some reviews please.

1 Answer Aug 4, 2013 at 4:38 AM
    • Last minute place to stay

Block Island Jul 16, 2013 at 1:39 PM

Do you know where I might find accommodations for 3 starting 7/17- 7/19?

• Parking fee and Tolls for Newport Beach

Rhode Island Jul 3, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Hello,

I am from Massachusetts and we are planning to travel to Newport beach this Sunday. Have a couple of questions --

1) How much the parking (weekend) in NEwport beach area . Some websites say $20, some says $28 .. confusing

2) I heard there is a new toll when travelling to Newport . Has that started ?

3) How is the parking availability on Sunday morning (around 11 AM) ?

4) We are a group of about 6 families and planning for a picnic . Which beach would you suggest ? (This should have been the first question :) )

2 Answers Jul 10, 2013 at 12:52 PM
    • old post office

Bristol Jul 2, 2013 at 10:59 AM

hello my name is meghan an my boss was looking to find an old picture of the bristol post office from the 1970's i know it is not in the same location as the post office is in now, could you help me find a picture or help me locate where to look it up, it would be greatly appriciated thank you!

14 Answers Jul 4, 2013 at 2:50 PM
    • MatthewZ's Profile Photo

Does the Trolley take me from Gateway to Lower Thames St on a scheduled basis?

Newport Jan 12, 2013 at 11:44 AM

I will be working weekends on lower Thames St...If i take Bus 60 to Gateway Center and arrive around 6pm will a trolley take me doodr to door before 730pm?

On Monday mornings how early does that trolley pass by 500-600 Thames St to take me back to Gateway Center?

• I need help on a poster

Block Island Nov 2, 2012 at 12:41 PM

I need help finding cool facts about Block Island and pictures. can you help me find a website or tell me some?

3 Answers Nov 2, 2012 at 1:28 PM
    • wroclawiak's Profile Photo

I am looking for something special in Providence.

Providence Sep 15, 2012 at 3:02 AM

Hi there

I live in a town called Wroclaw in Poland. I've found something what could be common to our cities. We have a fountain called "Bear Fountain", that was made by a German sculpor Moritz Geyger in 1904. Wroclaw was German and its name was Breslau at that time. Geyger made a copy of the Bear and the copy should be now somewhere in the Brown University in Providence. The Bear sculpture in Providence has a label where you can probably read that the sculpture was made by Geyger and it is a copy of Breslau Bear or something like that.
      If you have time could you check it for me. Thank you.

Please read my review about it too:
      "RYNEK - Bear Fountain" - The Main Square - Rynek Tip by wroclawiak.

2 Answers Sep 15, 2012 at 8:13 AM
    • thejumpingcorw's Profile Photo

Folk Festival July

Newport Apr 4, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Hello. I'm looking at going to to the folk festival in July and I'm looking for a cheap place to stay. The hostel is still expensive for a dorm bed at109 - pretty steep for a hostel but I guess it is the weekend festival so they can charge whatever they want.

Looking into flying into Providence. Can I get a shuttle/bus from there to Newport from the airport?

Thanks!

1 Answer Apr 4, 2012 at 7:15 PM
    • Best beaches

Rhode Island Jul 19, 2011 at 4:58 PM

Hey folks,

Wondering if anyone knows of a good beach town(s) in Rhode Island. Preferably something with some shopping and a bit of a nightlife. If this is asking too much, just a good beach in general will suffice. Thanks in advance.

1 Answer Sep 14, 2012 at 1:28 PM
    • Water Quality

Block Island Jul 13, 2011 at 7:23 AM

I know this is an unusual question....Does the water taste good in Block Island? I am not sure if I should bring something like a Brita pitcher. Thanks for any input.

2 Answers Jul 13, 2011 at 2:57 PM
    • Trolley Pass - week long?

Newport Nov 2, 2010 at 9:10 AM

Hello - I will be in Newport for 9 days. Is a week-long trolley pass available to purchase?

Also, I would like to know how late the trolley runs in Newport.
      I am planning to see the Nutcracker at Rosecliff Mansion at 4 pm on a Friday.
      It is a 2 hour performance. I would like to take it back and forth from the Visitors Center.
      Is this possible?

Thank you!

2 Answers Nov 4, 2010 at 6:59 AM
    • After Work (5:00 - 7:00pm) cocktails/music

Rhode Island Sep 22, 2010 at 9:56 PM

Where can we go after work to hear some live music (guitar/piano) while having a couple of cocktails ? Preference is Providence metro area, but we could drive a bit. Thanks !

2 Answers Sep 24, 2010 at 8:59 PM
    • Looking for to sleep on a beach of Block Island

Block Island Jul 5, 2010 at 2:13 PM

Really, looking for a spot to sleep wildly on a beach into my sleeping bag, to enjoy a night under stars. Have I any chances to find such spot on Block Island ? Any camping site ?( not a hotel) . Does it has any not private land ? By the way, can I fish over there for free with my NY residency ?
      carteocean@yahoo.com

2 Answers Jul 5, 2010 at 7:38 PM
    • robotman's Profile Photo

Newport or Mystic?

Rhode Island Jun 2, 2010 at 6:46 PM

Hi,

We have a single June day for sightseeing, starting out our day In Warwick, Rhode Island.
      Would you recommend Newport, Rhode Island or Mystic, Connecticut?
      We know that Newport has many beautiful 19th century mansions and a quaint downtown area. We also have read about Mystic's Seaport, its ships, and its relocated historic buildings.
      Which place in your opinion is a better use of our sightseeing day and will be more memorable? Why?

Thanks,
      Ken

4 Answers Jun 20, 2010 at 6:40 PM
    • tathraman's Profile Photo

LONG WHARF

Newport Apr 3, 2010 at 6:59 PM

Could someone please advise me if this is where cruise ships land their passengers?
      Thanks in advance
      David

• Adrianobr's Profile Photo

Newport or Providence

Rhode Island Aug 29, 2009 at 12:48 PM

I'm planning to go from Boston to NYC next January. I have only one day to visit Rhode Island with my family. Where is the best place to stay? Newport or Providence?

6 Answers Jan 29, 2012 at 6:03 AM
    • beebee9's Profile Photo

Beaches in Newport

Newport Aug 24, 2009 at 9:19 AM

Can you recomend good beaches in Newport RI - tanning and swimming?

1 Answer Jul 17, 2010 at 12:23 PM
    • Cruise Ship Port

Newport Aug 3, 2009 at 10:24 PM

How far is it from the port (Princess Cruise Ship) to where you can get the trolley?

• Nightlife

Westerly Jul 16, 2009 at 6:46 PM

What are some of the names of bars or clubs in westerly? any recommendations?

1 Answer Jul 16, 2009 at 7:37 PM
    • Cape Cod

Rhode Island Jul 3, 2009 at 6:35 PM

Hello, We are planning to visit Cape Cod (a day trip from Boston). Can someone guide us to the best sea beach. We like sea shore where you feel the waves and wind.
      Information about other places of interest too will be very much appreciated.

2 Answers Jul 5, 2009 at 6:07 PM
    • davhu1's Profile Photo

Seafood market for lobster

Newport Mar 31, 2009 at 12:36 PM

Can anyone recommend a good seafood place to purchase live lobster?

1 Answer Mar 31, 2009 at 3:01 PM
    • RFS1947's Profile Photo

Geting around

Rhode Island Feb 7, 2009 at 11:06 PM

Hi

I am traveling from NYC to Providence and then Boston. I was planning to use Amtrak, but having never been to Providence or Boston, I'm not sure how easy it is to get around either one without a car. How good is the public transport in Providence? Also, what should I try to see if I am in Providence for only 2 or 3 days?
      Thanks

3 Answers Jul 24, 2009 at 1:38 AM
    • Resturents and sightseeing

Rhode Island Jan 28, 2009 at 2:03 PM

Hi All,

I'll be in Providence, RI for couple of days on official business, so I can do sight seen only after about 4 or 5PM. Also I don't have a car, so I would need places that are accessible by public transportation.

1. What are some good sight seen places?
      2. I would like to try some good local restaurants for dinner. specially the following
      - place for clam chowder
      - place for lobster
      - another place for sushi
      - anything else that you recommend?

2. I have on half day free on one day and planning to hop on the train and go to Boston. so recommendations from Boston are also welcome.

Thanks.

1 Answer Mar 15, 2009 at 5:22 PM
    • Parking in Providence

Providence Aug 14, 2008 at 5:43 PM

Hi,

I'm staying in a hotel on the outskirts of Providence. I would like to explore the city on foot and by taking trolleys. Where would be the best place for me to park downtown?

Thank you.

Arthur

2 Answers Aug 26, 2008 at 2:08 PM