change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Near Reykjavík

• Statue of man outside bar

by 3121Matt Online Now Apr 11, 2014 at 2:36 AM

I was wanting to know what the statue of the man with his head down is outside of the Geysir bar and Tapas is about. Thanks!!!

2 Answers Yesterday
    • spending 3 nights in Reykjavik

by aimeet88 Online Now Mar 20, 2014 at 7:26 AM

WHat to do on a Sunday and Monday

3 Answers Mar 20, 2014 at 8:37 AM
    • Soup restaurant

by epogrund Online Now Mar 7, 2014 at 11:46 AM

Where is the soup and bread restaurant that advertises 800 isk for soup in reykjavik?

2 Answers Mar 7, 2014 at 1:17 PM
    • Bike Rack Hire

by adamramsay93 Online Now Feb 25, 2014 at 4:06 AM

Hi,

A group of us are going to ride mountain bikes in Iceland at the beginning of June and would like to know where the best place to rent a bike rack is? We are hiring vehicles for the trip.

Thanks

1 Answer Feb 25, 2014 at 9:40 AM
    • Tips/Advice For Visiting?

by L4UR3_N Online Now Feb 1, 2014 at 10:49 AM

Hi all,
      We are visiting as a family in a few weeks (17,20,23 + mum and dad)
      We are staying in Hafnarfjordur for 4 nights. We are doing the Blue Lagoon, Golden Circle and Northern Lights tours.

Does anyone know how much the bus is from Hafnarfjordur to Reykjavik?
      Random question: Is it walkers or lays crisps?

Any must visit places in Reykjavik or Hafnarfjordur?
      We are keen bird watchers and photographers so any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance
      Lauren

4 Answers Feb 2, 2014 at 3:49 AM
    • ls27716's Profile Photo

I am thinking to do an erasmus of 1 year at Reykjavik University.

by ls27716 Online Now Jan 13, 2014 at 6:19 AM

Hello, I need to find a place to stay Iceland for a year. I do not need much (unfurnished room, toilet, shower). Price I would like to pay no more than 1000€ per month (so approximately 150000 ISK). Proximity to Reykjavik
      Thanks in advance for your time.

2 Answers Jan 14, 2014 at 7:26 AM
    • Questions on where to stay and what to do

by tigermoth1 Online Now Jan 12, 2014 at 6:55 AM

Hello Icelanders and travellers!

My family is travelling to Iceland towards the end of March. There will be 5 - 7 adults. We have two half days and two full days.

We'd all like very much to see the northern lights, but there are just so many other things to do that we're having a little trouble planning even the most basic things.

Big question 1: Where to stay? We can't decide between staying in Reykjavik and travelling out at night for the northern lights, or staying 45 - 60 minutes away and (fingers crossed) watching the northern lights from a jacuzzi in the back yard. We definitely want to do the Golden Circle and eat some delicious food, and we definitely want to see Reykjavik. Whichever place, we'll probably be renting an apartment or house through AirBnB rather than hotel.

Big question 2: On one of our full days, we have two special birthdays, 30 and 70. (She's a very active 70). I'd like to arrange something special for these two women, both of whom will have traveled long distances for this trip. I'm thinking helicopter ride (but to where?) followed by dinner at Fridrik V. But very open to recommendations. If you had two special, lovely, hard-working women with important birthdays, and you wanted to arrange something memorable for them, what would you do?

Smaller question 1: Tour of the Golden Circle or rent a 4x4? None of us have recent experience driving in snow, and one of us has difficulty walking long distances. But we also would tend to prefer setting our own pace. Just can't decide...

Smaller question 2: General recommendations for a group that loves music, art, culture, good food? We're not big on drinking, and most of the group isn't into rigorous outdoors activity.

Thank you for your help!

4 Answers Jan 14, 2014 at 3:34 AM
    • Would appreciate some advice from an experienced traveler...

by jlosman Online Now Jan 10, 2014 at 11:21 AM

We will be in Reykjavik for one week at the end of the month, and I have a few random questions:

We booked the Best Western, which is about 1.5 km southeast from the harbor. We're not into the late-night bar scene but we want to be in easy walking distance from some sights, fun bars and good restaurants. Is the Best Western a good choice?

I'm looking into the Golden Circle tours which all seem to be about 8-10 hours long. How does that work as it's only daylight for 5 hours? How much time is actually spent in the car?

Is the Blue Lagoon still fun and worth it if you don't take a dip?

We arrive at 6:30 am, what-to-do what-to-do until check-in? I assume we'll bundle up when we arrive at KEF, take the bus into town and then venture out and about.

The 3-day city/bus pass is $72, in a city that all seem to say is so walkable is it worth it for other benefits that it provides?

Thank you for any tips and the time you take to help us out!

Here's to getting to see the lights!

13 Answers Feb 9, 2014 at 9:56 PM
    • where to stay

by megwill Online Now Dec 30, 2013 at 7:44 PM

Should we stay near someplace in particular?

6 Answers Mar 7, 2014 at 8:46 AM
    • RickM37's Profile Photo

Holiday meals

by RickM37 Online Now Dec 12, 2013 at 7:01 PM

What are the best restaurants that are open on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day? Reservations?
      - Rick

3 Answers Dec 13, 2013 at 2:54 PM
    • Advent/Christmas music concerts in churches and halls in December

by RobLong Online Now Nov 18, 2013 at 5:12 PM

My son and I are visiting Reykjavik from 6 -12 December and would like to know if any churches will have Advent/Christmas music in concert or services during this time period.

2 Answers Nov 18, 2013 at 8:29 PM
    • Iceland in November

by Shells1970 Online Now Oct 22, 2013 at 10:32 AM

Hi ive arranged a 3 night suprise birthday trip to Iceland for my other half and me at end of November! Im starting to panic a bit about it now as everyone seems to say the weather is going to be awful and there will be nothing to do!! Or see if weather is bad!! Please help me start to look forward to it again!!

10 Answers Oct 23, 2013 at 4:49 AM
    • Tourist Tours

by Caski3 Online Now Oct 19, 2013 at 8:56 AM

what to so see and do and the end of November?What is your question?

2 Answers Oct 25, 2013 at 10:00 AM
    • Vacation in Reykjavik

by JulianT Online Now Oct 12, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Hi,

I'm Planning to visit Reykjavík somewhere between 17 December and 1st Jan for 4-5 days. And i'm wondering what is the weather going to be like and is it a good time for some northern light viewing?

19 Answers Oct 20, 2013 at 1:14 AM
    • Weekend Break

by spiritbarbie Online Now Oct 7, 2013 at 8:06 AM

Hi
      My partner and I are going for a long weekend to Reykjavik for my 30th towards the end of November, whats the weather like at this time of year?

3 Answers Oct 7, 2013 at 3:09 PM
    • Harrys Restaurant

by JaRoHo Online Now Oct 5, 2013 at 4:11 PM

Hello, Is Harry's Restaurant still open.
      Thanks
      Jackie Romero

2 Answers Oct 6, 2013 at 7:24 PM
    • what to do at night in reykjavik for over 50's ?

by LouiseConnolly Online Now Sep 26, 2013 at 4:54 AM

what to do at night in reykjavik for over 50's?

21 Answers Oct 18, 2013 at 4:35 AM
    • Toilets in Iceland

by yenbat Online Now Sep 24, 2013 at 5:46 AM

What public toilets are available in Reykyavik and on the Golden Circle tour ?

4 Answers Sep 24, 2013 at 11:39 AM
    • dharmabum222's Profile Photo

Weeknight activities

by dharmabum222 Online Now Sep 19, 2013 at 11:52 AM

I will be traveling back to Iceland in December and arrive on a Monday and return to home on Friday. Are there specific nights that restaurants are closed or close early in winter? We will be doing "northern lights" activities most nights but would also like to eat/drink out. Thanks for any feedback!

1 Answer Sep 19, 2013 at 12:24 PM
    • Reykjavik stay

by DRseattle Online Now Sep 5, 2013 at 12:47 PM

I am planning to stay in Reykjavik for 2 days in mid Oct. (16-18). Will it be already too cold for comfort? Also, can someone give me an interesting (but not too hectic) plan for the two days?

14 Answers Sep 8, 2013 at 2:27 AM
    • Where to stay

by Aider01 Online Now Aug 26, 2013 at 7:17 AM

Hi everyone, I found a guest house for rent that will hold out family of 5. I have been in contact with the owner. The listing is through airbnb. Has anyone used this service before? Alternately, can anyone offer any information on OK hotel, Thomsen apartments, CenterSpot Apartments, or Lighthouse Apartments?

Thanks

1 Answer Aug 26, 2013 at 7:52 AM
    • Travel time

by Aider01 Online Now Aug 14, 2013 at 6:29 PM

What is the drive time from Reykjavik to the Geyser? We are only in iceland for a day and there is so much to see. Is there any half day tours?

9 Answers Aug 15, 2013 at 4:34 AM
    • September Visit

by keiyin Online Now Jul 31, 2013 at 11:53 AM

Hi, I'm planning to visit Iceland for a week during Autumn, when trees change color. I'd also like to see northern lights. My questions are: when is the peak of Fall foliage near Reykjavik? How long is the day time in Autumn? Is it dark enough for lights to appear at night? Where do you suggest to take photos of Fall foliage and the lights? Is a mini car (Ford Ka or similar) sufficient enough to drive in national parks? Thanks in advance.

8 Answers Aug 8, 2013 at 9:42 AM
    • rent in Reykjavik

by Arthur-Lawrence Online Now Jul 23, 2013 at 6:07 PM

Hi, is anybody know if it's possible to rent an appartement in the city but for young people working here and for a correct months pricing not for a days prices?
      thank you.

2 Answers Jul 24, 2013 at 2:04 AM
    • Stephi87's Profile Photo

18.09.2013 Night out in Reykjavik

by Stephi87 Online Now Jul 23, 2013 at 9:01 AM

Hello, my name is Stephi, I am from Germany and I will visit Iceland for the first time this year. Is there any rock n roll girl (or guy), that would like to meet the above mentioned evening?Get out and eat or a drink and talk and see stuff.
      I am 26 years old and quite okay I guess :) I really would love to meet nice and interessting people! Looking forward to hear from you! :)

6 Answers Jul 23, 2013 at 12:31 PM
    • Cost of Taxi

by dcmckenzie Online Now Jul 10, 2013 at 3:52 PM

Can you tell me the approximate cost of taking a taxi from the Skarfabakki Cruise Terminal to Culture house? I'll be arriving on a cruise ship and want to see how expensive a taxi into the city will be. Thank you! Donna McKenzie

2 Answers Jul 23, 2013 at 7:12 AM
    • Money

by brendajtaylor Online Now Jul 4, 2013 at 11:39 AM

How much money should I exchange before coming to Iceland for a 10 hour layover? We plan to go to the Blue Lagoon. Do you have any other suggestions for places we could visit as well within the 10 hours?

Thank you,
      Brenda

5 Answers Jul 5, 2013 at 12:19 AM
    • Airport customs and timing

by hansonsy Online Now Jun 3, 2013 at 6:43 AM

I am flying into Iceland in August, my plane arrives at 730 am to KEF airport. I would like to take a Viator tour which leaves from Reykjavik at 900 am. Do you think realistically this is enough time to get through customs and into Reykjavik so that I can catch my tour? I understand there are no guarantees but just wondering what's realistic to expect. I am flying in from another European country (Sweden). Thanks so much!

10 Answers Jun 3, 2013 at 1:29 PM
    • FOOD PRICES

by DeepEmoticPhoria Online Now Apr 7, 2013 at 5:16 AM

Hi everyone!

I would appreciate some help from you! :) I see many of you visited Iceland or live there, to you're perfect to ask some questions.

You see, this summer I am going there to do EVS voluntary project in Reykjavik, for 1 year! The only thing that concerns me is the food. I have this diet recommended by my therapy - chinese traditional medicine, also similar to ayurvedic principles etc. That means I'm vegetarian (but sometimes I let myself eat fish, because well, I just like it!), I don't eat a lot of diary products (when I do, I watch with what I'm combining it with), eat a lot of different vegetables and fruits, cook only on coconut oil and sometimes also buy some special foods like: spices (big spice lover), quinoa, tapioca, pinenuts, goji berries ETC. Some main things, like a toothpaste, schampoo, face cream and body lotion, I also rather buy organic (certified).

I really can't imagine what are prices for this kind of food and products like. I'm going to self-cater there, don't intend to eat outside in restaurants. Yes I heard that Bonus is the cheapest, but why is it so cheaper then the other shops? Is it possible that the food is more artificial? I AM planning to have a low or normal budget, but still wish to buy good quality food, and if so - sometimes affording even the organic-one. Can anyone recommend me some good shops with special foods or organic veggies, that don't have such fancy prices, perhaps? Or can anyone give me some info about cold pressed coconut oil and extra virgin olive oil? Because I was thinking about bringing a few stuff with me, but the suitcase will be packed with other things, and I don't even know if people are allowed to do that. I mean if the prices are relevant to ours (here in Slovenia... since we all get quinoa or coconut oil from same countries), or not much higher than here, I will of course buy all when I arrive and won't bring food with me like an obsessed fool :).

I'm not picky, but I love to cook and love good food, and that is not neccesary to be expensive or fancy, just healthy and tasty.

Ooh, and where do they have best fish markets? :)

Uuh this is kinda long, I hope anyone reads it. But I'd be really really thankful if you did!

REGARDS FROM SLOVENIA, BY ANA

5 Answers Apr 7, 2013 at 12:57 PM
    • Renting versus shipping?

by belizeanbus Online Now Mar 15, 2013 at 10:11 AM

We're just beginning to brainstorm a trip to Iceland. We would like to spend a few weeks touring in a smallish camper or motorhome. I've poked around online and found the prices for this in the summer months to be pretty outrageous (US$350-400/day). For 2-3 weeks we would be looking at something like $8000 which seems a bit excessive.

So, the question is, does anyone have experience shipping a vehicle to Iceland? We are in California, but it would be easy enough to drive to New York, or some other East Coast port. We have our own small motorhome that I doubt would fit in a container. The other option would be a full-sized van converted for camping.

And, what about importing? I wonder if it is an option to buy a van here - ship it there - spend our time traveling - and then sell it (profit or not) - and come home empty handed.

Any advice would be wonderful.

(I should add that we are two adults and three small children...)

9 Answers Mar 25, 2013 at 10:34 AM