Reykjavík Travel Answers

change location
jonjones82's Profile Photo

Reykjavik meet up - 14th Feb - 19th Feb 2012??

by jonjones82 Online Now Jan 29, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Hi!

I'm travelling to Reykjavik and staying there five nights by myself from the 14th Feb to 19th Feb 2012. Have booked a tour to the Golden Circle on the 16th of Feb but wondering if there'll be any VT's around for a meet up? I'm quite easy going and would be good to have someone likeminded to meet up with and have a chat!

Let me know. I'm knew on this so will update my profile to give you more of an idea of who I am!

Jon

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • Regina1965's Profile Photo

Re: Reykjavik meet up - 14th Feb - 19th Feb 2012??

by Regina1965 Online Now Jan 31, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Welcome to VT, John. Have a look at my pages, I live in Reykjavik.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Reykjavik meet up - 14th Feb - 19th Feb 2012??

by Mathieu05 Online Now Mar 11, 2012 at 9:36 PM

Hi Jon,

Just came across your posting while looking for info for a possible 5 day visit to Iceland myself at the end of October. So how did your trip go ? Highlights ? Lowlights ? Would love to read a brief trip report if you can, and any tips or suggestions you may have.

Thanks in advance, and greetings from Canada,

Matt.

by Regina1965 Online Now Mar 12, 2012 at 2:35 AM

Matt, Jon hasn´t logged into VT since he posted this on January 29. But if you want to see what there is to do here in Iceland and Reykjavík have a look at my pages, I have hundreds of tips on what there is to do in my country. All the best.

by Mathieu05 Online Now Mar 18, 2012 at 10:14 AM

Hi Regina,

Thank you for your kind note.
    I've been very busy lately and haven't had a chance to look at your home page but I will soon.
    I'm hoping to get to Iceland in October and I'm sure I will have more questions as the time draws nearer, which I will post in a separate thread.
    I'm sure your home page will be very helpful !

I am looking forward to visiting your beautiful country !

Kind regards,

Matt.

by lukka Online Now Jun 19, 2012 at 4:57 AM

Hello Regina,

I intend to visit Iceland in August.
    - I'm looking for a good local restaurant in Reykjavik with good traditional icelandic food. Please not touristic! Where the locals go when you want to eat well?
    - And where serve up the best ice cream?
    - Which traditional food would you recommend to try?

Tnx so much for tips

by Regina1965 Online Now Jun 19, 2012 at 5:41 PM

Hi "Lukka" - it would be nice if you added where you are from and your name and a photo, so that I know with whom I am talking :)

The restaurants here are not tourist restaurants so you can pick any one of them, we Icelanders go to them all. If you look at my restaurant tips you can see some restaurants I recommend and where I have taken Virtualtourist members who visit Iceland. It all depends on what you are in the mood for eating. Look up my custom tips for traditional Icelandic food. There is one restaurant at the busterminal which is popular amongst Icelanders, you can find my tip on the busterminal under "transport" on my Reykjavík pages. And very popular is also Múlakaffi restaurant where you can find home-made kind of food.

It is too difficult to explain where you can find the best ice-cream, I have explained it in a thread here before, so just try ice-cream down-town.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Reykjavík