Reykjavík Travel Answers

change location
darrensunley's Profile Photo

Tours and food

by darrensunley Online Now Apr 12, 2009 at 12:54 PM

Hi,

I'm due to come to Reykjavik next week for the weekend and I have a few questions that I'd be grateful if someone could help me with please...

1) - I've seen that there are a number of companies doing the Golden Circle tour. Can anyone recommend a particular company over the others?? My obvious decision is going to be based somewhat on price once I arrive there, but I would actually be happier to pay not-the-cheapest option if one company's tour was better than the others.

2) - As we arrive late on Thursday and leave early evening on Sunday, then the only 2 full days I have are Friday and Saturday. The plan was going to be to take a look around Reykjavik on Friday and book the tour for Saturday - but I just wondered if the tours run everyday ?? And also if anyone can think of a reason to swap the activities around so that the tour is on the Friday instead ??

3) - As we've heard lots of scare stories about just how expensive Iceland is, then I was going to bring a snack for during the day on the Friday and just have a meal out in town on the evening. Can anyone tell me if there are any rules about bringing your own food into Iceland (i.e. like Australian customs for instance) ??

4) - Finally, can anyone recommend a good restaurant to eat in Reykjavik in order to maybe try some "local" food (but that does other stuff too - as my parents are much fussier eaters !!) ?? Also, what sort of price is an average beer in a pub in Reykjavik ??

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies...

Darren

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • gordonilla's Profile Photo

Re: Tours and food

by gordonilla Online Now May 16, 2009 at 6:24 AM

Food: I visited Iceland in March this year, and found it reasonably priced for food and eating out. Although I do live in Greater London which is quite expensive anyway, the prices in Iceland did not scare me and if anything surpised me. If you buy a Reykjavik card several good restaurants are listed and you can get 10% or so discount on the food (not the drinks though).

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Reykjavík