change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular Reunion Travel Answer Locations

• Hike from cilaos to Piton des neiges

Reunion Nov 11, 2014 at 1:03 AM

we have booked a trip to Reunion next year in June. Planned to do hike fron Cilaos to Piton des neiges staying at Gite refuge de la caverne Dufour overnight then think 1 1/2 hour to summit before descending.

Understand loose rocks underfoot in places. I am walking with a lady who is scared of heights and exposure ie steep drop off side of narrow path.
      Just wondered if you could give me some idea of the amount of exposure involved if any?
      Do you know of a good guide who could walk with us ? Does anyone have a contact number for Nico Cyprien?

• Finding work in reunion

Reunion Oct 30, 2014 at 5:27 AM

Hi everyone, i was wondering how its like to find work in this island, mostly in restaurants or hotels. Is it hard to find? how much do they usualy pay? thank you

3 Answers Oct 30, 2014 at 1:09 PM
    • Looking for hiking partner.

Reunion Jul 26, 2014 at 11:45 PM

Hi - I'm looking for someone to go walking with for a few days during the week 8th-15th August 2014. I'd like to go to Salazie/Mafate. I'm a british medical student + been in Reunion 2months for a hospital placement in St.Denis.

Contact me at johnmccullough91@hotmail.com if interested.

John

• safety for solo female traveller

Reunion Feb 19, 2014 at 12:57 PM

My next backpacking might be Reunion.. nature and wild life, hiking, biking, snorkling, kayaking if possible.
      Anything to be careful about except for crocodiles and the "normal" stuff ... back to accomodation before dark, don´t display your "gold" ?

• cost of drinks

Reunion Aug 30, 2013 at 6:38 AM

how much are drinks on the island, bottled water, cooldrinks, beers and cocktails

• cost of drinks

Reunion Aug 30, 2013 at 6:36 AM

how much are drinks on the island, bottled water, cooldrinks, beers and cocktails

3 Answers Aug 30, 2013 at 11:55 PM
    • sheherezad's Profile Photo

Arrival tips and hotel recommendation

Reunion May 16, 2013 at 3:42 AM

I'm considering going on to Reunion Island from Mauritius, for 4 nights in early June, and would appreciate your kind advice on the following:-
      1) Local currency used? Foreign currency accepted?
      2) Accommodation you would recommend - any star but safe, friendly and comfortable for a solo mature female traveler.
      3) Transfer from airport to accommodation - how do I get there?
      4) Things you would recommend I do? Moderate activity.
      5) Can I get by with a minimum of basic French and will locals speak to me in English if I ask (in French) if they can speak English ?
      6) Any local VTer I could meet?
      7) Any other advice you deem useful to a solo female traveler.

Thank you! :-)

2 Answers May 20, 2013 at 3:53 AM
    • bungalow for 5 (incl. 1 couple)

Reunion Jul 18, 2011 at 2:56 AM

Hi fellow travelers,
      me and some friends staying on Reunion for 2 weeks in sep.
      Does anyone knows some nice bungalows where we could stay?
      We've found those so far
      piedanlo-gfsud.monsite-orang...
      piedanlo-sgcentre.monsite-or...
      piedanlo-caphomard.monsite-o...
      piedanlo-gfnord.monsite-oran...
      but the most of them have only max. 3 rooms, one too less. So do u know any other pages?

thx

stefan

• travelling with a baby

Les Orangers Feb 4, 2010 at 4:26 AM

hi i'm going to les orangers hotel in june this year with my son who will be 10months old. i am looking for any advice on whether i can but supplies for him when there to save me bringing them. such as pampers nappies, sma formula milk, baby food jars etc. would appreciate any other advice also, thanks

1 Answer Mar 21, 2010 at 9:40 PM
    • mikelisaanna's Profile Photo

Reunion vacation with an 8-year old

Reunion May 18, 2009 at 12:45 PM

We were thinking about visiting Reunion in July with our 8-year old daughter and have a few questions:

1. Is the ocean warm enough at that time of year for us to go in the water? Is there a significant difference in water temperature and currents between the different sides of the island?

2. We plan to rent a car so that we can drive around the island and do some sightseeing. Can you get to the volcanos by car? We love to hike, but realize that our daughter's legs will only last so long hiking hilly terrain.

3. Where is the best part of the island to use as a base for our stay if we want to have a mix of beach and sightseeing?

4. We are considering Mauritius and the Seychelles as alternative destinations. It seems to us that Reunion has the best mix of beach and scenery of the three, but we would love to hear other people's opinions. We can speak and understand both French and English.

• Travelling from Reunion to Mauritius by sea.

Reunion Nov 10, 2007 at 7:59 AM

Hi. My fiance and I are planning to visit Reunion on our honeymoon this December - we were thinking of spending about 7 day & 8 nights there and were thinking of going on to Mauritius for a few days before getting back to Reunion & then heading back to India. We were wondering if anyone could give us some information on how convenient it is to travel from Reunion to Mauritius by Sea - otherwise if there is any alternative way of doing the trip, we would like to know so that we can plan our tickets accordingly. We would preferably want to do this trip in a cost effective manner as we are already spending a lot of money on the trip hence if anyone can give us an idea of the fares as well it would help us plan better. Looking forward to hearing back with a positive response soon.

Cheers,
      Preeti

• russians in reunion

Reunion Oct 29, 2007 at 1:24 PM

Dear friends!
      I am a russian journalist. I'll be in Reunion on holiday in December. I would like to meet with russian expats living and/or working in Reunion. Hope in your help.

• Belsaita's Profile Photo

going to Reunion... is beginning of December a good time?

Reunion Oct 19, 2007 at 1:55 AM

My best friend and I are planning a holiday from 1 to 9 of December, to escape somewhere warm, and one option we are weighing is Reunion.

My best friend and I are planning a holiday from 1 to 9 of December, to escape somewhere warm, and one option we are weighing is Reunion.

First, yet another boring weather question! (soooorry!). I know hat no one really knows about weather, but I read conflicting info. Some places say there are heavy rains and cyclones from December to March. Provided we would be there at the beginning of the rainy season, maybe is not so bad?? Or we should expect rains all the time? (so we'll change planes and visit another time)

On the other hand, our interests are both hiking and snorkeling. We know Reunion may be "the" place for hiking. But my friend keeps saying there are no beaches in Reunion worth it. I find difficult to believe that an island may have no beaches! (well, I understand these may be not so wonderful as Mauritius or Seychelles, but...I saw there are a few beaches) Is there any good place for snorkeling??

Last but not least, anyone knows where we can rent a sailing boat for a day?

Thanks!!

6 Answers Jan 30, 2008 at 7:51 AM
    • travel

Reunion Jul 2, 2007 at 11:47 PM

Hi! Anything nice to explore in Reunion,please suggest besides volcano trekking?
      Any do and don't when visiting Reunion?
      What's the currency? is US$ accepted?
      Thanks!

2 Answers Oct 31, 2007 at 7:07 AM
    • health

Reunion Jul 2, 2007 at 11:43 PM

Hi! how's the health condition in reunion? is it any medical injection should be taken before enter / depart from reunion? thanks!

1 Answer Jan 21, 2009 at 1:50 PM
    • flight

Reunion Apr 14, 2007 at 7:39 PM

Hi! Is there any flight / air lines that fly from reunion to south africa example: cape town / johannesburg? I'm a budget traveler is there any cheap flight carrier?
      Do I need to apply a visa to get in reunion?

2 Answers Oct 31, 2007 at 7:12 AM
    • accomodation

Reunion Apr 14, 2007 at 7:35 PM

Hi! I plan to travel to reunion alone, is it safe?
      which is the best hostel/ hotel to stay (close to city center)?
      Do they accept USD?
      What is there to do and see? Thanks!

• neil_richardson's Profile Photo

Hostels and Diving

Reunion Sep 6, 2006 at 6:39 AM

Am over in Reunion over new years, am looking for good SCUBA diving outfit, and a decent hostel.

Any reccomendations?

• vacation rentals

Bois-Blanc Jul 31, 2006 at 10:13 PM

My husband and I hope to stay on Bois Blanc this weekend (Aug 4&5). Any suggestions on rentals. We will boat in and dock at the marina. B&B, hotel, cabin...anything will work. Hoping for a reasonable price. THis is a birthday surprise for my husband. We will leave the 4 children at home just this once!
      Thanks for suggestions.
      Mar

• Reunion weather

Reunion Oct 11, 2005 at 12:10 PM

Hi everyone,
      I'm trying to find a destination for my next trip and was thinking of Reunion Island in the second fortnight of November. Could anyone tell me if it's a good time to visit it ?
      Thanks

1 Answer Aug 7, 2006 at 8:56 AM
    • Re:Seeking Summer

Reunion Aug 29, 2005 at 12:58 AM

I am looking forward to returning to Reunion. This time I would love to stay in St Gilles as last time I was at L'Hermitage. I am hoping that someone can recommend a hotel that is reasonable and near the beach as I wont have a car. I hope someone out there can help! Jackie

• Guided tours

Reunion May 17, 2005 at 3:42 AM

Does Souprayenmestry have a website or do other operators offer autocar guided excursions?

• bobnfran's Profile Photo

One day tour...How should we do it?

Reunion Dec 4, 2004 at 5:10 PM

Hi to all! We will be arriving in Reunion Island by cruiseship for just one day on Thursday December 9 from about 9:00m to 4:00pm. We would like a "private" English-speaking tour guide w/car for the day for transport from and to our ship and to sightsee, enjoy lunch and soak up the atmosphere. Do you know of a guide or can you direct us to one? Do we need a guide? What are some must-see things to do and see in our very short time? All help is greatly appreciated. Thanks much, Bob and Fran

4 Answers Oct 16, 2010 at 12:50 PM
    • thelittlevoice's Profile Photo

Visa?

Reunion Nov 13, 2004 at 8:05 PM

It looks like the visa rule is the same as going to France so if I have any Schengen visa other than French then I assume I can use it?

4 Answers Feb 15, 2005 at 2:28 PM
    • places to stay

Reunion Nov 7, 2004 at 1:23 AM

I'd really appreciate if someone could recommend to me a nice hotel, bed and breakfast or apartment to rent in Reunion. Also, where would you say is the nicest place to stay? thanks!

1 Answer Nov 22, 2004 at 10:28 AM
    • Flight from Paris to St Dennis, La Reunion

Reunion Oct 11, 2004 at 5:08 AM

Hello! Being a student, i am trying to get a cheap air ticket to reunion (st dennis). Does anybody know any travel agency in paris that provides special air-offers paris-st dennis? Thank you.

4 Answers Jan 20, 2005 at 5:30 AM
    • el.mOe's Profile Photo

cell phone réunion

Reunion Feb 7, 2004 at 9:37 AM

Hi! Because I think using my german cell phone will be too expensive, I think of buying a prepaid card there. What are my options for prepaid sim cards in Reunion ?? Do you know any websites of the operator etc..? Thank you very much, Moritz

• Grand Traversee de l'ile

Reunion Oct 6, 2003 at 12:10 PM

I will go the grand traversee de l'ile from Nov 4th 2003 until the Nov 18th, starting at St. Denis and ending at Mare Longue. Is there someone who likes to join me (m,32,German)

• RE:Accomodation

Reunion Sep 30, 2003 at 10:51 PM

Can anyone help me by recommending good hotels in St Gilles,St.Pierre and Hell Bourg? I am planning a trip for next year. I would like to move around the island in 2 or 3 * accomodation. Hoping someone can help......Regards Jackie

• RE:Accomodation

Reunion Sep 30, 2003 at 10:51 PM

Can anyone help me by recommending good hotels in St Gilles,St.Pierre and Hell Bourg? I am planning a trip for next year. I would like to move around the island in 2 or 3 * accomodation. Hoping someone can help......Regards Jackie