Reunion Travel Answers

change location

places to stay

by katye Online Now Nov 7, 2004 at 1:23 AM

I'd really appreciate if someone could recommend to me a nice hotel, bed and breakfast or apartment to rent in Reunion. Also, where would you say is the nicest place to stay? thanks!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • el.mOe's Profile Photo

Re: places to stay

by el.mOe Online Now Nov 22, 2004 at 10:28 AM

hi, this really depends on what you would like to do on reunion island. although its small but reunion has a great variety of different regions. sometimes its also not very fast to drive to another region. you should definitely stay 2 weeks there to get an overview. i would recommend you to stay around st.gilles les bains , thats where are the beaches and most hotels. then its essential to get a car to drive around. another way to explore the island is by walking through it. you can cross the island by walking and staying in guest houses , so called gites. if u do so, you should get a travel book and book some gites ahead and plan the tour.( actually lonely planet one is not that good, get the routard, thats ok) if u are already in reunion, go to maison de la montagne in the capital st.denis. they will arrange everything for u. if u have further q´s , feel free to contact me, cheers, m

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Reunion Travel Answer Locations