Reunion Travel Answers

change location
bobnfran's Profile Photo

One day tour...How should we do it?

by bobnfran Online Now Dec 4, 2004 at 5:10 PM

Hi to all! We will be arriving in Reunion Island by cruiseship for just one day on Thursday December 9 from about 9:00m to 4:00pm. We would like a "private" English-speaking tour guide w/car for the day for transport from and to our ship and to sightsee, enjoy lunch and soak up the atmosphere. Do you know of a guide or can you direct us to one? Do we need a guide? What are some must-see things to do and see in our very short time? All help is greatly appreciated. Thanks much, Bob and Fran

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • el.mOe's Profile Photo

Re: Re: One day tour...How should we do it?

by el.mOe Online Now Nov 22, 2004 at 10:34 AM

if u would be in reunion 2 weeks later, i could do that job.. :) but i think you wont need me anyway. a great way to see some highlights of the island is by driving around the coastal road. just rent a car therefore, its cheap. its easy ( u wont get lost , its just one street doing that way ) and you have several sights on the way where u cann stop and see. if u have more questions, drop me a line -m

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Caro315's Profile Photo

Re: One day tour...How should we do it?

by Caro315 Online Now Dec 4, 2004 at 5:10 PM

This might be a bit too late but I'll give it a shot anyway... You have to go see Trois Bassins (it's one of my favorite spots to visit). It's a wonderful walk that leads you to a cascade where you can swim and enjoy the scenery. Fun walk! There are many things you can do but I don't think one day is enough. There is always the beach Saint Gilles, or Saint Denis (the capital). You won't have enough time for the "must-see things" because that takes time to get there such as : cilaos, the volcano, piton des neiges, etc... If you speak french you don't need a guide. Ciao ciao! Caro =)

• Re: One day tour...How should we do it?

by riverdale60 Online Now Oct 16, 2010 at 12:19 PM

If you are going to be on the Costa Romantica-let us know-we will be cruising Indian Ocean starting Nov 21 out of Singapore on the Romantica-will be in Reunion for one day, before Mauritius. If you are a day ahead of us, please let us know what you find out
    Jill & Michael
    Mill Valley, Ca

• kiwi's Profile Photo

One day tour...How should we do it?

by kiwi Online Now Oct 16, 2010 at 12:50 PM

I think they were more than a day ahead of you :-)
    The question was posted in 2004 :-)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Reunion Travel Answer Locations