Republic of Montenegro

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• nightlife and swimming from 6th june - 12th june

Budva Apr 13, 2014 at 6:33 AM

Is it too early as i search for nightclubs and party?
      and about swimming and weather is it suitable with time? Thank u

2 Answers Apr 13, 2014 at 2:50 PM
    • afternoon sun

Kotor Mar 18, 2014 at 2:34 AM

Can you tell me if Prcanj gets the sun in the afternoons?

3 Answers Mar 18, 2014 at 5:10 PM
    • Which resort in Montenegro

Herceg-Novi Mar 17, 2014 at 12:44 PM

We are a couple in our sixties and want to spend a week in Montenegro following a week in Croatia during September. We are wondering if Herceg Novi will suit us as we are looking for a fairly quiet resort but with a good selection of restaurants and shops and one that is not too hilly. We thought od Petrovac but transfers from Croatia are very expensive.
      What about Budva?

2 Answers Mar 29, 2014 at 12:28 PM
    • general costs in budva

Budva Mar 9, 2014 at 5:20 AM

what is the general cost of things in budva, for example a beer, a meal and transport, Help would be appreciated

1 Answer Mar 9, 2014 at 6:17 AM
    • How do I get there?

Bogetici Feb 13, 2014 at 3:32 PM

We will stay in Montenegro some days this summer. We want to og to the Ostrog Monastery at Bogetici. How do we get there? We will stay near Bar. Are there any guided trips arranged from some of the cities near the coast? Salte

2 Answers Feb 13, 2014 at 9:01 PM
    • Kiki84's Profile Photo

10 day itinerary recommendations?

Republic of Montenegro Feb 8, 2014 at 5:33 PM

Hi all,

We are a group of 3 girls going to Bosnia and Montenegro for 10 days end May/ start June.

I'm just starting to research places to go so thought I'd ask for some inspiration on here!

We are in our late 20s and want to have a mix of city/town & off the beaten track, sightseeing and activities such as hiking etc. We will be able to hire a car and we will be coming from the UK.

Thanks!

7 Answers Apr 15, 2014 at 7:50 AM
    • bus kotor to Mostar

Republic of Montenegro Jan 25, 2014 at 9:31 PM

Has anyone taken the 14:45 bus from Kotor which travels via Dubrovnik to Mostar? Were there any problems? did it arrive on time etc. How long did it take ? Cost? Thanks travellingedwards

• adovaston's Profile Photo

Traveling from Budva to Dubrovnik Airport

Budva Jan 12, 2014 at 3:26 PM

Hi,

Can anyone give any advise on the best way to travel from Budva to Dubrovnik Airport please.
      I've looked on websites on transport but not come up with much luck.

4 Answers Jan 13, 2014 at 3:21 AM
    • Bus schedule between Dubrovnik and Kotor

Republic of Montenegro Jan 11, 2014 at 3:14 PM

How many buses are available for a transfer from Dubrovnik to Kotor, and their departure times, for March 2nd, 2014?

3 Answers Mar 17, 2014 at 10:48 AM
    • rickmatthews's Profile Photo

Hotels in Kotor

Kotor Jan 11, 2014 at 12:45 PM

Can anyone recommend a hotel in Kotor for 2 people.. (in June). As for price range, I would assume between 100 to 125 American would be reasonable. (Would pay more if need be).

Thanks
      RM

3 Answers Mar 30, 2014 at 4:20 PM
    • SaraD27's Profile Photo

road problems

Podgorica Dec 30, 2013 at 9:22 AM

Hi! Are there snow problems during the trip in january? And what is the total time of the trip from podgorica to sarajevo

8 Answers Dec 31, 2013 at 4:01 AM
    • Transportation to Athens

Herceg-Novi Dec 13, 2013 at 10:35 AM

What is the simplest way to get from Herceg-Novi to Athens?

2 Answers Dec 14, 2013 at 5:34 AM
    • naruto's Profile Photo

Too ambitious? Lake Skadar and Cetinje/Lovcen all in 1 day

Republic of Montenegro Dec 2, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Hi, we will be traveling to Montenegro next spring. We will also be traveling to other countries in the region and due to time constraints, have 1 day to do the sights along the Bay, and another 1 day to do something else. For the 2nd day, we really hope to be able to get to Skadar Lake and then onwards to Cetinje/Lovcen. Is it possible to do it all in 1 day?

Also, if anyone knows of a reliable montenegrin tour agency who is able to organise this day trip for us, it will be great.

Thanks

4 Answers Dec 5, 2013 at 3:30 AM
    • Supermarket

Petrovac na Moru Dec 1, 2013 at 7:37 AM

How far is the nearest supermarket to the Hotel Renome pse?

1 Answer Dec 1, 2013 at 10:23 AM
    • Montenegro

Petrovac na Moru Nov 11, 2013 at 5:45 PM

What is the Fortress Castio? Is it a museum that can be toured?

1 Answer Nov 12, 2013 at 4:05 AM
    • Karctic's Profile Photo

Where to stay amongst the nature! No car!

Nacionalni Park Biogradska Gora Oct 15, 2013 at 1:17 AM

I am seeking advice on buses from Zabljak to the park for tomorrow (16th Oct) and also, considering I don't have a car, where it may be best to seek accommodation.
      I don't want to pay more than 30€ per night and would prefer a kitchenette if possible.
      My main objective for two or three days is to hike so a place closest to good trails is my aim, so i don't have to hire taxis to get there is better.
      I like a quiet and peaceful location if possible and I don't need access to restaurants or cafés. I'm currently staying on a farm in Durmitor and I like this very much.

Any advice appreciated...I plan to catch a bus to Tara bridge tomorrow at 0830 and hope to catch a bus from there...unless I hear otherwise suggestions from those in the know :)

Thx!!

• DarkoT's Profile Photo

cooming soon to Ulcinj

Ulcinj Oct 9, 2013 at 2:09 PM

Hello everyone.
      i will be soon in Ulcinj so can you tell me how to get to dvori Balsici,since it is on a cliff and i heard it is steepy?Moreover do you like Ulcinj?)
      cheers

1 Answer Oct 16, 2013 at 4:36 AM

Safety and car hire

Republic of Montenegro Sep 10, 2013 at 10:38 AM

Hi all,

Just decided to go to Montenegro for a few weeks starting 7Th October and would appreciate any advice you could give me.

I am really only interested in seeing the nature and natural wonders of the country. I wish to RUN and hike trails in the mountains, hills, valleys and lakes.... Any advice from people who are into these things ESP appreciated.

I am solo traveller, female of 51... Are the locals pretty decent towards travellers in general and is it relatively acceptable and safe for a woman to go do these things solo in this country?

Are authorities generally decent there?

I'm considering car hire so I can travel to interesting areas of nature....is it a simple enough process there and are the costs reasonable?

I travelled for two months solo with a car in Morocco recently with no problems but I didn't run or hike alone there... I have an upcoming ultra marathon sp I must train on this sort of country.

If anyone happened to have a contact of a local who has the knowledge and may enjoy running or hiking some trails with me that would be awesome.

Ok that's all for now...

Thanks in advance

Jan

8 Answers Sep 30, 2013 at 6:15 AM

Safety and car hire

Republic of Montenegro Sep 10, 2013 at 10:38 AM

Hi all,

Just decided to go to Montenegro for a few weeks starting 7Th October and would appreciate any advice you could give me.

I am really only interested in seeing the nature and natural wonders of the country. I wish to RUN and hike trails in the mountains, hills, valleys and lakes.... Any advice from people who are into these things ESP appreciated.

I am solo traveller, female of 51... Are the locals pretty decent towards travellers in general and is it relatively acceptable and safe for a woman to go do these things solo in this country?

Are authorities generally decent there?

I'm considering car hire so I can travel to interesting areas of nature....is it a simple enough process there and are the costs reasonable?

I travelled for two months solo with a car in Morocco recently with no problems but I didn't run or hike alone there... I have an upcoming ultra marathon sp I must train on this sort of country.

If anyone happened to have a contact of a local who has the knowledge and may enjoy running or hiking some trails with me that would be awesome.

Ok that's all for now...

Thanks in advance

Jan

• Karlie85's Profile Photo

Border crossing by bus from Croatia

Republic of Montenegro Aug 31, 2013 at 12:19 AM

I will be taking the bus from Dubrovnik into Montenegro. I'm just wondering what the procedure is at the border. Do we give our passports to someone on the bus or do we get off and get processed through the border individually? I'm just wondering because I've never taken a bus across an international border before.

Thanks!

2 Answers Aug 31, 2013 at 5:03 AM
    • Podgorica to Sofia

Republic of Montenegro Aug 28, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Please help! I am planning a trip to Eastern Europe in September, but I am stuck along the route from Podgorica to Sofia. I want to find the cheapest, quickest and easiest way to get there. I have found that from Skopje you can get to Sofia but I cannot find a way to get from Podgorica to Skopje!

Can anyone help?!

2 Answers Sep 22, 2013 at 4:16 AM
    • Best place to stay for both seaside and mountains

Republic of Montenegro Aug 27, 2013 at 11:54 PM

Hello!

I will be travelling with my girlfriend in the next week to Montenegro. We would like to stay somewhere with access to both the seaside and the mountains, as we'd like to visit as much as we can during our 10 day visit.

We will be going by car so access shouldnt be that problematic, as I think distances are not too big, but distances on map dont always speak the truth.

So any recommendations on a place to stay? Ideally it would be on a beach somewhere, clothing optional for sunbathing and swimming, and would allow for day visits to canyons, glacial lakes and other natural wonders...

cheers!

5 Answers Dec 2, 2013 at 7:32 AM
    • Karlie85's Profile Photo

Ferry from Bar, Montenegro to Bari, Italy

Republic of Montenegro Aug 27, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Going to be taking the ferry from Bar to Bari, Italy. The ferry departs at 22:30. What time should I be at the ferry terminal to collect tickets? Does anyone know if I go through customs on the Montenegro side?

Thanks.

4 Answers Aug 29, 2013 at 1:00 AM
    • LyzeOfKiel's Profile Photo

Budva or Kotor - where to stay?

Budva Aug 20, 2013 at 6:57 AM

Hi,
      We are planning to visit Montenegro in mid September for couple of days. We have been thinking to stay either in Budva or Kotor (can't be both, only visit for two days). Both places seem nice. We're in early 20s and looking for beach holidays as well as city/culture attractions. We prefer place that is not too overcrowded with tourists and easy access to other attractions nearby ie. Sveti Stefan.

Btw, we are going to Montenegro from Prizren. Is there any direct bus/train from Prizren to Budva/Kotor? So far we can't find any info about direct bus (have to stop at Ulcinj and take another bus to Budva/Kotor).

11 Answers Aug 23, 2013 at 3:03 AM
    • struga-budva

Republic of Montenegro Aug 16, 2013 at 6:11 PM

Can someone tell me is there a bus going from Struga to Budva,or is there an travel agency in struga or ohrid that organizes sumer holidays to Budva

2 Answers Aug 17, 2013 at 1:07 AM
    • montenegro in september

Republic of Montenegro Aug 15, 2013 at 12:28 PM

hello all, i am planning a week long trip to Montenegro in September, i would like to know if this possible to do so without renting a car? (i am interesting to see more the landscape than the city life ). if you have any suggestion about locations, guesthouse et cetera i will be more than happy to hear.
      thanks

2 Answers Aug 18, 2013 at 8:34 AM
    • Question title

Lovcen Aug 6, 2013 at 12:01 PM

Is the stairs up to Mausoleum steep and difficult for older people?

4 Answers Aug 6, 2013 at 6:48 PM
    • EulaliaA's Profile Photo

Catholic MassKotor the 15th August

Kotor Aug 6, 2013 at 4:44 AM

Hello!! I arrive in Kotor, Montenegro the 15 of August and I would like to go to a catholic mass. could you give the timetable of the cathedral? or another catholic church? Thank you in advance

6 Answers Aug 6, 2013 at 7:45 PM
    • Prole's Profile Photo

Taxi from Kotor to Sarajevo

Kotor Jul 25, 2013 at 5:25 PM

Hi All!

Will be in Kotor for 5 days in the second week of August, after which I plan to spend a couple of days in Sarajevo before flying back home. I was wondering if anyone had an idea on how much a taxi would charge me from Kotor to Sarajevo, preferably with a short (one hour, perhaps?) stop in Mostar?

Thanks in advance,

Prole

1 Answer Aug 4, 2013 at 1:13 PM
    • Rafting tours in the Tara river from Kotor

Kotor Jul 24, 2013 at 8:15 AM

Me and my 2 other friends are looking to do a 1-day rafting in the Tara river leaving from Kotor . I have checked one option online for 80 € but I wonder if there are cheaper options. Anyone has good tips?

2 Answers Jul 24, 2013 at 8:51 AM