Republic of Montenegro

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Timisoara-Kotor

Republic of Montenegro May 4, 2015 at 1:26 AM

is there a train or bus from timisoara(romania) to kotor?
      or timisoara-podgorica-kotor?
      please, tahnk you

more
    • jeremiah6178's Profile Photo

What to see and where to stay in Montenegro

Republic of Montenegro May 4, 2015 at 6:50 AM

Hi. A friend and I are going to be in Montenegro for two weeks at the end of May and beginning of June. Neither of us have ever been there. We are flying into Tivat. Any suggestions on cities to visit, what to see, and reasonably priced (but safe and clean) places to stay would be greatly appreciated. Actually, any advice at all would be very helpful. Thank you very much! Jeremiah

more
    • jeremiah6178's Profile Photo

What to see and where to stay in Montenegro

Republic of Montenegro May 4, 2015 at 6:50 AM

Hi. A friend and I are going to be in Montenegro for two weeks at the end of May and beginning of June. Neither of us have ever been there. We are flying into Tivat. Any suggestions on cities to visit, what to see, and reasonably priced (but safe and clean) places to stay would be greatly appreciated. Actually, any advice at all would be very helpful. Thank you very much! Jeremiah

5 Answers May 4, 2015 at 10:24 AM
    • Timisoara-Kotor

Republic of Montenegro May 4, 2015 at 1:26 AM

is there a train or bus from timisoara(romania) to kotor?
      or timisoara-podgorica-kotor?
      please, tahnk you

2 Answers May 4, 2015 at 1:52 AM
    • Bus routes Montenegro

Perast Mar 22, 2015 at 1:34 PM

Hi just wondering if anyone can help me we are coming to Montenegro end of August and was wondering if there is a bus that goes from Tivat airport to Perast? We will be flying from London Gatwick with Montenegro Airlines.
      Thanks

3 Answers Mar 23, 2015 at 1:29 PM
    • Bus routes

Perast Mar 22, 2015 at 1:31 PM

Is there a bus that goes from Tivat airport to Perast?

• MsLena's Profile Photo

Car Rental in Albania and Montenegro

Republic of Montenegro Jan 11, 2015 at 12:21 AM

I am planning a road trip to Montenegro and Albania (with a possibly detour to Macedonia) in august with my daughter. The plan is to fly in to Dubrovnik and home from Corfu. We will stay close to the coast in both countries for sun and swinnimg, but also plan to visit Ohrid, Berat and Gjirokaster

I do not drive myself, and my daughter is 23 years old and have had her driver’s license for less than one year.

1. We would like to rent a car in Kotor, Montenegro and return it in Saranda, Albania, before entering the ferry to Corfu. Can anyone recommend a car rental company which will allow us to take the car to all countries mentioned above, and where the driver is allowed to have had the license for less than a year?
      2. I have had no luck in finding Saranda as a drop off point for the car searching several big car rental companies. Should I search for another city in southern Albania instead?
      3. Another option, less preferably, is to rent one car in Kotor and drop it the same place, and go by bus to Tirana and rent a new car there. But I have only found car rental companies (Avis, Hertz, Sixt) which demand the driver to have had the license for more than a year. Can anyone recommend a car rental company in Kotor who allows the driver to have had the license for less than a year?
      4. Can anyone recommend a car rental company in Tirana who allows the driver to have had the license for less than a year and where we can drop the car near Saranda? And preferably one who allows us to take the car to Macedonia.

We have not yet booked the flight tickets, so going home from Tirana can be an option if so makes the car rental situation easier.

Since the questions regard both Albania and Montenegro I am posting the same post in both forums.

Thanks from Lena

3 Answers Feb 10, 2015 at 9:57 AM
    • bus services from Podgorica airport to city centre

Podgorica Dec 31, 2014 at 6:04 AM

I have read somewhere that there is a bus service from the airport to TRG republike in Podgorica city centre,I would be grateful if someone could verify this.

4 Answers Dec 31, 2014 at 7:36 AM
    • stay in Podgorica

Podgorica Dec 26, 2014 at 4:49 AM

Is Podgorica and nearby countryside worth a 3/4 day visit .Also is there a decent public transport system. Thank You.

3 Answers Dec 27, 2014 at 1:20 AM
    • transport bus / train

Podgorica Dec 22, 2014 at 3:25 AM

Is there a bus or train service to from Podgorica / skopje

5 Answers Dec 23, 2014 at 3:34 PM
    • 264george's Profile Photo

Crossing the road through the park

Nacionalni Park Durmitor Sep 10, 2014 at 12:23 PM

hello to everyone!

Im new to your forum and i would like some help.

We are planing to do a motorcycle tour in Montenegro this
      November (from 1st to 5th) and i wonder if it is possible to
      drive through the National Park of Durmitor this time of year
      and what is expected to be the road's and the weather conditions
      (snow etc). Is there any site that provides up to date info?

The place that interests me most is from Zabljak to the park and
      from there till the borders
      https://goo.gl/maps/nTbGf

All answers are welcomed and appreciated,
      thank you in advance

4 Answers Sep 13, 2014 at 1:34 AM
    • maggiefoss's Profile Photo

Beaches near budva

Budva Sep 8, 2014 at 1:34 PM

We have 2 days left in Montenegro. Our weather has been rainy, but tomorrow should be nicer. We want to find a beach area. Should we head to budva or sveti Stefan ? We gave a car. What area would offer more to see after we swim? Can we do both? Also, I wanted to go to st nicolet island, is that possible as well?

2 Answers Sep 10, 2014 at 3:52 AM
    • zozzo's Profile Photo

From Dubrovnik to Montenegro and Albania

Ulcinj Aug 30, 2014 at 3:48 AM

Greetings,

Tomorrow, 31.08. we're arriving to Dubrovnik airport @ 13:10 and would like to share a ride from there towards Montenegro, Ulcinj preferably, but anywhere down south is also fine. Our destination is Vlore in Albania, with stops at Skhoder and Tirana. It's two of us, me (Croatian) and my Finnish girlfriend. Also, we're going back from Vlore next Sunday 07.09. to Dubrovnik (airport). So, if anyone is going down that route, wants some good company and maybe share a ride feel free to contact me here in inbox or @ zozzo13@gmail.com.

Cheers

Božo

• LOCAL GUIDE

Kotor Aug 17, 2014 at 4:05 AM

HELLO I WOULD LIKE TO FIND A LOCAL GUIDE IN KOTOR TO MAKE SOME DAYS IN THE MONTAINS AROUND KOTOR
      DO YOU KNOW SOMEBODY .
      THANKS IN ADVANCE HARRIET

1 Answer Aug 17, 2014 at 6:06 AM
    • water taxi to tivat

Krasici Aug 16, 2014 at 9:27 AM

where do i get a water taxi from?

1 Answer Aug 17, 2014 at 7:21 AM
    • maggiefoss's Profile Photo

Things we should not miss in Montenegro

Republic of Montenegro Aug 14, 2014 at 11:33 AM

We have a rental car and 4 full days in Montenegro. We have rented a small apt in Kotor to use as our base for exploring the area. What are the places we should not miss?? Are there some great seafood places to eat at? We love the beaches and want to explore near the coast and coastal towns as much as possible. Thanks for your advice!

5 Answers Aug 14, 2014 at 5:42 PM
    • pilot_to_paradise's Profile Photo

Bus from Kotor to Dubrovnik, October

Kotor Jul 27, 2014 at 2:09 PM

Hi!
      We're going to Montenegro, Croatia, Bosnia and Slovenia on October, arriving at Podgorica airport on October 18th. We'd like to know the schedules and prices of buses from Kotor or Budva to Dubrovnik. Another question: how much would we spend for renting a basic car for one or two days (getting it at Podgorica and returning at Kotor)?
      Best regards,
      Daniel&Gilda

4 Answers Aug 28, 2014 at 1:13 PM
    • Car rental in Kotor or Tivat

Republic of Montenegro Jul 19, 2014 at 1:07 AM

Hi folks, Could you share your experience of renting a car in Kotor or Tivat? Are there any inexpensive options for 3-4 days? Many thanks!

• Dubrovnik to Przno

Przno Jul 7, 2014 at 12:16 PM

Hi! Can i take a bus from dubrovnik to Przno and how far is it?

1 Answer Jul 7, 2014 at 1:51 PM
    • Travelling

Kotor Jul 7, 2014 at 1:21 AM

Is there a lookout you can drive to for a view over Kotor Bay

8 Answers Jul 16, 2014 at 2:06 PM
    • curiousity28's Profile Photo

Montenegro in December/January?

Republic of Montenegro Jul 3, 2014 at 6:22 PM

Hi everyone,

My parents and I are hoping for a trip starting in Vienna and driving down to Montenegro, probably stopping for a few days in both Slovenia and Croatia as well, in late December or early January. Are areas around the coast of Montenegro expensive/crowded this time of year? It's the holiday season, I know, but I'm thinking it's more of a summer destination?

We are used to the cold but does it get unbearable and/or rainy and grey during the winter?

Any other thoughts or suggestions you want to add are welcome :)

Thanks!

1 Answer Jul 4, 2014 at 4:17 AM
    • Is there a camera store?

Ulcinj Jun 28, 2014 at 1:12 PM

I'm traveling to Ulcinj next week and want to buy a new water proof camera there. I had a water proof camera but it just got water leak and crashed. Does anyone know where to buy Sony TX-10, TX-30 type or Nikon Coolpix AW100 or something listed on this site (ephotozine.com/article/top-1...). If there is a big shopping center like City Center One in Croatia or a big electronic store, that would be a help for me.

1 Answer Jun 30, 2014 at 2:46 PM
    • Vegetarians?

Budva Jun 24, 2014 at 11:07 AM

Hello,
      I am going to be visiting Budva in the coming days and was wondering what are the vegetarian spots in the city. If you have any tips I will be so grateful :)
      Cheers

1 Answer Jul 6, 2014 at 2:08 AM
    • 10 day itinerary recommendation for montenegro & dubrovnik

Republic of Montenegro Jun 20, 2014 at 9:30 AM

Hey ppl,
      Hi. I and couple of my buddies are planning on going for a 10 day trip to Montenegro and Dubrovnik, Croatia. I have done a lot of research over it. Kotor, Perast and Cetinje seem to be interesting to us and dubrovnik in croatia. We will be flying from Mumbai, India to Podgorica, Montenegro or Dubrovnik, Croatia depending upon the airfare. Anyone been to Montenegro & Dubrovnik suggest us what is the best way to travel between Dubrovnik and Montenegro (the place where we will be visiting) and how much would it cost? We are thinking of 7 days in Montenegro and 3 days in Croatia. We are looking for relaxation, experiencing the cafes & good food, sightseeing and little bit of night life. Can you suggest us which are good places(towns or cities) to visit and what to do there and what is the best way to travel between them? We have limited budget :). Also, since its a small country how many places should we have our base at and where? Can any of you'll share your itinerary and experiences. That would be great.
      Also, any recommendation for accommodation?
      Thanks & Cheers,
      Mru

8 Answers Jul 16, 2014 at 1:52 PM
    • transport from Serbia to Montenegro

Republic of Montenegro Jun 16, 2014 at 3:37 AM

Please, could you tell me if there is better option to take train or bus from Belgrad to Budva? I am going with my 5 friends on 24th of June.
      I prefere trains but I heard that it can be difficult after flods... Does anybody could tell me if this is true?
      Anna

12 Answers Jun 20, 2014 at 1:16 PM
    • From Budva to Prizren/Skopje

Budva Jun 12, 2014 at 5:37 AM

Hi everybody,
      What is the easist way to go to Skopje or Prizren from Budva, mainly from Montenegro?
      Thx in advance

6 Answers Jun 16, 2014 at 6:35 AM
    • Montenegro trip

Budva Jun 10, 2014 at 11:22 PM

Hello,
      I am planing 2-3 days Montenegro trip, mainly including Budva and Kotor. I will be staying in Budva and thinking of visiting othr places from there as I assume they are verty close. Is this a good idea? What other places should i visit? maybe Podgoritca?
      Next stop in my trip will be Skopje or Prizren. What is the easist way of transportation there? At some forums, I see that Ulcinj-Shkoder-Prizrenroute is suggested. Are there shorter or more direct ways of going to Skopje, Ohri or Prizren?
      Thanks in advance,
      Serkan

3 Answers Jun 11, 2014 at 11:13 AM
    • Stay in Perast or Kotor?

Perast Jun 9, 2014 at 3:15 PM

I'm planning to spend a week or two in the Kotor Bay, Montenegro, this summer. Is it a good option to rent an apartment/hotel room in Perast instead of Kotor? Are there any good restaurants/bars in Perast? How much would a taxi from Kotor to Perast cost?

/Eva

7 Answers Jun 12, 2014 at 3:13 PM
    • Places to Visit in Montenegro

Kotor Jun 5, 2014 at 1:53 AM

Hi We are staying in MOntenegro for 4 nights in July. Where are the best places to go at nightime. We are staying in Kotor and both in our 30s and love nice restaurants, live music beautiful people, good music.Think we are also going to do a day Water Rafting and want to see some nice beaches ( with sand) but hate overcrowds and banging music. Can any one recommends the best things to do and see on our vistit.

3 Answers Jun 14, 2014 at 10:52 PM
    • Restaurant

Lovcen Jun 3, 2014 at 2:29 PM

on the most wonderful drive from Lovcen to Kotor with the 25 winding bends on the road there is a beautiful restaurant. it has the most amazing views on the lower level. What is its name and contact details? it is close by to a little house that is for rent.
      Thanks

1 Answer Jun 15, 2014 at 4:03 AM
    • Train or Bus fom Novi Sad to Kotor, Budva, Becici and Sveti Stefan?

Republic of Montenegro Jun 2, 2014 at 6:13 AM

Hi, I would like to ask, if anybody knows what is the best and cheap transportation from Novi Sad to Kotor and from Kotor, to Budva, Becici and Sveti Stefan? We are 7 student girls from Slovakia and our budget is limited. So we would like to find the most convenient price for traveling. Is it better to take the train to Budva and then go by bus to the other cityes? If anybody can give me few links to checkout by myself about this transportation that would be the best! And some suggestions about the best places to visit? Hvala puno! :)

3 Answers Jun 14, 2014 at 11:10 PM
    • driving times

Republic of Montenegro May 14, 2014 at 9:52 AM

Can anyone tell me how long it will take to drive from kotor to durmitor national park in august. And then back to petrovac again. What is the best route?

3 Answers Jun 17, 2014 at 6:53 PM