change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular Republic of Congo Travel Answer Locations

• Accomodation Pointe Noire

Pointe-Noire May 6, 2014 at 2:23 AM

I am currently working offshore Pointe Noire and would like to stay a few days to see a little bit. Is there reasonable priced hotels or hostels to stay in? Also what is the best way about doing a trip to Parc National Conkouati-Douli and how much time is needed for this?

1 Answer May 6, 2014 at 3:13 AM
    • transportation

Pointe-Noire Jan 31, 2014 at 1:46 PM

are there any buses from Pointe Noire to Matadi?

3 Answers Jan 31, 2014 at 3:03 PM
    • Gorilla trekking

Brazzaville Aug 13, 2013 at 1:41 PM

Hello,
      Does anybody have experience with watching gorilla's in the Republic of Congo (Ndoki NP) without making use of a travel agent? Their prices are above my budget..... There is not much information on the internet about watching gorilla's in Congo-Brazzaville.
      Kind regards, Alex

3 Answers Aug 14, 2013 at 12:51 PM
    • Visa application to congo from UAE

Pointe-Noire May 15, 2012 at 12:25 AM

We don't have your Embassies/consulates here in UAE, so please help me out for how to apply for a visa to congo and from where should i apply in UAE? We have to apply for a VISA to congo for some project accomplishment. please reply to my id abheeshnair@gmail.com

1 Answer May 15, 2012 at 9:00 AM
    • Congo Visa

Republic of Congo Oct 25, 2010 at 7:47 PM

I am a Philippine national and has some bussiness matter to be attend in Congo. My problem is, there is not much information available on the web regarding the visa application and there is no embassy in Manila. Will someone help on where to locate the nearest embassy in Philippines and if there is someone who knows the visa requirements? I appreciate your response.

3 Answers Oct 28, 2010 at 6:49 PM
    • Mateosh's Profile Photo

Congo/Cameroon Itinerary

Republic of Congo May 6, 2007 at 10:05 PM

Please read my itinerary and if you have any suggestions please advise. There are 3 of us, we don't have a car, we have a visa for the Republic of Congo and we hired a guide to accompany us.

Day 1) May 13th, Sunday

Arriving Douala, Cameroon (DLA) on May 13, 4:05 pm.

-Accomodation @German Seaman's Mission/Foyer du Marin, BP 5194; Rue Gallieni, off Rue Joffre, Akwa; tel. 342-27-94, email:douala@seamannsmission.org. Price=$39/night for a triple room.

Day 2) May 14th, Monday
      -Centrale Voyages bus to Yaounde departs Boulevard du Presidente Ahmadou Ahidjo, near Place Ahmadou, just east of the center @0700 and arrived Yaounde @10am. Price=$15.
      -Alliance Voyages bus departs Yaounde to Batouri -6 hours, Price=$10. Passing throught the Towns of Awa , Ayos , and many little villages, beautiful Landscapes , local markets , local people and houses .
      -Accomodation @Bertoua-Hotel de L'Est, Poste Centrale Rond-point; tel 224-23-42/951-58-93, Price=$19/room.

Day 3) May 15th, Tuesday
      -Bus from Bertoua to Yokadouma, Price=$10, length is 6 hours, passing through the Towns of Batouri , Gari - Gombo, -Accomodation @Yokadouma , Elephant Hotel, Price=$19/room, tel. 224-20-77.
      -Arrange provisions for Congo.

Day 4) May 16th, Wednesday
      -Arrange bus or bush taxi to Libongo. Take a motorised pirgoue down the mighty Sangha River to Bomassa in the Republic of Congo and Noua`balé-Ndoki National Park. Price of pirogue=$150.

Day 5) May 17th, Thursday
      -From Bomassa transfer to a smaller pirogue by vehicle 1 hour driving and then go up the Mbeli River to Mbeli Camp approximately 1 hour, situated in the heart of the rainforest. Walk to Mbele camp is 3-4 kms. Overnight Mbeli Camp.

-This will be the base to explore sorrounding forest, track gorillas, visit baaka villages.The day will be spent at Mbeli Bai. .

-Visit At Mbeli Bai (3-4 km walk). Possibly see gorillas, chimps, elephants, leopards, and more.
      Day 6) May 18th, Friday

-Stay in Mbeli Camp, and track gorillas, trek in the rainforest. Price=$50/Day

Day 7) May 19th, Saturday
      -Mbeli camp to Guga Camp. After breakfast around 7:30 at Mbeli Camp, depart on foot for the river port and then upriver for about 3 hours to Guga Camp. Lots of chimps in this area. Price=$50/Day

Day 8) May 20th, Sunday
      -Stay in Guga Camp and track animals and explore area. Price =$50/Day

Day 9) May 21st, Monday
      -Depart Guga Camp to Guga Bai and back to Mbeli camp. Get to Guga Bai about 10:30. There was not anything in the Bai. Price=$50/Day
      -Take boat to Mbeli camp. At Mbeli port walk the 3 km to Mbeli camp.

Day 10) May 22nd, Tuesday
      -Depart Mbeli to Bomassa. Walk the 3 km to the port and take boat 1 hour to vehicle at Bomassa Port. Take vehicle 1 hour to Bomassa. Price=$50/Day
      -Accomodation in Bomassa

Day 11) May 23rd, Wednesday
      -Return to Bomassa transfer from Mbeli River and to Yokadouma by motorized boat. Price of pirogue=$150.

--Accomodation @Yokadouma , Elephant Hotel, Price=$19/room, tel. 224-20-77.

Day 12) May 24th, Thursday

-Return to Bertoua via bus or taxi. Price=$10
      -Accomodation @Bertoua-Hotel de L'Est, Poste Centrale Rond-point; tel 224-23-42/951-58-93, Price=$19/room.

Day 13) May 25th, Friday
      -Return to Douala via bus or taxi. Price=$10
      --Accomodation @German Seaman's Mission/Foyer du Marin, BP 5194; Rue Gallieni, off Rue Joffre, Akwa; tel. 342-27-94, email:douala@seamannsmission.org. Price=$39/night for a triple room.
      Day 14) May 26th, Saturday
      -Free Day-May be spent returning from the Nouabalé-Ndoki National Park depending on whether we spend an additional day in the National Park or if we are delayed on our return.
      -Pending our return to Douala on this day we will visit the beaches west of Limbe. 1 hour taxi from Douala, Price=$10/Each way.
      -Accomodation: Seme New Beach Hotel, Sonara Road, our@camnet.cm, Price=$37/Night. Hotel is located on the beach and has a natural rock spring pool for swimming.

Day 15) May 27th, Sunday
      -Relax on beach and sorrounding areas of Seme New Beach Hotel during the day, and visit Bomana Falls.
      -Return to Douala by taxi to airport. Price=$20.
      Airline Itinerary for All: Depart Douala at 10:40 PM.

Thanks
      Matt

• Congo

Republic of Congo Jan 9, 2007 at 1:04 PM

I am comeing to Congo soon and also to Brazzaville and I
      was wandering If anyone could tell me how the prices are in Brazzaville(hotels,food
      and so on)and how the trasportation is?I am also planning to travel up north to impfondo and epena,how are things there?

• Renting accomodation for a month

Brazzaville Apr 12, 2005 at 7:35 AM

Does anyone know if it's possible to rent secure (and reasonably priced) accomodation in Brazzaville for approx one month this summer? Any ideas at all would be appreciated!

1 Answer May 14, 2005 at 6:23 PM
    • Madasabull's Profile Photo

UM BONGO

Republic of Congo Feb 3, 2004 at 2:54 AM

I am thinking of visiting the Congo, and the apes are a must. I will go next year, so have plenty of time to plan. I will be travelling alone, and do not speak the lingo, but will learn some. Which Congo is the safest, and which would be the most rewarding. Can you also advice me on tours or operators on landing, where ever that might be. I was in the Amazon in April, and have desided to visit lots of rainforest, and the Congo is next on my list. Thanks. Steve

• safe rought

Republic of Congo Oct 11, 2003 at 7:23 AM

i am wishing to travel to South Africa (home) by 4x4 starting form the U.K. i am wondering on any inforamtion on a safe rought, this is becoming a problem due to un safe areas. I am traveling with friends and my main concern is saftey. can any one please help.

6 Answers Oct 11, 2003 at 6:04 PM
    • makondagracia's Profile Photo

tell me about New-York please?

Republic of Congo Jul 10, 2003 at 3:30 AM

If you leave in New-York, what can you tell me about this city? I speake a litle bit english plese, use a basic vocabulaire.

4 Answers Jul 10, 2003 at 7:30 AM