Republic of Congo Travel Answers

change location

Congo Visa

by themask Online Now Oct 25, 2010 at 7:47 PM

I am a Philippine national and has some bussiness matter to be attend in Congo. My problem is, there is not much information available on the web regarding the visa application and there is no embassy in Manila. Will someone help on where to locate the nearest embassy in Philippines and if there is someone who knows the visa requirements? I appreciate your response.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • alza's Profile Photo

Re: Congo Visa

by alza Online Now Oct 25, 2010 at 10:11 PM

If you mean the Democratic Republic of the Congo, aka Congo-Kinshasa, formerly Zaïre, capital: Kinshasa, the link below shows that it is represented by an Embassy in New Delhi, India; and by a Consulate in Singapore.
    I hope those ARE the closest locations to the Philippines, I really don't know... and I hope the link is up-to-date. You can try emailing to enquire:

newasia-singapore.com/embass...

(NOTE: I later found another website from Congo-Kinshasa which did NOT indicate a Consulate in Singapore, but DID show one in Hong Kong...)

For the Republic of the Congo, aka Congo-Brazzaville, capital: Brazzaville, all I saw for representation close to the Philippines was an Embassy in Beijing, China. You can try emailing there too:

newasia-singapore.com/embass...

It seems extremely complicated... If I were a Philippine national, I would enquire with my own government, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, about doing business with and in the Congo, and about how to obtain the required visas for travel to the Congo. Make sure you name the right country as your destination, Congo-Kinshasa or Congo-Brazzaville. Good luck!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Odinnthor's Profile Photo

Re: Congo Visa

by Odinnthor Online Now Oct 25, 2010 at 11:54 PM

It may not be as difficult as it sems. Here is some information for you.

ambardcusa.org/Visaapplicati...

myvisapassport.com/Visa-Demo...

travisa.com/CongoDR/CongoDRp...

Good luck and watch your back!....d:o)

• Re: Congo Visa

by themask Online Now Oct 28, 2010 at 6:49 PM

Hi Alza thanks for the reply. The place is Congo Bravazille. I hve checked the embassy in China, but seems no one can speak english and asked me to come over instead.

I seen an embassy in Pretoria, South Africa,but they don't have an email address. I am thinking of flying to South africa, apply for Congo visa and fly to Bravazille, once got the visa. Anyone, know if this is possible? I need to know though the email embassy email address. Does anyone has the info?

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Republic of Congo Travel Answer Locations