Republic of Congo Travel Answers

change location

safe rought

by flicksie Online Now Oct 11, 2003 at 7:23 AM

i am wishing to travel to South Africa (home) by 4x4 starting form the U.K. i am wondering on any inforamtion on a safe rought, this is becoming a problem due to un safe areas. I am traveling with friends and my main concern is saftey. can any one please help.

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • Dumpymotel's Profile Photo

Re: safe rought

by Dumpymotel Online Now Oct 11, 2003 at 7:26 AM

I want to hear answers to this one....

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Re: safe rought

by flicksie Online Now Oct 11, 2003 at 7:53 AM

when i find out brew i'll let you know

• rslyons99's Profile Photo

by rslyons99 Online Now Oct 11, 2003 at 10:33 AM

I met a guy this summer who had driven a motorcycle from Germany to Mozambique. He'd gone through eastern Europe, Syria, Jordan, Egypt, Sudan, Ethiopia, and then down. He'd also taken a year to do it. The only tough area to get through was Sudan, and he just cut into Ethiopia at the first opportunity (and reported that Sudan had been his favority country so far!). As far as I know the western route is still closed. Border crossings in Mauritania and Algeria are not open, and there may not even be a road anymore through the Congo, but I don't know for sure. In any case, good luck!!

• Re: Re: safe rought

by Ivan_Jimenez Online Now Oct 11, 2003 at 10:37 AM

I suggest you visit my external site... www.horizonsunlimited.com For overland trips and routes this is the very best source of info.

• safardreams's Profile Photo

by safardreams Online Now Oct 11, 2003 at 6:00 PM

Hi, try to find tour ops that do work there. I don't believe it's that safe there for self drive. I am not crazy about that kind of tour anyway. You need someone to take you around that knows the place and be able to spot things. Also you will need free hands and eyes to take pics. But if you could hook up with a org. group or tour that would be better. Thats my way of thinking, any way.. Good luck, David

• safardreams's Profile Photo

by safardreams Online Now Oct 11, 2003 at 6:04 PM

Hi again,last I found out about that place. There were trying to study and habituate gorillas there for visitors. That would be great for you to go visit them. The more that people want to go visit,. The longer they will SURVIVE!! Try to do some research on this. It is very important if your going to be there anyway. Cheers, david

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Republic of Congo Travel Answer Locations