Repentigny

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Need an email contact for a hostel

Montreal 5 hours ago

I posted this week, got a notification I had 2 replies. When I accessed I see no reply and even my post (question) is gone! Why on earth.....?

Anyhow, here goes again.

I need an email for Aubergue Saint Paul in 339 St Paul, (Vieux) Montreal. 438-386-1339.

Can someone reply, I'd appreciate if you could send me a PM, in case this post vanishes again.
      Thanks so much!!!

more
    • Tourist to Montreal loss back pack

Montreal Jul 14, 2015 at 8:35 PM

I loss a back pack in the eating area across from Premiere Moisson on 895 rue de la Gauchetiere in the Gare Centrale. What methods would I hope to find it back? Thank you. V/R, Ryan

more
    • Travelling from Gaspe to Bathurst in New Brunswick via Bus ?

Gaspé Jul 6, 2015 at 1:29 PM

Hi,
      I am travelling to Gaspe airport (YGP) from Toronto (YYZ) via Air Canada. Once I reach Gaspe I intend to travel in a rental car to New Brunswick, PEI, Cape Breton. The whole trip is around 10 days long.
      I checked with the rental car companies and the province of Quebec has per Km pricing and no kms are free.
      Hence I need to move out of Quebec and then rent a car preferably in the province of New Brunswick (Bathurst or Moncton) for the entire trip.
      Can some one please help me in this regard. How do i travel out of Gaspe via a Bus or any other means to Bathurst in New Brunswick ?
      Moreover if someone knows of any rental agency in Gaspe, QC that charges just like in the province of Ontario pls do let me know ?

more
    • Transport in Quebec City

Quebec Jul 11, 2015 at 6:37 AM

Does the Quebec City HOHO bus operate between Oct 19th and 22nd? Does the Ecolobus operate at all now? We will be visiting Quebec City on these dates and would like to visit the usual tourist destinations. In neither of these will be available what options (walking is difficult for one of our group) are there? Many thanks!

more
    • Use of English outside of the big cities

Quebec Jul 10, 2015 at 4:07 AM

An American friend, who doesn't speak any French, who does a lot of travel withing Quebec as part of his job, told me that he used to run into hostility from merchants and the public in general in Quebec, outside of Montreal and Quebec City, when he'd ask questions in English. He said he learned a trick to solve the problem. When he enters a store, he starts off by saying, "Habla Espanol?" then "Sprechen sie Deutch?". While the locals typically don't speak Spanish or German, they assume that the person is not American and not an English speaking Canadian.
      Then, with a fake accent, he says "Do you speak English?". Usually the merchant is then relieved, and delighted to speak English. Apparently anti-English resentment is not really against the English language, but against Americans and Canadians who take it for granted that everyone should speak English.
      Has this worked for any of you?

more