Rennes

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• New Year's Eve in Rennes

by mh50 Online Now Dec 15, 2014 at 9:52 AM

Hello. I am taking my partner as a surprise for New Year to France and we are arriving in Rennes early-mid afternoon on the 31st. We are staying in an apartment, so as to give us a choice over eating in or dining out.
      A few questions, therefore :

1) We are arriving in to Dinard airport on the morning of the 31st – what is the best way to get from the airport to Rennes ? I understand there is a bus from Pleurtuit or are we better getting the train from St Malo ?
      2) What time are shops open on the 31st (in case we need to buy groceries to cook our dinner that evening) ?
      3) Will restaurants be very busy (as it is New Year’s Eve) and should we therefore book in advance ? (Also : any recommendations ?)
      4) What should we seek out (and what should we avoid ?!?) as midnight strikes ?
      5) Any other suggestions or thoughts on what we should see or do.
      Very many thanks in advance.

more
    • New Year's Eve in Rennes

by mh50 Online Now Dec 15, 2014 at 9:52 AM

Hello. I am taking my partner as a surprise for New Year to France and we are arriving in Rennes early-mid afternoon on the 31st. We are staying in an apartment, so as to give us a choice over eating in or dining out.
      A few questions, therefore :

1) We are arriving in to Dinard airport on the morning of the 31st – what is the best way to get from the airport to Rennes ? I understand there is a bus from Pleurtuit or are we better getting the train from St Malo ?
      2) What time are shops open on the 31st (in case we need to buy groceries to cook our dinner that evening) ?
      3) Will restaurants be very busy (as it is New Year’s Eve) and should we therefore book in advance ? (Also : any recommendations ?)
      4) What should we seek out (and what should we avoid ?!?) as midnight strikes ?
      5) Any other suggestions or thoughts on what we should see or do.
      Very many thanks in advance.

3 Answers Dec 15, 2014 at 11:28 AM
    • Parking for railway station

by CMBG Online Now Aug 10, 2014 at 2:20 PM

we are travelling by train for a day and need a good place to park, should we use the car park off Boulevard Solferino?

Thank you

1 Answer Aug 11, 2014 at 12:11 AM
    • from the Renne airport in Kankal

by olyashechka Online Now Jul 14, 2014 at 9:27 PM

I have a question. How to reach from the Renne airport in Kankal?

4 Answers Jul 15, 2014 at 12:32 PM
    • Get To Paris?

by RealDavidTurnbull Online Now Jun 23, 2013 at 11:23 AM

I'm in Rennes at the moment and want to arrive in Paris in the morning on July 1st if possible. I know there's the train, and the Eurolines bus, but are there any other options? I'm looking for the best mix of price and arrival time.

)

2 Answers Jun 23, 2013 at 6:06 PM
    • Wedding help

by helenabereen Online Now Nov 30, 2011 at 7:07 AM

My partener and myself are hoping to go to his daughters wedding in Brittany next August.He has MS and walks with a triangular walking aide We are in our 60's but are quite fit otherwise. We have booked to fly into Rennes airport from Dublin on the 7th August 2012 and are staying in theNovotel Thaiassa hotel in Dinard as the wedding is near Dinard inLePontbriand. Could someone suggest the best means of transport
      for us. Thanking you

4 Answers Dec 1, 2011 at 12:41 PM
    • Rennes to Brest

by OzzieJeyda11 Online Now Oct 31, 2011 at 3:33 AM

Can anyone help?
      I am flying into Rennes Airport and then getting the train from Rennes train station to Brest,How far is the airport to the train station? Is there a sevice from the airport which will take you the train station?

2 Answers Oct 31, 2011 at 11:22 AM
    • Mont St Michel/Versailles/Paris

by hsiang Online Now Dec 16, 2010 at 7:30 AM

Hi, need help in planning a better route as we'll be flying in from Bergen, Norway to Orly airport noon arrival in May 2011 and would like to visit Mt St Michel, Versailles and Paris in about 4 days.
      Was thinking of staying in Paris and take train/bus to Rennes/Mt St Michel, back to Paris and the next day from Paris to Versailles and back to Paris again. But it seems that we will spend lots of time traveling~
      Is there any recommended way instead of departing and going back to Paris for 2 continuous days?
      Thank you...

6 Answers Dec 30, 2010 at 11:04 PM
    • Family friendly resturant in Rennes

by hunch Online Now Aug 12, 2010 at 11:23 AM

Hi, I'll be catching the train from Rennes on Sunday evening and was looking for a family friendly restaurant I can take the wife + 4 young kids before hand. I noticed there were a selection of bars/resturant across the plaza from the station, but was wondering if anyone new of other places near by - Cheap is very good :-) and a bonus if they have any items suitable for my Veggie wife.

Thanks for any help

• travel for disabled people

by cmci3288 Online Now Jul 4, 2010 at 3:22 PM

I am a wheelchair user travelling to Rennes on holiday. Are the bus and tram services fully accessible to me and are there any points/information I need to be aware of.
      Regards
      Charlie

• Travel

by reesh Online Now May 31, 2010 at 3:43 AM

I am flying to Rennes, and wish to travel on to La Roche-Bernard, by public transport.

What is the most convenient and economical means of so doing?

Thanks

Howard

• madcitygirl's Profile Photo

Getting from Rennes to St Malo

by madcitygirl Online Now Apr 28, 2010 at 3:49 PM

We are flying into Paris then taking the fast train to Rennes, then we want to go onto St Malo. The reason we are doing this is because after my husband's conference in St Malo, we want to be able to go back and visit Paris for a few days. So, my question is, what is the best way of getting from Rennes to St. Malo?

Thank you!

Melissa

1 Answer Apr 28, 2010 at 8:10 PM
    • Travel

by moragmac Online Now Oct 19, 2009 at 12:50 PM

We are flying in to Rennes and then to Vannes. Is it better to get a bus or a train. Is there a bus from the airport.

Morag MacDonald

1 Answer Oct 19, 2009 at 2:57 PM
    • rennes to la meziere

by piadelacruz Online Now Jul 29, 2009 at 1:41 PM

i am traveling from rennes train station to la meziere. what is the best transportation do you recommend? i know the cab will be very pricey and the bus might not let me on with a 22 kg suitcase. any suggestions?

1 Answer Jul 30, 2009 at 2:20 AM
    • Bus to and from St. Michel

by rchitekt Online Now Jun 22, 2009 at 7:19 AM

I have seen the timetable for a bus to the Mont St. Michel from Rennes. But it shows only upto August 30. I will be in Rennes on September 29 around 10:30 in the morning. Will there be a bus to go the Mont?

I want to come back to Rennes next morning to catch a train to Paris around 11 am. Will there be a bus which will bring me back to catch that train ?

What will be the weather around that time of the year? What is the best spot to photograph the Mont at sunset or sunrise?

3 Answers Jun 22, 2009 at 3:28 PM
    • Renne to Auray - Buses

by SteveTomlinson Online Now Apr 27, 2009 at 5:43 AM

Hello,
      I fly in to Rennes on Saturday 15th august 2009 at 19.00 hrs. Is there a bus that I may take from the airport to Auray that evening or the next day?

Many thanks

Steve

2 Answers Apr 27, 2009 at 10:42 AM
    • MadOlk's Profile Photo

Rennes - Buses to Mt St Michel FRANCE

by MadOlk Online Now Feb 11, 2009 at 9:48 PM

Hi travel buddies,

are there frequent buses to Mt St Michel from Rennes? and how long is the journey?

Thanks Mad

3 Answers Mar 31, 2009 at 10:34 AM
    • MadOlk's Profile Photo

Rennes? Le Mans? Chartres?

by MadOlk Online Now Feb 8, 2009 at 7:04 PM

Hi there all!

We have three spare days after our Visit to Mt St Michel, 4 ladies travelling (I'm in charge, so I want to impress) would you recommend to stay in Rennes, Lemans or Chartres for these days, which is prettier or has a nice atmosphere? It will be early August...

thanks Madeleine

3 Answers Feb 9, 2009 at 3:33 AM
    • PFrankH's Profile Photo

How do I get From Nantes Airport to Rennes by Public Transport

by PFrankH Online Now Nov 24, 2007 at 5:30 PM

I need to get to Rennes by public Transport on Sun.9th Dec 2007 from Nantes Atlantique.....can anyone help please

3 Answers Nov 25, 2007 at 4:05 PM
    • Is there anything to do in rennes?

by amckenzie Online Now Jun 26, 2007 at 7:59 AM

hi am learning french here in rennes but can't find much to do in the evenings. any tips on where to go \ what to do here? bars, clubs, live music etc.? just seems quiet and rainy so far...

1 Answer Jul 28, 2007 at 7:37 AM
    • Travel

by AnneCam Online Now Jul 20, 2006 at 7:47 AM

I have limited time to get from Rennes train station to Rennes airport. Can anyone give me advise e.g. is there a particular entrance or is there a shuttle service to the airport and if so from which exit?

2 Answers Jul 20, 2006 at 11:10 AM
    • goforchris's Profile Photo

Finding my rental car! - supplementary

by goforchris Online Now Jun 24, 2006 at 9:38 AM

I now have a street name for where I've to pick the car up : No12 avenue Brebant., Rennes (near the Gare TGV) It doesn't appear on any of the maps I have, nor on Google Earth. Anyone know where this is?

2 Answers Aug 1, 2006 at 7:42 AM
    • goforchris's Profile Photo

Finding my rental car!

by goforchris Online Now Jun 23, 2006 at 10:15 AM

I have been told by Hertz that as I am arriving at the TGV station in Rennes after office hours I will have to collect my hire car from a Shell station near the rail station - they think about 100m. So far they haven't told me what street it is in. Does anyone know where this petrol station is?

1 Answer Jun 23, 2006 at 6:48 PM
    • oska's Profile Photo

from Rennes to St Malo

by oska Online Now Jul 4, 2005 at 10:46 AM

Do you have any idea how to move to Rennes to St Malo by night? I'll be in Rennes at 10.00 pm and the last train leaves at 21.50 :( I have to be in St. Malo at 7.00am to catch a ferry. Maybe buses? Are the cabs very expensive by night? This is a 70 km distance, so I'm afraid I won't afford it. I'll be grateful for any information.

2 Answers Jul 6, 2005 at 4:53 AM
    • Canadian_Traveler's Profile Photo

Rennes for 3-4 days for business - ideas of what to see or do?

by Canadian_Traveler Online Now Mar 2, 2005 at 3:11 PM

Hi!

I will be in Rennes for 3-4 days for business next week. I would like some suggestions for what to see & do. Though I absolutely love Paris, I will be traveling alone and would prefer to see some of the places near Rennes. I prefer train travel.

Any suggestions?

2 Answers Mar 3, 2005 at 12:02 AM
    • vpbebe's Profile Photo

paris to rennes?

by vpbebe Online Now Sep 2, 2004 at 3:06 PM

hi just wondering can anyone help me. im flying into paris from ireland at the beginning of november. i was wondering how would i get to rennes from charles du gaulle airport or from beauvais airport? which one would be handier for me to fly too?thanks ps how much roughly will it cost to travel from the airports to rennes?

5 Answers Mar 21, 2006 at 11:45 AM
    • Shopping in Rennes

by Allie14 Online Now Aug 25, 2004 at 12:10 AM

Does anyone has any suggestions for shopping in Rennes, especially for clothes and toys?? I know there are some hypermarkets, are they in the centre or easily accessible by bus or metro? Thanks

• Hotel Le Bretagne

by Allie14 Online Now Aug 19, 2004 at 4:26 AM

Hello, It's me again. I thought again about my budget and almost doubled it so now I'm seriously considering Hotel Le Bretagne which is a two star hotel just across the train station, where I think there's also the underground station. They have a nice website and there are photos of the hotel and the rooms which look fine. Has any one been to the Le Bretagne before? Thanks

1 Answer Dec 12, 2005 at 5:26 PM
    • Rennes Accomodation

by Allie14 Online Now Aug 18, 2004 at 4:13 AM

As I said in my last question, I am looking for budget accomodation in Rennes. I would prefer to stay in the Centre or close to a metro point. Has any one been to the Le Marechal Joffre Hotel, the De Leon Hotel or The D'Angleterre Hotel?? I found them in a booklet from the tourist office and on various websites but there aren't any photos any where. What I am looking for is a simple but clean room. Thanks every one

1 Answer Aug 18, 2004 at 9:15 PM
    • Rennes - Accomodation

by Allie14 Online Now Aug 18, 2004 at 1:08 AM

I am going to Rennes for 5 days next December. I am looking for an economic hotel as I have a budget of about 25EUros per night. Does anyone have any idea where I could stay? Thanks

2 Answers Aug 19, 2004 at 4:42 PM
    • dedrellys's Profile Photo

lodging nr train station

by dedrellys Online Now Aug 15, 2004 at 12:18 PM

i'm looking for a couple nights reasonable lodging, nonsmoking, nr the Rennes train station, in middle October. I may be traveling with my father, as well as my husband so need a room that sleeps three or two rooms. Does anyone know the Campanille, the Mercurey or the Ibis -- all recommended by my uncle who visits there regularly -- the reviews don't look promising. thanks!

6 Answers Mar 21, 2006 at 11:55 AM