Reims Travel Answers

change location

Reims to Amsterdam

by MichaelRussin Online Now Jul 14, 2006 at 4:43 AM

We would appreciate the following information PLEASE:
What is the best way to get from Reims to Amsterdam? Train or Plane? Please provide details and cost?
We are spending 4 nites in Reims the last week of September. What is the weather like around that time?
What are the best hotels for around 70 - 100 euros and their position?
Thanks for any suggestions.
Regards
Mike (From Australia)

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • qaminari's Profile Photo

RE: Reims to Amsterdam

by qaminari Online Now Jul 14, 2006 at 5:50 AM

I read that Reims-Champagne Airport had closed down so don't know how this airline is now operating, but there were no direct flights to Amsterdam from there anyway so you would probably have had to go via Paris: airturquoise.com/page-home.h...
    By train the journey would be, for example:
    Dep. Reims 08:12, arr. Paris Est 09:53
    Walk 800m from Gare de l'Est to Gare du Nord
    Dep. Paris Nord 10:55, arr. Bruxelles Midi/Brussel Zuid 12:20 (Thalys)
    Dep. Bruxelles Midi/Brussel Zuid 12:37, arr. Amsterdam Centraal 15:41 (Intercity)
    There are also Thalys trains between Brussels and Amsterdam but they are more expensive and not worth it because only 10 minutes faster (no high speed track!). However you no longer have the choice between Paris and Brussels, apparently all trains are now the expensive but high-speed Thalys.
    You should look on the SNCF website as you are starting your journey in France, and presumably it will give you the cost (I looked at the Belgian Railways site, which can't give cost for journeys starting outside Belgium).
    I can't answer the rest of your questions (anyway, are you asking about hotels in Reims or Amsterdam or both?). Weather forecasting is getting to be extremely difficult, September can be quite nice or it can be rainy, temperature could be anything between 10 and 20-odd°C! Bring layers.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Beausoleil's Profile Photo

RE: Reims to Amsterdam

by Beausoleil Online Now Jul 14, 2006 at 9:23 PM

The SNCF web site mentioned above is http://www.voyages-sncf.com/

Type Reims into the VT search window above for a Destination search. That will bring you to a plethora of Hotel and Accomodations Tips. You can check as many or as few as you like. These are all member tips so presumably the people writing them have stayed in these hotels.

You an also do a hotel search on Trip Advisor at http://www.tripadvisor.com/

http://www.france.com is also worth a search for hotels. That's the one we use and it also has reviews by people who have stayed in the hotels. They come in all price ranges.

• RE: RE: Reims to Amsterdam

by jebella Online Now Jul 26, 2006 at 12:58 PM

Hello,

As I'm currently living in Reims, I can give you some tips.
    I confirm you that the airport doesn't exist anymore, so you'll have to take the train till Paris & then a shuttle to the airport.
    Concerning the hotels, you should take an hotel situated in the main square (Place d'Erlon) of Reims. Just type 'Hotel Place d'Erlon - Reims' & you'll have some answers. There, you'll find many restaurants, bars. If you have a good budget, maybe you should try 'La Taverne de Maitre Kanter' (seafoods & typical french meals...). If you look for something cheaper, try 'La Taverne des 3 brasseurs' (great beer, typical french pies...).
    Next to the station, there's an hotel called Hotel Ibis, belongig to Accor Group. It's situated near the famous Place d'Erlon. You should be able to book a room on their website.

If you have more questions to ask, don't hesitate

Jérôme

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines