Travel Answers
Región del Maule

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Ferrocarril Tacna-Arica train timetable (Ferrocarril Tacna-Arica calendario)

Arica 43 minutes ago

Hi everyone.

I plan to take this train from Arica (Chile) to Tacna (Peru).

Is this train route still in operation? If so, what is the timetable?

Thanks,

more
    • mggm59's Profile Photo

Best side of the Andes

Chile Mar 1, 2015 at 12:11 PM

I am planning a trip by car in October-November in Argentina and Chile, and I am thinking of arriving to Cueva de las Manos from Peninsula Valdez and then drive north to Atacama, passing by Barilloche et Mendoza on the Argenitina side and Puerto Montt and Santiago on the Chilean side.
      The doubt is whether it is nicer to drive between Cueva de las manis and Barilloche on the Argentinean side and then cross in to Chile, or to cross into Chile south and then enter Barilloche area and tour it.

Then I have the same doubt, i.e. is there anything worth seeing between Barilloche and Mendoza, or is it better to go back to Chile and drive to Santiago and then go to Mendoza from there.

I am quite experienced in driving in Argentina, having already driven more than 10.000km there in the north and extreme south, and given the cost of car drop-off, I am not interested in using planes or other means of transport, except maybe to cross the lakes (but is it possible to take the car across to Chile that way or is it only for pedestrians?)

more

Popular Región del Maule Travel Answer Locations

• yvr's Profile Photo

TerraSur Railcar - Branch Line

Talca May 10, 2011 at 5:40 PM

I am thinking of taking the TerraSur Railcar from Talca to Constitcion and back to Talca. Has anyone experienced this trip and if so is it worth a day trip?

• Need information about Talca Area

Talca Dec 4, 2007 at 5:52 PM

My Husband and I and another couple are planning on being in the Talca area the first week of March. It was our intention to spend some time at the Thermas Quinamavida Spa. Of course this will be more enjoyable for the females than the males so we need something for the husbands to do. My husband is very interested in fishing and I noticed that there are a number of rivers and streams around as well as a lake or two. I wondered if there is any fishing in the area at that time of year? Are there any good fishing guides and is it necessary to have a fishing guide? Where do you get a fishing license? Cost? etc? The other husband is interested in bodegas. I understand that this is the heart of wine country so are there great places for him to visit or for us all to visit together. Do any of them have accomodations as well? Is the spa a terrific place or are their other places that the locals think are better? and finally why do all the hotels say that there is no availability on the 4th and 5th of March is something spectacular going on at that time? I would appreciate any help that anyone can give us. Thanks a million. Carolyn

2 Answers Dec 9, 2007 at 5:57 PM
    • Talca

Talca Apr 23, 2007 at 10:28 PM

Hi! I'll be going to Talca in mid-June for about a month to do research for my Mater's thesis. Anyone know anywhere I could do a homestay? Or maybe a decent hostel where you can eat with the family running the place? Or anything at all about Talca at all since there are no other postings for this city... Thanks!

4 Answers May 20, 2007 at 1:33 PM