change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• almanso's Profile Photo

what to do travelling with a 2 year old

Concepción Apr 3, 2014 at 8:28 AM

Hi, I just booked a trip to Concepcion (friday afternoon to sunday afternoon) and i'm travelling with wife and 2 year old son. i've seen that there is a big park with waterfalls within the city, the famous ship Huascar and the university area to visit.
      would you recommend any other place in the city or around that would be worth a visit (with a 2 year old)?
      i can see that the best recommendation to eat is in the marlet or around it.
      any bad areas in concepcion to avoid? any nice areas to book the hotel?
      Thanks!

more
    • Buses from Salta to San Pedro

San Pedro de Atacama Apr 11, 2014 at 9:06 PM

Are there any comfortable air conditioned buses with leg room travelling from Salta to San Pedro? I know there is 1 restroom on the bus, but do they make frequent stops to stretch your legs and stop for a bite to eat and use their restrooms? It looks like it take 12- 14 hours? How much do the buses cost and which one would you recommend? Thanks.

Larra

more
    • storyin's Profile Photo

local jewellery shop, artist?

Punta Arenas Apr 3, 2014 at 6:11 AM

Hola,
      Is there any special, nice local jeweller, jewelry shop in Punta arenas?

Please recommend me, I would like to visit and buy something.

Gracias.

more
    • Trekking the W route in late April

Torres del Paine Apr 3, 2014 at 8:40 AM

Hi,
      I am a solo traveller looking to trek the W route from 24-28th April and wanted to ask if it is best to book refugios in advance? Many of them seem to have finished for the season (or floes on the 30April) and it's hard to see what I will need to book. Do you think it is possible to book everything in Puerto Natales? Or is it better to book some in advance and risk only a few? I am happy to camp if that is the only option but would prefer a basic bed if possible.

Also this is at the beginning of a three moth trip and I will have a very large travel ruck sack. Is there somewhere where you can store bags before entering the park?

Help and tips much appreciated especially from anyone who has done this trip solo.
      Thanks! Vicky

more
    • resturants

Arica Mar 27, 2014 at 1:00 PM

what are some names of restaurants in Arica Chile?

more
    • Is isla herschel sefty !?

Isla Herschel Apr 15, 2014 at 7:56 AM

Hello everyone :)
      Just I want to ask if its sefty ?
      And is there good places to visit?

Thank you ..

more
    • Earthquake info

Iquique Apr 1, 2014 at 5:41 PM

M8.0 earthquake- 83km NW of Iquique,
      What is happening there? Are things ok?
      Can info from here in Canada be of any help?

more
    • Self-Drive to Uyuni?

San Pedro de Atacama Mar 30, 2014 at 8:31 AM

Hi, my friend and I will be in San Pedro de Atacama for only four days. We would like to make a trip to the Salar de Uyuni and to stay in the Palacio de Sal, but we don't have time to take the usual 3 day tour. We will have a rental car while in Atacama. Is it possible for us to drive ourselves to the Salar de Uyuni from San Pedro or Calama? (Assuming we can sort out the legal details with the rental company.) Meaning can the drive be reasonably done in one day and back the next day? Are the roads relatively passable? If we don't have a satellite phone, are we likely to die a slow and painful death?

more
    • 24 hours in santiago

Santiago Apr 4, 2014 at 6:45 AM

We arrive from Sydney into Santiago for just 24 hours before be catch a connecting flight to Peru. Where is bets to stay that is near the airport but still near the city that we can enjoy and explore for the day ?

Would downtown be a good idea ?

more
    • Safety travelling in Chile

Chile Yesterday

Is Chile a safe place to visit?

more
    • Weekend bus schedule

Valparaíso Jan 8, 2014 at 6:23 AM

Do buses run as frequently on Saturday or Sunday between Santiago and Valparaiso as during the weekdays?

4 Answers Jan 8, 2014 at 11:27 AM
    • Limo transport Valparaiso to Santiago

Valparaíso Oct 29, 2013 at 4:59 AM

I need point to point limo transfer, from the B&B where I'll be staying in Valparaiso to a hotel in Santiago.

2 Answers Oct 29, 2013 at 1:15 PM
    • Valparaiso post cruise

Valparaíso Oct 15, 2013 at 5:09 PM

ho to arrange Valparaiso post cruise tour+hotel+transfer package for two
      Jawn 8, 2013 AM arrival Valparaiso port arrival
      jJan 10, 2013 santiago airport in morning departure
      thanks,
      jagan

1 Answer Nov 29, 2013 at 3:54 AM
    • Transfer to Valparaiso from Santiago Airport

Valparaíso Sep 29, 2013 at 10:41 PM

Hi. My flight arrives into Santiago airport at midnight. I am travelling alone. What would be best way to get direct to a hotel in Valparaiso at a reasonable cost. Any assistance much appreciated! How much should I expect to pay? Thanks...

5 Answers Oct 1, 2013 at 11:58 PM
    • diana_renou's Profile Photo

How to get Manoir Atkinson hotel from the buses station?

Valparaíso Sep 22, 2013 at 12:33 PM

How to get Manoir Atkinson hotel from the buses station? it is far to the funicular? Many thanks for any advice!!!

2 Answers Oct 8, 2013 at 2:08 PM
    • Tour from Valpraiso port to Santiago

Valparaíso Sep 2, 2013 at 7:58 PM

We (2) will need transport from our 1/18/14 disembarkation Princess cruise port to our Santiago hotel. What are the options/costs/lengths of tours as we will have our luggage with us? We would like to see some major sites in both cities. Thank you - Pat

3 Answers Sep 3, 2013 at 3:36 AM
    • Foxee's Profile Photo

Tansport from Cruise Port to Airport Santiago

Valparaíso Aug 1, 2013 at 7:13 AM

How long does it take to clear customs at the Cruise terminal , get to the airport in Santiago and cost by taxi or private car. Can anyone help with an address for a taxi or private car service. Thanks

4 Answers Aug 4, 2013 at 4:25 PM
    • CHECK LUGGAGE FROM PORT

Valparaíso Jul 18, 2013 at 9:57 PM

WHERE DO I CHECK MY LUGGAGE CLOSE TO THE BUS STATION TO SANTIAGO
      FROM VALPARAISO?

3 Answers Aug 9, 2013 at 3:46 AM
    • Flying into Chile but staying in Vina del Mar

Viña del Mar Jun 13, 2013 at 3:02 PM

Do I need to rent a car or is it best to hire a taxi? Is it worth having a car in Vina del Mar for only one week? I'm travelling with a senior citizen who doesn't want to drive around; is public transportation good? Is my US driver's license good enough?

4 Answers Nov 29, 2013 at 3:54 AM
    • transportation

Valparaíso Dec 6, 2012 at 12:33 PM

coming to Chile in Feb.2013 and need transportation from Valparaiso ship terminal to central Santiago bus or train?

6 Answers Feb 3, 2013 at 5:05 AM
    • kags06's Profile Photo

Crat Hotel

Valparaíso Sep 6, 2012 at 3:14 PM

Has anyone heard of Crat Hotel in Valparaiso, chile. If so is there a website. I want to find the location on a map. Thank you!

5 Answers Sep 10, 2012 at 5:43 AM
    • Bus Transportation

Valparaíso Jun 13, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Is there bus transportation from Valparaiso Ferry Terminal to RQ Central Suites in Santiago?

2 Answers Jun 16, 2012 at 11:37 AM
    • kags06's Profile Photo

valparaiso hotel

Valparaíso May 26, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Hello, anyone been to Hostal Morgan or in that vicinity. What is there to do in Valparaiso. Does anyone know how to get from a hotel to the cruise terminal?
      Best restuarants to eat at.. Any info would be great!! Thanks!

2 Answers Aug 13, 2012 at 4:31 PM
    • sarahads's Profile Photo

Shuttle Service from Santiago International Airport to Valparaiso

Valparaíso Feb 27, 2012 at 3:34 PM

Is there any good shuttle service from the Santiago International Airport to hotels in Valparaiso?

2 Answers Feb 28, 2012 at 1:21 AM
    • Transportation

Valparaíso Feb 19, 2012 at 11:12 AM

Group of 5.
      1) What is the best method of travel from the Valparaiso Cruise Terminal to the Bus Station.Are there any buses that travel between these points?
      2)What is the cost of bus fare from the Valparaiso Bus Station to Santiago Bus Terminal?
      3)How do we get from the Santiago bus terminal to the Santiago air terminal?
      Would appreciate advice/guidance etc., so that we can plan our trip.
      Thanks!

4 Answers Feb 21, 2012 at 4:11 PM
    • valparaiso

Valparaíso Feb 1, 2012 at 7:20 AM

I would like to travel from the airport in santiago directly to valpairiso
      on a bus is this possible and dose anyone how much it costs?

4 Answers Mar 25, 2012 at 8:28 AM
    • transportation

Valparaíso Oct 19, 2011 at 1:40 PM

we are also on the princess cruise line arriving Jan 7/12-what is the best way
      to get from the cruise ship to downtown Santiago

7 Answers Jan 10, 2012 at 6:08 AM
    • Valparaiso to Con Con

Valparaíso Oct 15, 2011 at 5:03 AM

Hi:

We are on the Princess cruise from Venice to Valparaiso that docks in Valparaiso January 7. We are then heading to Con Con for a week. What is the easiest way to get from the cruise ship port to Con Con. We are willing to share the cost of a mini bus with anyone else who may be heading the same way.

Sean

3 Answers Oct 15, 2011 at 2:17 PM
    • Cruise from Valparaiso to BsAs

Valparaíso Oct 1, 2011 at 3:03 PM

Hello there,

I would like to go on a cruise december this year from Valparaiso to BsAs. I have found one that I like online with Holland America, but I would like to know 1) if for example closer to December the prices might be lower and 2) if I go direct to Valparaiso with a week before I might find last minute offer that is cheaper?

I ve never done a cruise so I don t know how the system work here. Thank you in advance.

5 Answers Oct 2, 2011 at 1:39 AM
    • Is it feasible to walk from the cruise ship to our Valparaiso hotel?

Valparaíso Sep 21, 2011 at 8:19 PM

Our Princess cruise ship docks at Valparaiso on 7 January 2012. Is there a pier where large cruise ships usually dock? Our hotel is a 5-minute walk from the Puerto Metro Station. I can see on a Google map that there is a ship docked not far from the Puerto. Is it feasible to walk from the dock to our hotel pulling our luggage? (We did this in Venice, Italy 2 years ago with no problem.)

5 Answers Sep 22, 2011 at 4:44 PM
    • Will Valpo bus get me to Santiago for 9am flight?

Valparaíso Sep 12, 2011 at 2:01 PM

Hello-I checked forum and couldn't quite find answer. Am planning itinerary to Chile (lvg in a wk).

I know that there are 2 bus companies that go between Valparaiso & Santiago, and I understand they leave earl enough in the morning...but want to make sure. I have a 9am flight (within Chile) and will be in Valparaiso (or Vina) the night before. (1) Will either bus company get me to Santiago in time for my 9am flight (taking into consideration taxi from bus terminal in Santiago to airport); (2) or is there another fairly economical option that doesn't involve even more transfers. I'm willing to pay a bit more than bus fare to make sure to get to airport on time, but don't really want private taxi option.

Thank you!

4 Answers Sep 13, 2011 at 10:41 AM
    • Transfers valparaiso port to Santiago airport

Valparaíso Jun 9, 2011 at 6:53 AM

My wife and I are on the Star Princess (Venice to Santiago) arriving Valparaiso at 5AM on January 7, 2012. Our flight to Miami leaves SCL at 12 noon on the same day. Is anyone willing to share the cost of a Van/Taxi to the Santiago Airport to arrive around 10AM or earlier?

3 Answers Sep 12, 2011 at 11:50 AM
    • Transport from Valparaiso to Mendoza, Argentina

Valparaíso Dec 3, 2010 at 11:37 AM

We are looking, without success at finding ground transportation from Valparaiso (cruise terminal) to Mendoza. So far, neither Chileabout not Viator offer this route. A few other companies have not responded at all, so I guess that's a "no." Being that we'll have quite a bit of luggage, just having come off a cruise, we're trying to avoid taking transportation to Santiago, and then finding a different resource to continue to Mendoza.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

43 Answers Dec 22, 2010 at 9:11 PM
    • transportation from Vina del Mar to Santiago

Viña del Mar Nov 10, 2010 at 5:57 PM

What is the best way to get from our hotel in Vina del Mar to Santiago central, or to Santiago airport? One couple in our group will go directly to the airport, and wants a quick, economical method. The other couple may stay a day or two in the city before leaving the country.
      Many thanks.
      Lynn

2 Answers Nov 11, 2010 at 7:50 PM
    • Transfer from Valparaiso port to Santiago hotel

Valparaíso Sep 1, 2010 at 5:03 PM

Sorry to ask an old question, but we need to get from the port in Valparaiso to our hotel in Santiago early on January 23. We will have just come from a cruise with luggage and we do not want to take a bus. The cruise line only provides a bus transfer to the Santiago airport. Any recommendations for reliable transfer services would be appreciated.

11 Answers Apr 15, 2012 at 11:54 PM
    • santiago to valparaiso

Valparaíso Feb 9, 2010 at 5:25 PM

i am a crew member joining a cruise ship on the 23rd of feb
      i fly into santiago comodoro arturo merino benitez int airport at 1pm on the 23rd and must be on my ship at 4pm. whats the best way to get there? how far is it? how much money do u think i will need for a taxi?

2 Answers Feb 12, 2010 at 7:35 PM
    • day trips from Valparaiso

Región de Valparaíso Feb 7, 2010 at 8:53 PM

I noticed a lot of tour companies advertise day trips to Isla Negra and Pomaire from Santiago. Is it possible for us to do something like this on our own using public transportation from Valparaiso? I see that the Pullman bus goes from Valparaiso to Isla Negra, but is there anything that goes to Pomaire?

Any other suggestions for day trips from Valparaiso that can be done with public transportation? We are already planning to spend some time in the town of Valparaiso and Vina del Mar.

2 Answers Feb 8, 2010 at 7:55 AM
    • taxi

Valparaíso Feb 1, 2010 at 1:58 PM

I'm coming into the port in Valparaiso on the 14th of March. I need a taxi from the port to the Marriott in Santigo. How much should it cost and is it safe. Thank you

6 Answers Feb 6, 2010 at 12:28 AM
    • hotel and transportation before cruise

Valparaíso Jan 21, 2010 at 12:45 PM

The Ncl cruise begins on March 14, 2010. If we arrive one day before, any hotel recommendations? hotels close to the cruise port or hotels in Santiago?
      Thank you for your time.

4 Answers Feb 2, 2010 at 8:23 AM
    • Trasportation from Valparaiso to Santiago

Valparaíso Dec 30, 2009 at 3:10 PM

What is the cheapest and safest way to get to Valparaiso port to Santiago

4 Answers Jan 7, 2010 at 2:40 PM