Región de Valparaíso

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Day tour to San Alfonso del Mar

Algarrobo Dec 15, 2014 at 12:52 AM

We will be visiting Valparaiso, and want to see if we can spend half a day traveling to Algarrobo just to see San Alfonso del Mar's biggest pool in the world, from the outside (I know we are not allowed in). Anybody knows where does the bus stop in Algarrobo (got an address?) will we be able to walk to San Alfonso del Mar? We can take a bus or taxi, but the worry is getting back to the bus station (to take a bus back to Valpo).

Any insight will be greatly appreciated

more
    • Drop off luggage possibility at the cruiseterminal in Valparaiso ?

Valparaíso Dec 6, 2014 at 4:10 AM

Hi,

We arrive by cruise (HAL Zaandam) at 22nd of december and we would like to know if we can drop off our luggage at VPT for halfd a day? So we can visit alparaiso/Vina del Mar.

If not possible to drop off our luggage at VTP is there another area to drop off our luggage?

With kind regards,

Fabian Brochard

more
    • Spending Just A Day

Valparaíso Dec 13, 2014 at 11:37 AM

Have a full day to spend in Valparaiso. Since my interests are in taking pictures of colorful homes and panoramic city views where would you recommend going and how best to get around town?

more
    • Day tour to San Alfonso del Mar

Algarrobo Dec 15, 2014 at 12:52 AM

We will be visiting Valparaiso, and want to see if we can spend half a day traveling to Algarrobo just to see San Alfonso del Mar's biggest pool in the world, from the outside (I know we are not allowed in). Anybody knows where does the bus stop in Algarrobo (got an address?) will we be able to walk to San Alfonso del Mar? We can take a bus or taxi, but the worry is getting back to the bus station (to take a bus back to Valpo).

Any insight will be greatly appreciated

• Spending Just A Day

Valparaíso Dec 13, 2014 at 11:37 AM

Have a full day to spend in Valparaiso. Since my interests are in taking pictures of colorful homes and panoramic city views where would you recommend going and how best to get around town?

5 Answers Dec 15, 2014 at 8:21 AM
    • Drop off luggage possibility at the cruiseterminal in Valparaiso ?

Valparaíso Dec 6, 2014 at 4:10 AM

Hi,

We arrive by cruise (HAL Zaandam) at 22nd of december and we would like to know if we can drop off our luggage at VPT for halfd a day? So we can visit alparaiso/Vina del Mar.

If not possible to drop off our luggage at VTP is there another area to drop off our luggage?

With kind regards,

Fabian Brochard

4 Answers Dec 9, 2014 at 7:07 PM
    • Valparaiso Cruise terminal to Santiago hotel with tour

Valparaíso Nov 19, 2014 at 5:21 PM

Need to transfer to Santiago hotel from Valparaiso cruise terminal but would like a tour of Valparaiso/local areas first.
      There will be 4 of us with luggage.
      Thanks!

5 Answers Nov 25, 2014 at 11:15 AM
    • transfer from Valparaiso cruise port to Santiago

Valparaíso Oct 13, 2014 at 2:17 PM

Anyone knows a company that does transfers from the port to a hotel in Santiago?

2 Answers Oct 14, 2014 at 5:47 AM
    • Using MerVal from Cruise Terminal

Valparaíso Oct 2, 2014 at 10:15 AM

1 - Please confirm that the MerVal Baron station is closest to the cruise terminal.

2 - What is process / procedure to purchase tickets for MerVal at the Baron station?

3 - On a Sunday, are there machines or people selling tickets or both?

4 - Is cash required to purchase tickets?

5 - Is it possible to purchase tickets using credit cards?

6 - Is it possible to purchase the Tarjeta Diaria/Turista at the Baron station?

7 - Is it possible to purchase the fare for adulto mayor at the Baron station?

8 - What is required to prove age for adulto mayor fare? Is a U.S.A. passport sufficient?

Thanks for help - Jon

2 Answers Oct 14, 2014 at 8:44 AM
    • looking for a qualified Spanish tutor or School in Valparaiso

Valparaíso Aug 20, 2014 at 9:44 AM

Can anyone recommend a tutor of Spanish in Valparaiso? I am looking for someone who has some experience and education and can teach above the intermediate level

3 Answers Sep 3, 2014 at 9:17 AM
    • Tour & Transfer

Valparaíso Aug 14, 2014 at 11:39 AM

We're arriving in Valparaiso in mid December by cruise ship and will need a transfer to the Santiago airport. Interested in a stop at wine country on the way. Would like contact info for companies which provide this service.

1 Answer Aug 27, 2014 at 12:21 AM
    • Hotel near cruise ship terminal

Valparaíso Jul 26, 2014 at 3:55 AM

What is the best hotel to stay in for proximity to the cruise terminal but in a nice area? We will be there for an overnight stay before our cruise and will want to have a good meal and a drink and a bit of sightseeing.

1 Answer Jul 26, 2014 at 5:12 AM
    • Expected Monthly Expenditure for a couple

Viña del Mar May 30, 2014 at 12:13 PM

Hi All, I am planning to take up a job opportunity in a company located in Vina Del Mar,Chile.For a middle class life style could any one please suggest what can be the expected expenditure in this city?

2 Answers May 30, 2014 at 1:24 PM
    • public transport from Santiago to Valparaiso

Valparaíso Apr 27, 2014 at 3:45 PM

What are my options for travel between Santiago and Valparaiso with suitcases? There will be 4 of us going on a cruise next March

6 Answers Oct 14, 2014 at 8:53 AM
    • Weekend bus schedule

Valparaíso Jan 8, 2014 at 6:23 AM

Do buses run as frequently on Saturday or Sunday between Santiago and Valparaiso as during the weekdays?

4 Answers Jan 8, 2014 at 11:27 AM
    • Limo transport Valparaiso to Santiago

Valparaíso Oct 29, 2013 at 4:59 AM

I need point to point limo transfer, from the B&B where I'll be staying in Valparaiso to a hotel in Santiago.

2 Answers Oct 29, 2013 at 1:15 PM
    • Valparaiso post cruise

Valparaíso Oct 15, 2013 at 5:09 PM

ho to arrange Valparaiso post cruise tour+hotel+transfer package for two
      Jawn 8, 2013 AM arrival Valparaiso port arrival
      jJan 10, 2013 santiago airport in morning departure
      thanks,
      jagan

1 Answer Nov 29, 2013 at 3:54 AM
    • Transfer to Valparaiso from Santiago Airport

Valparaíso Sep 29, 2013 at 10:41 PM

Hi. My flight arrives into Santiago airport at midnight. I am travelling alone. What would be best way to get direct to a hotel in Valparaiso at a reasonable cost. Any assistance much appreciated! How much should I expect to pay? Thanks...

5 Answers Oct 1, 2013 at 11:58 PM
    • diana_renou's Profile Photo

How to get Manoir Atkinson hotel from the buses station?

Valparaíso Sep 22, 2013 at 12:33 PM

How to get Manoir Atkinson hotel from the buses station? it is far to the funicular? Many thanks for any advice!!!

2 Answers Oct 8, 2013 at 2:08 PM
    • Tour from Valpraiso port to Santiago

Valparaíso Sep 2, 2013 at 7:58 PM

We (2) will need transport from our 1/18/14 disembarkation Princess cruise port to our Santiago hotel. What are the options/costs/lengths of tours as we will have our luggage with us? We would like to see some major sites in both cities. Thank you - Pat

3 Answers Sep 3, 2013 at 3:36 AM
    • Foxee's Profile Photo

Tansport from Cruise Port to Airport Santiago

Valparaíso Aug 1, 2013 at 7:13 AM

How long does it take to clear customs at the Cruise terminal , get to the airport in Santiago and cost by taxi or private car. Can anyone help with an address for a taxi or private car service. Thanks

4 Answers Aug 4, 2013 at 4:25 PM
    • CHECK LUGGAGE FROM PORT

Valparaíso Jul 18, 2013 at 9:57 PM

WHERE DO I CHECK MY LUGGAGE CLOSE TO THE BUS STATION TO SANTIAGO
      FROM VALPARAISO?

2 Answers Jun 30, 2014 at 5:07 PM
    • Flying into Chile but staying in Vina del Mar

Viña del Mar Jun 13, 2013 at 3:02 PM

Do I need to rent a car or is it best to hire a taxi? Is it worth having a car in Vina del Mar for only one week? I'm travelling with a senior citizen who doesn't want to drive around; is public transportation good? Is my US driver's license good enough?

4 Answers Nov 29, 2013 at 3:54 AM
    • transportation

Valparaíso Dec 6, 2012 at 12:33 PM

coming to Chile in Feb.2013 and need transportation from Valparaiso ship terminal to central Santiago bus or train?

6 Answers Feb 3, 2013 at 5:05 AM
    • kags06's Profile Photo

Crat Hotel

Valparaíso Sep 6, 2012 at 3:14 PM

Has anyone heard of Crat Hotel in Valparaiso, chile. If so is there a website. I want to find the location on a map. Thank you!

5 Answers Sep 10, 2012 at 5:43 AM
    • Bus Transportation

Valparaíso Jun 13, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Is there bus transportation from Valparaiso Ferry Terminal to RQ Central Suites in Santiago?

2 Answers Jun 16, 2012 at 11:37 AM
    • kags06's Profile Photo

valparaiso hotel

Valparaíso May 26, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Hello, anyone been to Hostal Morgan or in that vicinity. What is there to do in Valparaiso. Does anyone know how to get from a hotel to the cruise terminal?
      Best restuarants to eat at.. Any info would be great!! Thanks!

2 Answers Aug 13, 2012 at 4:31 PM
    • sarahads's Profile Photo

Shuttle Service from Santiago International Airport to Valparaiso

Valparaíso Feb 27, 2012 at 3:34 PM

Is there any good shuttle service from the Santiago International Airport to hotels in Valparaiso?

2 Answers Feb 28, 2012 at 1:21 AM
    • Transportation

Valparaíso Feb 19, 2012 at 11:12 AM

Group of 5.
      1) What is the best method of travel from the Valparaiso Cruise Terminal to the Bus Station.Are there any buses that travel between these points?
      2)What is the cost of bus fare from the Valparaiso Bus Station to Santiago Bus Terminal?
      3)How do we get from the Santiago bus terminal to the Santiago air terminal?
      Would appreciate advice/guidance etc., so that we can plan our trip.
      Thanks!

4 Answers Feb 21, 2012 at 4:11 PM
    • valparaiso

Valparaíso Feb 1, 2012 at 7:20 AM

I would like to travel from the airport in santiago directly to valpairiso
      on a bus is this possible and dose anyone how much it costs?

4 Answers Mar 25, 2012 at 8:28 AM
    • transportation

Valparaíso Oct 19, 2011 at 1:40 PM

we are also on the princess cruise line arriving Jan 7/12-what is the best way
      to get from the cruise ship to downtown Santiago

7 Answers Jan 10, 2012 at 6:08 AM
    • Valparaiso to Con Con

Valparaíso Oct 15, 2011 at 5:03 AM

Hi:

We are on the Princess cruise from Venice to Valparaiso that docks in Valparaiso January 7. We are then heading to Con Con for a week. What is the easiest way to get from the cruise ship port to Con Con. We are willing to share the cost of a mini bus with anyone else who may be heading the same way.

Sean

3 Answers Oct 15, 2011 at 2:17 PM
    • Cruise from Valparaiso to BsAs

Valparaíso Oct 1, 2011 at 3:03 PM

Hello there,

I would like to go on a cruise december this year from Valparaiso to BsAs. I have found one that I like online with Holland America, but I would like to know 1) if for example closer to December the prices might be lower and 2) if I go direct to Valparaiso with a week before I might find last minute offer that is cheaper?

I ve never done a cruise so I don t know how the system work here. Thank you in advance.

5 Answers Oct 2, 2011 at 1:39 AM