change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular Region de Tombouctou Travel Answer Locations

• Flights to Tombouctou

Region de Tombouctou Sep 11, 2011 at 9:17 AM

I am going to Mali in January and plan to visit Tombouctou. I have read there are flights from Bamako to Tombouctou but cannot find any details of their cost or frequency. Can anyone assist with this or tell me how to book in advance?

2 Answers Sep 11, 2011 at 2:16 PM
    • To live in Timbuktu?

Timbuktu Jun 17, 2010 at 3:41 AM

Hello Kind Peoples of the Virtual Tourist Forum,

I begin my post grad teacher training in September 2011, meanwhile I'd like to realise my dream of living in Timbuktu. I would like to be as useful as possible and hopefully volunteer in a school or in an orphanage. I speak french fluently and a little arabic. I have a degree in english. I've lived in the middle east previously and am in my early 30's.

Is there anyone living in Timbuktu that would be willing to chat to me over email?

Some of my initial questions are:
      Is it possible to rent somewhere to live for 6/8/9 months? How much would that be? How safe is it for a woman to live in Timbuktu on her own? How much does food cost (weekly or monthy budget)? Is it possible to get a pay as you go mobile phone? Are there any wifi hot spots (i.e. is it worth bringing a lap top)?

Of course i would like to do this as cheaply and naturally as possible....

Thanks for reading!

Lucy

3 Answers Nov 16, 2011 at 9:11 PM
    • iaint's Profile Photo

2 simple ones

Timbuktu Jan 10, 2010 at 2:24 PM

1 - I assume best time of year to visit is December-January as it would be coolest - right or wrong?

2 - Any alternative to flying to Bamako and doing the rest by road/river?

2 Answers Jan 10, 2010 at 11:05 PM
    • vojc's Profile Photo

By camper to Timbuktu

Region de Tombouctou Dec 18, 2008 at 3:44 AM

I read in this forum:
      " the road between Bamako and Timbuktu is excellent"

How exellent? Does anybody know if that road is possible to overcome by camper (motorhome). It is not 4X4.
      I would like to reach Timbuktu by such a car from Morocco, through Mavretania to Senegal and at the end to Bamako and Timbuktu.
      Any sugestions?

6 Answers Jan 2, 2009 at 7:55 AM
    • Kenei's Profile Photo

Timbouctou during the rainy season

Region de Tombouctou Apr 24, 2007 at 8:07 AM

Hi,

I'm planning to go to Timbouctou in August and I'm interested what sort of transport can I use. Is boat the only option or the buses goes as well?

Tnx

4 Answers May 9, 2007 at 9:23 AM
    • How do I get in touch with Air Mali?

Timbuktu Oct 25, 2006 at 4:34 PM

I'm flying into Bomako and I need to continue on to Timbuktu. I gather that Air Mali is the only carrier by which one can fly into the city.

Does anybody know how I can get in touch with Air Mali? or make arrangements on a flight?

1 Answer Oct 26, 2006 at 6:50 AM
    • Alternate Transportation to Timbuktu

Timbuktu Aug 23, 2004 at 2:33 PM

I am going to Bamako in October 2004 (4 travelers) and the flight schedule from Bamako to Timbuktu is difficult for us to work around. Please advise if there is any alternate modes of transportation to get to/from Timbuktu from Bamako.

5 Answers Dec 18, 2008 at 3:58 AM