change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• almanso's Profile Photo

what to do travelling with a 2 year old

Concepción Apr 3, 2014 at 8:28 AM

Hi, I just booked a trip to Concepcion (friday afternoon to sunday afternoon) and i'm travelling with wife and 2 year old son. i've seen that there is a big park with waterfalls within the city, the famous ship Huascar and the university area to visit.
      would you recommend any other place in the city or around that would be worth a visit (with a 2 year old)?
      i can see that the best recommendation to eat is in the marlet or around it.
      any bad areas in concepcion to avoid? any nice areas to book the hotel?
      Thanks!

more
    • Buses from Salta to San Pedro

San Pedro de Atacama Apr 11, 2014 at 9:06 PM

Are there any comfortable air conditioned buses with leg room travelling from Salta to San Pedro? I know there is 1 restroom on the bus, but do they make frequent stops to stretch your legs and stop for a bite to eat and use their restrooms? It looks like it take 12- 14 hours? How much do the buses cost and which one would you recommend? Thanks.

Larra

more
    • storyin's Profile Photo

local jewellery shop, artist?

Punta Arenas Apr 3, 2014 at 6:11 AM

Hola,
      Is there any special, nice local jeweller, jewelry shop in Punta arenas?

Please recommend me, I would like to visit and buy something.

Gracias.

more
    • Trekking the W route in late April

Torres del Paine Apr 3, 2014 at 8:40 AM

Hi,
      I am a solo traveller looking to trek the W route from 24-28th April and wanted to ask if it is best to book refugios in advance? Many of them seem to have finished for the season (or floes on the 30April) and it's hard to see what I will need to book. Do you think it is possible to book everything in Puerto Natales? Or is it better to book some in advance and risk only a few? I am happy to camp if that is the only option but would prefer a basic bed if possible.

Also this is at the beginning of a three moth trip and I will have a very large travel ruck sack. Is there somewhere where you can store bags before entering the park?

Help and tips much appreciated especially from anyone who has done this trip solo.
      Thanks! Vicky

more
    • resturants

Arica Mar 27, 2014 at 1:00 PM

what are some names of restaurants in Arica Chile?

more
    • Is isla herschel sefty !?

Isla Herschel Apr 15, 2014 at 7:56 AM

Hello everyone :)
      Just I want to ask if its sefty ?
      And is there good places to visit?

Thank you ..

more
    • Zbig58's Profile Photo

Accesibility

Torres del Paine Mar 20, 2014 at 9:06 AM

Hi
      We are going to spend 3-4 Easter days in TDP (18 - 20/21 April). Is it possible to see best places (glacier, Torres etc. ) without long hiking (driving a car), in such short time. We would like to stay in the Puerto Natales, rent a car and jump to the Park every day. Does it make sense?

more
    • Earthquake info

Iquique Apr 1, 2014 at 5:41 PM

M8.0 earthquake- 83km NW of Iquique,
      What is happening there? Are things ok?
      Can info from here in Canada be of any help?

more
    • Self-Drive to Uyuni?

San Pedro de Atacama Mar 30, 2014 at 8:31 AM

Hi, my friend and I will be in San Pedro de Atacama for only four days. We would like to make a trip to the Salar de Uyuni and to stay in the Palacio de Sal, but we don't have time to take the usual 3 day tour. We will have a rental car while in Atacama. Is it possible for us to drive ourselves to the Salar de Uyuni from San Pedro or Calama? (Assuming we can sort out the legal details with the rental company.) Meaning can the drive be reasonably done in one day and back the next day? Are the roads relatively passable? If we don't have a satellite phone, are we likely to die a slow and painful death?

more
    • 24 hours in santiago

Santiago Apr 4, 2014 at 6:45 AM

We arrive from Sydney into Santiago for just 24 hours before be catch a connecting flight to Peru. Where is bets to stay that is near the airport but still near the city that we can enjoy and explore for the day ?

Would downtown be a good idea ?

more
    • Buses in Castro

Castro Feb 25, 2014 at 4:46 PM

Where can I find the city bus service(s) timetable and routes please?

• tour buses

Puerto Montt Jan 8, 2014 at 9:38 AM

Are there on/off sightseeing buses at the pier?

3 Answers Jan 8, 2014 at 9:55 AM
    • ChristinaWatte

Puerto Varas Dec 4, 2013 at 8:28 AM

Looking for afternoon tour (small group or private) to Petrohue River and Falls area leaving and returning to Puerto Varas

• Boating on Lago Llanquihue

Puerto Varas Dec 3, 2013 at 12:19 PM

Is there a boat trip on the lake in the afternoon- 1-2 hours long? From Puerto Varas back to Puerto Varas.

1 Answer Dec 4, 2013 at 12:15 AM
    • Sea kayak rental i Puerto Montt?

Puerto Montt Sep 22, 2013 at 2:38 AM

Is it possible to rent sea kayaks i Puerto Montt?

1 Answer Nov 29, 2013 at 3:54 AM
    • going by bus from puerto varas to bariloche

Puerto Varas Dec 1, 2012 at 9:01 AM

I am planning to go from puerto varas to bariloche on 5.3.2013. Looking for regular bus connection.

2 Answers Jan 14, 2013 at 10:51 AM
    • DaisyWhite's Profile Photo

Alrededor de Puerto Varas.- Around Puerto Varas.

Puerto Varas Aug 13, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Hola foristas.Quisiera saber si desde Puerto Varas se pueden hacer excursiones o ir por el día a Puerto Montt, Frutillar y la isla de Chiloé y si se puede ir con transporte público.También les agradecería me digan si son suficientes tres o cuatro días de estadía para conocer la zona. Desde ya gracias a todos.
      Hello¡¡ I would like to know if from Puerto Varas we can take some tours or go for the day to Puerto Montt,Frutillar and Chiloe Island and if you can go by public transport. We also appreciate you tell me if three or four days are enough to visit the area. Of course thanks to all.

1 Answer Oct 6, 2012 at 10:59 AM
    • Driving thru Lake Country

Puyehue Feb 19, 2012 at 3:14 PM

Looks like Puyehue is the best entrance to Argentina. Is it possible to drive on into Argentina and Bariloche from there?

1 Answer Feb 21, 2012 at 7:24 AM
    • californiatravelermc's Profile Photo

Glaciers near Lago Llanquihue?

Puerto Montt Jan 31, 2012 at 2:04 PM

My husband and I are planning at trip to the Lago Llanquihue area in mid-March and are hoping to combine a day trip to a glacier while we are there, either by boat or car. We can leave from Puerto Montt or anywhere relatively close by. Is this possible and if not, can someone recommend an area that we can visit where we could do this?

Thank you!!!

4 Answers Dec 9, 2012 at 9:15 AM
    • TedSocha's Profile Photo

piloted

Puerto Montt Jul 17, 2011 at 12:33 PM

Hi will be arriving in puerto montt wed 20th july staying for 3 days could do with some help ie where to visit where and what to eat ect.will be staying at the hotel holiday inn hope you can help

regards Ted

Skype ted.socha

• luggage storage?

Puerto Montt Jun 22, 2011 at 2:40 AM

Anyone know if there is good secure luggage storage at Puerto Montt airport, or in town? I will be looking ot store skis + mountaineering equipment for a week or two.
      Cheers!

1 Answer Jun 22, 2011 at 2:50 PM
    • Puerto Montt Bariloche Bus

Puerto Montt Jun 18, 2011 at 1:52 PM

My wife and I are hoping to travel from Bariloche to Puerto Montt in January. We're going to book with Via Bariloche. A couple of questions:

Is it a reliable bus service? What are the buses like that make the journey? Are the quality of roads okay on the route? How long does it take?

Thanks! Andy

5 Answers Jul 26, 2011 at 9:42 AM
    • Bus from Bariloche

Osorno Dec 2, 2010 at 1:33 AM

Can anyone advise me on which bus company provides the transporation from Bariloche to Osorno? How long will it take? We only have 2 days to stay in Chile and are thinking whether we should go to Osorno or Puerto Montt. Can anyone give me some recommendations? Thanks.

5 Answers Dec 4, 2010 at 3:34 AM
    • DinkaYa's Profile Photo

Boat, car or tour

Puerto Montt Nov 29, 2010 at 12:51 PM

I'm looking to see the best carretera austral has to offer, what way would be the way to do that (ingoring the price factor)?

1 Answer Nov 30, 2010 at 5:07 AM
    • A wonderful day in Puerto Montt

Puerto Montt Nov 27, 2010 at 9:00 PM

We are taking a cruise to South America in end Dec. The first stop is at Puerto Montt. Instead of joining the Shore Excursion program offered by the cruise line, we would like travel on our own for greater flexibility and seeing more. From 8:00- 17:00, is it possible to tour around Frutillar and Puerto Varas on our own by local transport?

4 Answers Nov 28, 2010 at 11:10 AM
    • Travelling from Puerto Montt to Bariloche

Puerto Montt Nov 8, 2010 at 6:36 AM

Hi, we arrive in Puerto Montt early in the morning on the Navimag boat and need to get to Bariloche same day if possible by bus or private transport. Can this be done or do we need to stop over in PM. If so, where should be stay. We are happy with clean, friendly B&B.
      Any help would be apprciated. Thanks

1 Answer Nov 8, 2010 at 6:52 AM
    • Lake Crossing

Puerto Varas May 8, 2010 at 6:47 PM

I read from other VT members about lake crossing from Puerto Varas to Bariloche. It seems that it is worthwhile to take that trip. We will be going to the Lake District of Chile in next April. Will there be lake crossing? Will be boat/cruise service be closed during that time of the year?

6 Answers Jul 18, 2010 at 3:17 PM
    • onayman's Profile Photo

lake crossing in early July

Puerto Montt Jan 23, 2010 at 1:43 PM

Hello everyone!
      Myself and my family will be traveling to Puerto Montt and taking 2 days lake crossing to Bariloche on July 8.
      Any input / advise on weather, worthiness of the trip this time of, year, where to stay in Puerto Montt, Bariloche, skiing, etc. is very much appreciated.
      See you on the road.

6 Answers Mar 20, 2010 at 11:14 AM
    • excursions in Puerto Montt

Puerto Montt Dec 3, 2009 at 2:57 PM

looking for company provided excursions in Puerto Montt . Is anyone has a website? Thank you .Yadviga

5 Answers Jan 13, 2010 at 1:12 PM
    • Puerto Montt to Bariloche and back

Puerto Montt Nov 8, 2009 at 7:11 PM

Hello,
      I'll be in Puerto Montt for several days before heading to Punta
      Arenas. The cruise to Bariloche looks interesting but getting from
      Bariloche to Punta Arenas looks like a pricey pita. I was considering
      taking the cruise one way and the bus back to Puerto Montt.
      Any opinions, advice?
      Thanks in Advance, Jeff

2 Answers Nov 12, 2009 at 10:05 AM
    • datzmon's Profile Photo

da2002it@yahoo.com

Puerto Montt Sep 23, 2009 at 10:02 AM

Hello,
      Is any transportation from Puerto Montt (chile) to Bariloche (Argentina).
      If yes thank in advance for your help
      David

4 Answers Sep 23, 2009 at 9:00 PM
    • Chaiten - ferry and buses running now?

Chaitén Feb 11, 2009 at 8:23 AM

I have heard that Chaiten was devastated by the volcano. Does anyone know if buses are still running from Chaiten to Coyhaique or Puyuhuapi or Futaleufu? How to find out the schedule? How about the ferry to Quellon or Castro? Thank you!

3 Answers Feb 19, 2009 at 1:56 PM
    • what to do in puerto montt

Puerto Montt Jan 19, 2009 at 11:00 AM

I,ll be in Puerto Montt on Feb 3 for 8 hours.

I'm hesitating between:

- osorno volcano and petrohue falls
      -puerto varas, frutillar and a view of osorno and lake lianquihue
      -petrohue falls and the lake district
      - save some time to visit the city

I'm interested with the volcano, but considering that if I choose this tour I won't have time to do anything else, is it a good choice?

if instead I choose to go to Chiloe, would it be feasible to do it in the time frame available?

2 Answers Jan 21, 2009 at 1:18 PM
    • Futa to Puerto Madryn

Futaleufù Sep 19, 2008 at 1:34 AM

Is it difficult to drive from Futa to Puerto Madryn?

1 Answer Sep 19, 2008 at 8:10 AM
    • biusing's Profile Photo

Weather in october

Puerto Varas Jun 13, 2008 at 7:14 PM

Hi VT friends, I am planning to visit Puerto Varas in mid October 2008. Just wondering how the weather is during that month and whether I need to bring along warm clothing. Many thanks in advance.

5 Answers Dec 1, 2012 at 10:21 AM
    • Whales in Quellón

Quellón Mar 23, 2008 at 4:01 AM

Is it really a possibility a boat tour from Quellón to try to see blue whales in April ? or just marketing what I see with this regard in some web sites ?

• reynes's Profile Photo

Fishing in Puerto Varas

Puerto Varas Jan 9, 2008 at 1:31 PM

Can anyone give some info about fly fishing in the Puerto Varas area. Is it possible to do it without a guide? Perhaps just rent a car and drive to the rivers? Or can someone recommend an inexpensive fishing guide. We really only need to be taken to the fishing location and picked up at the end of the day..

Thanks!

1 Answer Jan 9, 2008 at 9:16 PM
    • reynes's Profile Photo

Puerto Montt to Puerto Varas Taxi Ride

Puerto Varas Jan 6, 2008 at 10:45 AM

What is the cost of a taxi ride from Puerto Montt to Puerto Varas?
      Is it reasonalbe to rent a car in Puerto Varas and drive to the fishing location? If so, can you give information on the car rental agent? Or can a taxi take you to the fishing location and arranged to be picked up later in the day?

2 Answers May 9, 2010 at 1:16 AM
    • cholley's Profile Photo

Rafting

Región de Los Lagos Nov 6, 2007 at 12:12 PM

Dad and I would like to take a rafting trip down the Futaleufu. Can anyone recommend a good company to go with? We're looking for the cheapest without lacking safety!

2 Answers Feb 25, 2010 at 3:04 PM
    • Private Tour for our group

Puerto Montt Oct 28, 2007 at 7:52 AM

Hello,
      Can anyone please tell me if it is easy to book a minivan for a private day tour of P.Montt/P. Varas once we get to the port or should we book in advance? And if we must book ahead of time, any recommendations for tour guide/agencies? Our cruise ship will be there on Dec.20,2007 and will be tendered from 8:00AM-5:00PM. Any tips for a day itineraries of "must see"? Thank you very much.
      Lena

3 Answers Oct 31, 2007 at 4:24 AM