change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Travel and language study

Senegal Mar 20, 2014 at 6:08 AM

Hi,
      I am planning a trip to Senegal to work on my french (I only have som basic knowledge).
      I want to stay for about 4-5 weeks and travel to 2 or 3 different places where I can find a teacher to have leassons with me.
      Does anyboy have any recommendations on where to go? Or any experience with this kind of traveling?

All the best
      Julia

more

Popular Region de Dakar Travel Answer Locations

• sightseeing around Dakar for only an Hour. Possible?

Dakar Aug 5, 2013 at 5:27 AM

Hi guys, i have a two hours transit time on by way to Banjul in Dakar. Is it possible to take an hour tour maybe by taxi through the cityof Dakar and not miss by flight? how is the traffic situation. and how much is taxi fare likely to be. Tahnks

6 Answers Aug 5, 2013 at 8:36 AM
    • direct flights

Region de Dakar Nov 24, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Hello Room, I am seeking a flight from Dakar to Nassau for vacation that does not make american stops,I have been searching on line for weeks but can not seem to find a flight. does anyone have any suggestions.

4 Answers Nov 24, 2012 at 2:33 PM
    • local tours for cruisers

Dakar Jan 1, 2011 at 5:51 AM

hello--we arrive dakar 3/26/11 via cruise ship for 1 day--ship tours SO expensive--are there local tour operators/ taxis on pier to take passengers to area sites? is it safe to do it? are US$ accepted?--thanks

• Need help finding transportation to Banjul

Dakar Aug 27, 2010 at 12:18 AM

I am flying from New York to Dakar en-route to Banjul, Gambia & am having trouble finding a flight or ground transport to Banjul. Can any one give my any info? I arrive around 6am on a Saturday. I will take a bus, or shuttle, but prefer a local flight if possible, and as long as I don't have to sit in the airport for HOURS. I would appreciate any/all help that is worthwhile. Thanks in advance.

1 Answer Sep 15, 2011 at 9:32 AM
    • mnikol's Profile Photo

From Maroco/or Canaries to Dakar by ship/train

Region de Dakar May 23, 2010 at 10:24 AM

Hi,

Is there any ship/train connection from Casablanca Maroco, or canary island to Dakar? And what is the weather suggestion for travelling to Dakar in June?

many thanks!

5 Answers May 23, 2010 at 11:28 AM
    • Traveling through airport at Dakar

Dakar Mar 15, 2010 at 7:25 PM

I will be traveling from US to Bomako, Mali via Dakar, Senegal. What is the process for travelers in transit after landing at Dakar? Will I be able to check by luggage in US to Bamako or will I have to retrieve luggage in Dakar and recheck? Please advise.

2 Answers Mar 19, 2010 at 12:37 AM
    • inquiries

Region de Dakar Feb 27, 2010 at 1:34 PM

please we want take our students to senegal on 2nd of april for an excursion from nigeria. the name of the school is preston international school akure nigeria, they are 40 in number and between the age of 13 to 16 years. we are planning to stay for 10days, our aim for this visit is for our students to develop their spoken french and to discover the beauty of senegal.
      we will like them to take courses in the university of dakaar and international school dakar. We will like them to visit the following places : nigeria embassy dakar, goree island (l'ile de goree), zoo university of dakar, museum (musee), dansaga market, birds'island (l'ile des oiseaux), rue de pompidou, le lac rose (rose lake), la cathedrale senegalaise, la maison de loepold sedar senghor (LSS's house)and we will need accomodation and feeding.
      please, we need information to realise this

1 Answer Feb 27, 2010 at 3:29 PM
    • jetstonyc's Profile Photo

Sightseeing

Dakar Sep 18, 2009 at 5:30 AM

Hi !

Could you give me advice about places I should go and things to do in Dakar.
      it's my first trip to Dakar . only 3 days .

5 Answers Sep 18, 2009 at 8:55 PM
    • jetstonyc's Profile Photo

Hotel in Dakar - Senegal

Dakar Sep 1, 2009 at 8:01 AM

Bonjour,
      Does anybody know good or so-so hotel in Dakar ? I needs to stay 3 nights in Dakar .

Thank you so much!

2 Answers Sep 1, 2009 at 3:51 PM
    • NURIA35's Profile Photo

some doubts

Dakar Jul 8, 2009 at 2:21 PM

ei guys!
      i was planning go to dkr in 1st week august.After checking weather in travel guide it says is raining season and hot as 40ºc. I am afraid of being sooo hot, i would like u to recommend me or not going on august.
      If ur answer is YES, could u recomend me any basic tour atractions for a 7nights trip around?

Many thks collegues

3 Answers Sep 6, 2009 at 9:56 AM
    • Oranier's Profile Photo

Dakar in November: Prices, hotels

Dakar Jul 8, 2009 at 7:52 AM

Hello,

I am planning to visit Dakar in November this year. I woudl like to know the following:
      How expensive is it (I will do backpacking and am on a shoestring budget)?
      Any recomendation for a cheap but not too bad hotel near Gare Routiere (bus staion) or train station?

3 Answers Aug 15, 2009 at 7:03 AM
    • merbal's Profile Photo

FAQ

Dakar Mar 31, 2009 at 10:04 AM

Dear everyone!

im planing to go to Dakar for a dancefestival end of maj...
      -how is the life in Dakar?
      -existing some good hotel there?
      -should i be myself,or should i be just a fearfull tourist?
      -it is safe city? any kidnapping there?
      -any other city to visit?
      -any nice beach to visit?
      -how is the weather maj/jun?

thanx for attention,and for the answers!
      Bali

3 Answers Apr 17, 2009 at 9:28 PM
    • blunder1954's Profile Photo

coming to dakar in the middle of the nite

Dakar Oct 10, 2008 at 12:08 AM

I m going to meet my fiancee in Dakar, i ll land at the airport in the middle of the nite,(2.00 am) and i wonder, are there taxis or buses available at that time?
      And are taxis expensive. And can you walk from the airport in Dakar to the city?
      My departure will also be in the middle of the nite.
      Bert in Sweden

6 Answers Nov 23, 2008 at 2:07 AM
    • hotel

Dakar Apr 30, 2008 at 4:28 AM

Hi,

does anyone know how hotel Savana Jardin is?
      Is it nice and safe? How far is it from the main city and market area?

thanks

• evahenry's Profile Photo

cruise ship stop in Dakar, April 24, 2008

Dakar Feb 26, 2008 at 9:10 PM

My husband and I are going on a cruise to Dakar. We only have a short time. 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Soumbedioune and a city tour is one suggestion. Or should we go to Il De Goree? I am a travel agent and I want to see as much as I can to be able to tell my clients all about it. Thanks so much.

3 Answers Mar 13, 2008 at 6:35 PM
    • evahenry's Profile Photo

cruise ship stop in Dakar, April 24, 2008

Dakar Feb 26, 2008 at 9:02 PM

My husband and I are going on a cruise to Dakar. We only have a short time. 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Soumbedioune and a city tour is one suggestion. Or should we go to Il De Goree? I am a travel agent so I want to see as much as I can to be able to tell my clients about it. Thanks.

• Visit

Dakar Jan 24, 2008 at 7:08 AM

Planning to visit Dakar in early February on business. Just a few questions:

1. Any good hotel near the 'Sandaga' market area? An international chain hotel would be better.

2. Is Dakar a safe place? I'd travelled to East Africa (Kenya & Tanzania) last year and found that they were not very safe and we were adviced to be back in the hotel before dark.

3. What's the weather gonna be like in Feb?

Any help will be greatly apprecaited.

Thanks.

2 Answers Feb 19, 2008 at 6:22 AM
    • Beach toplessing

Dakar Apr 20, 2007 at 4:11 AM

My wife wants to know in which hotel she can bath topless. Is this allowed in Dakar? What are the bathing codes? We havo two options: Novotel or Sofitel taranga. What are the dressing codes for her at night?

We both are from Venezuela and there micor bikinis or topless are common practices. Pleasa advice

Many thanks

1 Answer May 2, 2007 at 2:48 AM
    • Transportation

Dakar Oct 28, 2006 at 10:06 PM

We're four students travelling to Dakar from New York City on a project for 1 week in March, 2007. I would be grateful if anyone can provide some estimate of how much airfare would be (orbits and other sites gave too great a range--$1400-$4000!) and how much we should expect to pay for taxis from airport to center city. Would it make better sense to rent a car during the trip since we'll need to get around each day?

Any tip would be appreciated!

3 Answers Oct 29, 2006 at 6:56 PM
    • Transportation

Dakar Oct 28, 2006 at 9:44 PM

We're four students travelling to Dakar from New York City on a project for 1 week in March, 2007. I would be grateful if anyone can provide some estimate of how much airfare would be (orbits and other sites gave too great a range--$1400-$4000!) and how much we should expect to pay for taxis from airport to center city. Would it make better sense to rent a car during the trip since we'll need to get around each day?

• Transportation

Dakar Oct 28, 2006 at 9:13 PM

• Tourism Office

Dakar Jun 12, 2006 at 12:30 PM

I am trying to find a tourism department of Senegal, anywhere in the world. I found one in the US but it seems as if they've closed shop as their website has dead links and their email has been shut down. Any suggestions where I could get information brochures?

2 Answers Apr 2, 2007 at 11:54 PM
    • Nightlife

Dakar Jun 12, 2006 at 12:26 PM

I'm traveling to Dakar in a couple of months and need some advise about the best things to do at night. The best clubs, what kinda music, etc. I am also looking for professional dance schools in Dakar. Can anyone help.
      Cheers,

1 Answer Oct 2, 2006 at 2:14 AM
    • looking to stay with a senegalese family

Region de Dakar Jun 3, 2006 at 9:30 PM

I will be in Dakar from July 11 to August 7. I am looking for a room and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. Preferably, it would be a furnished room in a family's house. but it could be an apartment as well.

1 Answer Jun 6, 2006 at 1:16 PM
    • Geminijo's Profile Photo

Gyms in Dakar

Dakar Mar 17, 2006 at 1:10 PM

I'm going to be based in Dakar for the next six months and wondered if anyone could recommend a decent gym I can join? (I'm not a gym fanatic but it's so bloody hard getting the fitness back again and I don't want my body to turn to jelly.)

1 Answer May 6, 2006 at 5:21 PM
    • Need to buy Adaptor in Dakar

Dakar Jan 16, 2006 at 9:56 AM

My daughter is in Dakar and needs to find an adaptor to use with her Sony camera. It seems the polarized prong in her american cord plug won't fit the adaptor she was able to buy in the Dakar marketplace. Before I have her file down the prong, I thought I'd find out if there is a store that may have a wider variety of adaptors. Thanks

1 Answer Oct 28, 2006 at 10:49 PM
    • Dakar to Banjul: Land Transport

Dakar Jan 7, 2006 at 6:22 AM

Will be in Dakar in May. Looking to arrange private land transport in advance of travels. Does anyone know how to arrange this or who to contact?

Also, is there a way in advance to find out what major artists are performing at Dakar clubs?

Great if you could e-mail advice to bin49@islandtrees.com

Thanks!
      Tambran

• ships from the canaries to Senegal/Gambia

Dakar Dec 27, 2005 at 8:03 AM

Can anyone give information about the sailings between The Canary ISLANDS AND wEST Africa,prices,ports any inf would be welcome.

• need a nice hotel from oct. 30-nov. 9

Dakar Oct 20, 2005 at 10:57 AM

need a nice hotel for about 10 days. air conditioning and needs to be extremely clean. US100 and under.

thanks for the help

1 Answer Oct 20, 2005 at 3:38 PM
    • faneka's Profile Photo

In need of a Hotel!!

Dakar Sep 20, 2005 at 12:05 PM

Me and my team will be staing at Dakar from 13 to 15, racing in the Lisboa Dakar. By now we ca not find an hotel with rooms available. Can anyone find me one? Not the big ones, those are already full, but the contact of others. It´s urgent...Thanks

1 Answer Sep 24, 2005 at 2:25 AM