change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• pinkdressgirl's Profile Photo

a love night n Brussels

Brussels Mar 24, 2014 at 6:55 AM

Anyone knows one of those nice hotels just for couples to spend a night?
      With romantic stuff and huge beds...
      I dont know nothing in Brussels or near by..
      Could you please advise?
      Thanks!

more
    • Fishing in brussels!! :)

Brussels Apr 7, 2014 at 12:03 PM

Hi i was hoping you could help me??, im thinking of booking my parents to go to brussels between the 4th and 8th September for their wedding anniversary.. They would be flying into brussels airport and i was hoping my dad would be able to do some fishing here!!
      I hear you have a beer festival on the first weekend of September also!! What date is the beer festival and where would be the best place to stay for scenic routes and also for fishing... My parents would like outdoorsy stuff..
      Sorry so many questions but i dont know an awful lot about brussels and trying to look into it :)
      Where would be the best accommodation for fishing?
      How could they attend chocolate day?
      What dates are the beer festivals on?
      How would i go about booking them transfers from the airport??
      My email addy is emmz2003@hotmail.com thanks so much for your time.
      Emma

more

very romantic weekend in Belgium

Etterbeek Mar 24, 2014 at 6:52 AM

Where to spend a very romantic and cheap weekend in Belgium?
      Besides the top 10 cities that everybody knows...
      I mean a special hotel just for couples...with nice beds and funny stuff...
      Anyone knows?

more

Popular Région de Bruxelles-Capitale Travel Answer Locations

• Fishing in brussels!! :)

Brussels Apr 7, 2014 at 12:03 PM

Hi i was hoping you could help me??, im thinking of booking my parents to go to brussels between the 4th and 8th September for their wedding anniversary.. They would be flying into brussels airport and i was hoping my dad would be able to do some fishing here!!
      I hear you have a beer festival on the first weekend of September also!! What date is the beer festival and where would be the best place to stay for scenic routes and also for fishing... My parents would like outdoorsy stuff..
      Sorry so many questions but i dont know an awful lot about brussels and trying to look into it :)
      Where would be the best accommodation for fishing?
      How could they attend chocolate day?
      What dates are the beer festivals on?
      How would i go about booking them transfers from the airport??
      My email addy is emmz2003@hotmail.com thanks so much for your time.
      Emma

6 Answers Apr 8, 2014 at 6:34 AM

a love night n Brussels

Brussels Mar 24, 2014 at 6:55 AM

Anyone knows one of those nice hotels just for couples to spend a night?
      With romantic stuff and huge beds...
      I dont know nothing in Brussels or near by..
      Could you please advise?
      Thanks!

1 Answer Mar 26, 2014 at 2:12 PM

very romantic weekend in Belgium

Etterbeek Mar 24, 2014 at 6:52 AM

Where to spend a very romantic and cheap weekend in Belgium?
      Besides the top 10 cities that everybody knows...
      I mean a special hotel just for couples...with nice beds and funny stuff...
      Anyone knows?

8 Answers Mar 27, 2014 at 6:42 AM
    • al_mary's Profile Photo

Brussels Sim Phone Cards

Brussels Mar 10, 2014 at 10:51 AM

Greeting From The USA,

We will in spending some time in Belgium, mainly Brussels ....
      We have an unlocked Samsung GSM cell phone that we take just on our
      European travels.

How do the basic SIM's cards come, costs, and where to get them in Brussels ....
      We use the phone basically for a some local calls, emergency and that is it.

Al and Mary / USA

4 Answers Mar 10, 2014 at 1:28 PM
    • Best way to visit these other cities while in brussels?

Brussels Mar 5, 2014 at 11:02 AM

I was wondering if someone with experience traveling from brussels could help us with planning the itinerary of our trip?

My husband and I are arriving in Brussels on April 11 and have a about a week in Europe (we fly out of brussels on April 20) This is the first time in many years that our work trips have left us with free time after so we really want to take advantage of our extra week :)

We would like to visit Bruges, Ghent, Paris and Amsterdam in a week. I'm trying to figure out which are the best ways/dates to route the Thalys train schedule so we can spend less time traveling but still trying to keep it as inexpensive as possible.

I was thinking of staying in brussels on 4/12 ( we have both been here a lot for work and don't want to tour the city again), do a day trip to Ghent and Bruges on 4/13 (anyone have good recommendations on whether to take train/bus/guided tour company?), leave brussels for Paris on 4/14, take train from Paris to Amsterdam on 4/16 and take train from Amsterdam back to brussels on 4/19.

The alternative would be doing brussels-Paris-Amsterdam-brussels-Bruges/Ghent-brussels. Or brussels-Amsterdam-Paris-brussels-Bruges/Ghent-brussels.

Any and all advice on which routes to take, which train/bus/your companies to use would be very much appreciated. Also, do we need to rent a car at any point, because we would really prefer not to.

Thank you all in advance!

3 Answers Mar 5, 2014 at 3:46 PM
    • Dont Do Resto in Brussels or in France. Avoid the Frenchs

Brussels Mar 1, 2014 at 12:52 PM

I have lived in nine countries, so please, don't argue me this: don't you ever go to restaurants either in France or in Brussels unless you like to be laughed and stolen at. It is in their mentality to be dishonest and rip people blatantly off. They are malicious by nature, they represent the hardcore of the greedy dishonest money-grabber hand palms rubber coin-counter.

They dont serve or cook having in mind delivering a good service to let you satisfied, nothing of the sort. They calculate every bit on how to rip you off. They will write culinary rhetoric in their menus, but you will find yourself with 80% of your plate stuffed with raw dry lettuce and raw mushrooms, and then a slice of meat most of which is all bone, and they will call that roast beef texas style and size accompanied by rich garniture à la brusselesse etc etc,

Today I was in Brussels and I left 3 restaurants without eating after scanning the menus. I found the prices blatantly insulting and I let know the waiter on leaving. I had the money, but I refused to feed the pockets of a dishonest practice. Besides, they will only let you pay with cards if you spend more than 20 Euros, which is bastardly insulting again. Anything about 1 Euro is accepted everywhere.

While I am very much against fast food crap restaurants, if you are in France, you are better off in some filthy McDonalds than in any standard restaurant. Believe me, it is a matter of protecting your dignity from being insulted.

If you go to Spain, that is the place I can recommend you to stop by restaurants. They will serve 3 full plates, because that is the way it is eaten in Spain. A first large dish which can be anything from paella, to cooked beans with ham chorizo, or pasta dish, you name it, then second dish will be a filet of meat or fish so large that it will go out of your plate, the third will be any dessert you can think of plus you get for free all the bread you want, all the water you want and one pint of wine, all that will cost you around 10 Euros.

In Belgium or in France that would be about 60 euros.

If it is about restaurants (and mostly hotels too), avoid the French people and their cousins the Belgians. Other countries in Europe like England or Germany they are more decent, they have some values and they care about providing good service. It will not be as cheap as in Spain, but they will be as honest as possible.

I am a tourist guide by the way. I know what I am talking about. 20 years in the profession

But the best advice, eat at home, and invite your friends home, it is healthier, cheaper and you make better friends.

• Toyota Hilux and Land Cruiser Buying

Brussels Mar 1, 2014 at 6:38 AM

Hello, I will be visiting Brussels in the coming week, I am having training at Televic Head Office. I want to buy Toyota Hilux or Land Cruiser, can you help by locating the places I can get those. Thank you.

2 Answers Mar 1, 2014 at 11:17 AM
    • What clothes to pack

Brussels Feb 21, 2014 at 2:57 AM

Hello I'm travelling to Belgium and Stuttgart on 4th March 2014 for business purpose. Please suggest what kind of clothes I should pack for these places. I might also go for sightseeing over the weekend that falls in the schedule during my stay there. Do I need to wear something warm even when I'm inside the office or the hotel? And what kind of shoes should I take ?

Thanks a lot in advance ! :-)

7 Answers Feb 21, 2014 at 9:41 AM
    • bodaciousbob's Profile Photo

tranportation

Brussels Feb 19, 2014 at 11:22 AM

is there local transportation from the port (where cruise ships arrive) to brussles?

11 Answers Feb 20, 2014 at 1:22 AM
    • bruges or antewerp

Brussels Feb 12, 2014 at 2:03 AM

hi whi is better to visit bruges or antewerp in Belgium ,I am not interested in musemus,i like nature sightseeing for 7 hrs

9 Answers Feb 14, 2014 at 11:47 AM
    • divecat1978's Profile Photo

Couchsurfing in Brussels

Brussels Feb 4, 2014 at 9:20 PM

Is couchsurfing available in Brussels? If you have any experience, pleade share. Thanks.

3 Answers Feb 7, 2014 at 8:18 AM
    • Rogier station

Brussels Jan 9, 2014 at 5:32 AM

Which train to take from Brussels Airport to Rogier staion as my hotel is just near to it.?

5 Answers Jan 13, 2014 at 10:28 AM
    • Do you have any tour and travel office in City 2?

Brussels Jan 5, 2014 at 5:47 AM

Do you have any tour and travel office in city 2

7 Answers Jan 7, 2014 at 7:20 AM
    • About accommodation in Brussels

Brussels Jan 3, 2014 at 12:18 PM

Hello, I am going to stay in Brussels for two months and I would like to find a cheap and appropriate place like a room. I have found a nice room by the internet. But I don't know if I can trust it or not. Can I trust the site 'www.brusselsdestination.be'?
      Thank you

1 Answer Jan 4, 2014 at 9:41 AM
    • New year's eve

Brussels Dec 16, 2013 at 4:13 PM

Hi guys! Have a question, what are your plans for new year's eve? Any suggestions? I'm alone, so it kind of sucks :D
      Waiting for your suggestions! Thanks

2 Answers Dec 17, 2013 at 1:19 PM
    • Gare du Nord/European Trainees Residence

Brussels Dec 2, 2013 at 10:50 PM

Hello, I'm going to be working in Mechelen for a few months and I decided to find a place in Brussels and take the train everyday to go to work. I have found this place, the European Trainees Residence which is located not too far from the Gare du Nord. I thought it was great, I've seen the pictures and it looks brand new and very comfortable/affordable.
      However, I've been going through some reviews about the neighborhood and it doesn't look that great after all.. I have tried to find some reviews of this place but I don't seem to find any.
      I've also read that Gare du Nord is an unsafe place to be at any time of the day and night.. This residence is located Rue Traversiere, not too far from Botanique metro station. I've read that the Botanique area is the Turkish ghetto area, to be avoided...

I'd like to know if I should avoid this area and not go to this place.. knowing that I'm a female student...
      Thank you in advance!

5 Answers Dec 5, 2013 at 2:37 PM
    • Sophisticated Night Clubs Brussels

Brussels Nov 30, 2013 at 1:14 PM

Hi all!

I was wondering if you would happen to know of any nice clubs in Brussels (or near Brussels) where I can go with my significant other where they have good music and good drinks. We want something sophisticated but not too "stiff". We're in our twenties/thirties.

Many thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Cheers,

TravellingCA

1 Answer Nov 30, 2013 at 2:05 PM
    • Romantic Restaurant for Anniversary Dinner

Brussels Nov 30, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Hi everyone!

Next Saturday is our anniversary and we would like to go to a charming restaurant in Brussels (or near Brussels) that is fit for our 1-year anniversary :-)

All suggestions are welcome!

Thank you in advance for helping me make our first anniversary very memorable!

Cheers,

TravellingCA

1 Answer Nov 30, 2013 at 12:54 PM
    • Brussels tram stops

Brussels Nov 30, 2013 at 12:29 PM

Are the names of the tramstops advised on the trams via electronic board or automated system or is the route displayed on the tram ?

5 Answers Dec 2, 2013 at 12:13 AM
    • New Years Eve 2013

Brussels Nov 24, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Hi, Im spending New Year in Brussels this year and i have a couple of questions.

Will I require a ticket to attend the main firework display? And also will I require a ticket to get entrance to pubs/clubs that night too?

Thanks

1 Answer Nov 24, 2013 at 1:41 PM
    • first trip to Belgium this February

Brussels Nov 17, 2013 at 1:47 PM

I am looking for things that I must do - plan to have a day trip to Bruges, Antwerp and Amsterdam. Would love ideas!!

10 Answers Nov 18, 2013 at 11:34 AM
    • taurean_traveller's Profile Photo

Transfer from airport

Brussels Nov 1, 2013 at 10:45 AM

What are the options of getting from Brussels airport (BRU) to Brussels Midi Station.

I tried to browse back and maybe there is a train from airport to Midi??
      Is there a bus alternative and anyone an idea on costs and time involved?

5 Answers Nov 4, 2013 at 11:41 PM
    • Reg transit visa

Brussels Oct 14, 2013 at 3:57 AM

Hi.. I am having a long-term stay visa and carte de dejour in France. During my pass through Brussels, do I need to get a transit visa as the flight info says it..

5 Answers Oct 15, 2013 at 7:51 AM
    • Bar equipment

Région de Bruxelles-Capitale Oct 11, 2013 at 5:59 AM

I need a bottle dispencer like they have in bars. A bottle - big one - is upside down and you can get a 2cl or 4cl portion when you press it with a glass. Any shop that sells those?

Pekka

• al_mary's Profile Photo

Apartment In Brussels

Brussels Oct 4, 2013 at 6:45 PM

Greetings from the USA,

We are looking at renting an apartment for 2 weeks in Brussels.

We have found a nice one that we like: (see link below)
      http://www.vrbo.com/1056118a

The address is:
      Rue de Nancy 10, 1000 Brussels

Our question is about the location. Is anyone familiar with
      the area the apartment is in, and if so, is it a nice area ?

Any input would be greatly appreciated,
      "Happy Travels"
      Al and Mary / USA

4 Answers Oct 4, 2013 at 11:36 PM
    • next two weeks in brussels.

Brussels Sep 13, 2013 at 12:21 AM

what to wear next week in brussels?
      how is weather feels?
      what to take?

4 Answers Sep 13, 2013 at 1:26 PM
    • cottonstone's Profile Photo

a day in brussels

Brussels Sep 9, 2013 at 2:56 AM

hello
      me and my family would be coming down to brussels from eindhoven, netherlands on 22nd sept. for 1 day.
      we definitely want to visit mini-europe. what other attractions shall we not miss at any cost??
      thank you!

13 Answers Sep 9, 2013 at 8:01 AM
    • what is best way to get from charleroi airport brussels to brussels midi train station

Saint-Gilles Aug 31, 2013 at 3:38 PM

can you help me find cheapest and safe way to get from charleroi airport to brussels midi train station

5 Answers Jan 29, 2014 at 8:57 AM
    • halikowski's Profile Photo

Rue de la Pacification?

Brussels Aug 27, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Is this street in the 'combat zone'? Need to find a place to live, but judging from some of the types of people running around it is too close to St. Josse and its notoriously high criminality rates.. I would be grateful if some locals could share their views. Thanks, Stefan

2 Answers Aug 28, 2013 at 8:11 AM
    • Monday Closings

Brussels Aug 22, 2013 at 11:16 AM

heading to Brussels and have realized that much is closed on Mondays, what remains open?

2 Answers Aug 23, 2013 at 1:27 AM