Región de Atacama

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Day tour to San Alfonso del Mar

Algarrobo Dec 15, 2014 at 12:52 AM

We will be visiting Valparaiso, and want to see if we can spend half a day traveling to Algarrobo just to see San Alfonso del Mar's biggest pool in the world, from the outside (I know we are not allowed in). Anybody knows where does the bus stop in Algarrobo (got an address?) will we be able to walk to San Alfonso del Mar? We can take a bus or taxi, but the worry is getting back to the bus station (to take a bus back to Valpo).

Any insight will be greatly appreciated

more
    • looking for Transport on 31.12.2014 from Puerto Natales to Hotel Grey?

Torres del Paine Dec 17, 2014 at 9:12 AM

looking for Transport on 31.12.2014 from Puerto Natales to Hotel Grey, 03.01.2015 from Laguna Amaraga or Hotel Grey to Puerto Natales?

feel free to contact me: pit_26_@hotmail.com

Kind regards
      Peter

more
    • FlyingDutchmen's Profile Photo

bus from Santiago to Mendoza

Chile Dec 4, 2014 at 4:29 AM

hi

I will leave Santiago de Chile with a bus from Andesmar to Mendoza in January 2015.
      From which Terminal do they leave?

And on the website of Andesmar they talk about the Output Habilitation Rate for entering Argentina.
      Does this apply for me? I have Dutch nationality.

I think it is very strange that I can buy a bus ticket on the website of Andesmar and that they don't give vital information. They don't respond on my email as well.

Thanks

Tobias

more
    • Drop off luggage possibility at the cruiseterminal in Valparaiso ?

Valparaíso Dec 6, 2014 at 4:10 AM

Hi,

We arrive by cruise (HAL Zaandam) at 22nd of december and we would like to know if we can drop off our luggage at VPT for halfd a day? So we can visit alparaiso/Vina del Mar.

If not possible to drop off our luggage at VTP is there another area to drop off our luggage?

With kind regards,

Fabian Brochard

more
    • Spending Just A Day

Valparaíso Dec 13, 2014 at 11:37 AM

Have a full day to spend in Valparaiso. Since my interests are in taking pictures of colorful homes and panoramic city views where would you recommend going and how best to get around town?

more
    • Meeting up with people in the park

Torres del Paine Dec 7, 2014 at 6:12 AM

Hello!
      My friends are starting in at the Paine Grande entrance and I would like to meet them halfway through the hike to just to the torres del paine. is this possible? can i meet them at the amargo bus stop? suggestions for where to meet??
      thank you so so much!!
      theresa

more

Popular Región de Atacama Travel Answer Locations

• souljacker's Profile Photo

Hotel and tours for on budget couple in San Pedro

Región de Atacama Apr 13, 2012 at 9:05 PM

I'll be staying for 8 days with my girlfriend in Chile.

We'll be arriving at Santiago November the 13rd and will be taking a plane to Calama the 16th by the morning. From there we'll be going to San Pedro where we expect to stay until the 20th.

I'm trying to plan our stay in San Pedro but I'm finding it very dificult

First thing: would you guys recommend us an hotel?

We're a little bit on a budget, but anything around US$100/day would be fine. Only things I want is private room and shower and it to be as close to the village as possible.

About the tours: should I look for any agency in particular?

Thanks a lot guys

2 Answers May 2, 2012 at 9:22 AM
    • Busing from La Paz to Iquique

Región de Atacama Mar 9, 2012 at 9:40 AM

I am trying to find a bus from La Paz Bolivia to Iquique CHile but I am having lots of troubles, does anybody know of any?

3 Answers Mar 9, 2012 at 6:02 PM
    • Atacama

Región de Atacama Mar 3, 2012 at 9:39 PM

What areas of the Atacama would be of most interest to a backpacker with seven to ten days to spend in the Atacama and Patagonia? Will not have a car.

3 Answers Mar 4, 2012 at 11:18 AM
    • pietershoek's Profile Photo

Sculpture of a big hand in the desert

Región de Atacama Jan 10, 2011 at 11:48 AM

Who can tell me more about the sculpture of the big hand in Atacama desert.
      For instance who has made it, when was it placed there. Size?, etc.
      May be a link to local website with more information or a nice picture.

Thanks and kind regards, Joop

4 Answers Jan 14, 2011 at 3:26 PM
    • chbuchie's Profile Photo

Planning 5 unforgettable weeks through South America

Región de Atacama Oct 22, 2009 at 4:50 AM

Hola ,

I’ll be in South America in November and have drafted an impossible itinerary and now I can use all of your help to get it right. I do travel at a fast pace and take countries by storm instead of smelling the roses but transport limits anybody’s options

This is/was my initial plan
      7/nov Flight Bxl - Rio
      8/nov Rio
      9/nov Rio
      10/nov Iguazu BR
      11/nov Iguazu AR
      12/nov Buenos Aires
      13/nov Buenos Aires
      14/nov BA to PM
      15/nov Perito Moreno
      16/nov Perito Moreno
      17/nov Travel to Atacama
      18/nov Atacama Laguna Miscanti y Miniques & Valle de la luna
      19/nov Atacama Chuquicamata & El Tatio Geyser
      20/nov Atacama Buffer day
      21/nov Chile - Bolivia
      22/nov Uyuni
      23/nov Uyuni
      24/nov Uyuni
      25/nov Uyuni or La Paz
      26/nov La Paz
      27/nov Coroico
      28/nov Fly La Paz - Rurrenabaque
      29/nov Rurrenabaque
      30/nov Rurrenabaque
      1/dec Rurrenabaque
      2/dec Lago Titicaca
      3/dec Copacabana & Isla del Sol
      4/dec Arequipa
      5/dec Colca Canyon
      6/dec Colca Canyon
      7/dec Cuzco
      8/dec Machu Picchu sunset
      9/dec Machu Picchu sunrise - fly Cuzco to Lima
      10/dec Lima
      11/dec Flight Lima - Atlanta
      12/dec Atlanta
      Flight Atlanta - Brussel
      13/dec Back Home

My draft plan is indeed too tightly scheduled as I find out while booking flights/buses/tours..
      My original plan was to fly between these destinations :
      Rio - Iguazu - Buenos Aires - Perito Moreno - Calama/San Pedro de Atacama
      But Perito Moreno is indeed too remote and takes a lot of time and money to reach, then also difficult to continue to Calama as this seems to be a small airport. Besides I prefer nature to cities and as I only planned to spend 2 days in Buenos Aires that is an expensive flight from Iguazu. So in case I skip BA and PM I can continue from Iguazu to Calama, unless the flight from Rio is a lot cheaper but then I should book an all in tour from Rio to Iguazu (return flight + park entrance + hostel).
      Do you know by chance if there are any interesting offers ? I did some research on the internet but most sites are in Portuguese, difficult for me.
      I'll land in Rio on November 8th , where I will spend 1 or 2 days so I can book a tour to Iguazu starting from November 9th or 10th to spend 2days there as I want to see both the Brazilian as the Argentinian side of the falls and preferably also go as close as possible by boat.
      Do you also know which airline proposes a good connection from Rio (or Iguazu) to Calama (Chile) ?

If rio-iguazu-rio is not worthwhile then I might still fly to BA and continue by bus through North Argentina towards Atacama. How many days should I foresee for this, with stops in Mendoza and Salta? Can I include nightbuses to win some time?
      Which option would you recommend? 1. Rio - Atacama or 2. Iguazu-BA-Mendoza-Salta-Atacama

I've been told about corrupt customs agents on the CL-BO border, now you tell me it's AR-CL.... it's all part of the fun I guess

Do tour operators offer to visit the nice places in Atacama and also drop you off at Uyuni? Do you have a website or email of the tour operator that can do all this?
      Can I book the Salar de Uyuni tour towards La Paz, starting from Uyuni ?
      So far I found there are only 2 buses a week from Atacama to Uyuni , but hope that is not true
      sanpedroatacama.com/ingles/i...
      Should I also include a buffer day to cross the Bolivia-Peru border?

Is it true that the Salar de Uyuni is flooded by rain in nov-dec? Does that not spoil the scenery? Hopefully I can get to see it at sunrise, the best moment of the day to enjoy nature's beauty.

Can I book an all-in tour from La Paz to Rurrenabaque(flight, safari, accomodation, .. booze?)

Re Machu Picchu I understood so far that the entrance to the site is unlimited, but they only allow 500p/day on the Inca Trail, which I'm not doing due to lack of time. On the other hand I should be very early there to get a ticket for the Huaynu Picchu on the other side so I can enjoy the sunrise from there. Is all this correct?

Sorry for this huge bunch of questions, but I'm looking forward to go to South America for the first time and really want to make the best out of it

feel free to contact me directly on christian.buchheit@gmail.com as I read those emails a few times a day

Muchas gracias para ayudarme
      hasta luego,
      Christian

5 Answers Oct 27, 2009 at 9:07 AM
    • Chryselle's Profile Photo

Chacabuco Ghost Town from Calama?

Región de Atacama Oct 10, 2007 at 12:34 PM

Hi,

What's the easiest way to get to the Chacabuco Ghost town from Calama? How far is it by taxi? Is there a bus that will take me there?

Smiles,
      Chryselle

• Yasuo-ms's Profile Photo

How many days for Atacama?

Región de Atacama Jul 8, 2007 at 3:20 AM

Hi,

We are a group of friends visiting Peru, Bolivia and Chile (Atacama) in April 2008. We still don't know if we will have to visit Atacama but we we want to try. We will be doing a 3 day tour in the Uyuni region in Bolivia and if we have time we will head for Atacama. How many days do you recommend for someone visiting the Atacama desert? Is there a lot to see? Is it very different from the Uyuni Region?

Thanks id advance!

3 Answers Dec 16, 2007 at 3:02 AM
    • barnickles's Profile Photo

Salta to San Pedro de Atamaca

Región de Atacama May 19, 2006 at 11:13 AM

Hello everyone,
      I saw in an earlier forum that there is a bus from Salta to San Pedro de Atamaca, and I was just wondering around how long the trip takes?
      Thanks,
      Jess

2 Answers May 20, 2006 at 2:32 PM
    • Overland travel between Calama & Salta

Región de Atacama Nov 15, 2004 at 6:28 PM

In mid February, 2005 I would like to travel overland between Calama & Salta, or Salta to Calama. How is that done? bus, guided tour, etc?

2 Answers Nov 28, 2004 at 6:49 PM
    • Atacama

Región de Atacama Sep 12, 2004 at 10:57 AM

Does anyone recommend a tour operator in this region?

3 Answers Feb 18, 2005 at 6:30 PM