Región Metropolitana de Santiago

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• 24 hours in santiago

Santiago Apr 4, 2014 at 6:45 AM

We arrive from Sydney into Santiago for just 24 hours before be catch a connecting flight to Peru. Where is bets to stay that is near the airport but still near the city that we can enjoy and explore for the day ?

Would downtown be a good idea ?

more

Popular Región Metropolitana de Santiago Travel Answer Locations

• 24 hours in santiago

Santiago Apr 4, 2014 at 6:45 AM

We arrive from Sydney into Santiago for just 24 hours before be catch a connecting flight to Peru. Where is bets to stay that is near the airport but still near the city that we can enjoy and explore for the day ?

Would downtown be a good idea ?

6 Answers Apr 5, 2014 at 7:44 AM
    • TRANSFER VALPERAISO CRUISE TERMINAL TO SANTIAGO HOTEL BY CAR WITH DRIVER

Santiago Dec 28, 2013 at 4:39 AM

How can we book this?

2 Answers Dec 28, 2013 at 9:53 AM
    • airport to santiago marriott

Santiago Dec 13, 2013 at 12:51 PM

best way to get from airport to santiago marriott? taxi, bus or metro?

5 Answers Dec 13, 2013 at 9:43 PM
    • Transportation

Santiago Dec 2, 2013 at 7:38 PM

What is the safe and reasonable way for 4 people to go from airport to Holiday Inn Express
      At Av. Vitacura 2929. Santiago, Chile? Price

6 Answers Dec 3, 2013 at 1:11 PM
    • transport Santiago to Valparaiso on 21.12.2013

Santiago Nov 2, 2013 at 12:58 AM

looking for a private Transport on 21.12.2013 from Airport to Valparaiso. Maybe to get with some other tourists together ..., We are on a cruise with celebrity on 22.12.2013.
      What are the cost for 2 Persons?

5 Answers Nov 29, 2013 at 3:54 AM
    • monicarc's Profile Photo

General safety question

Santiago Oct 22, 2013 at 8:39 AM

Might spend 2 or 3 weeks in Santiago while husband is on business trip, so we will have our two kids with us, 5 and 2 at the time. The plan is I would take the kids around to the zoo, parks, plazas during the day, going on the subway. Just wondering if the subway is safe, as well as the areas around the park, museums for walking, during the day for a woman alone with two kids? We are extremely well traveled and are Latin, so we will blend in. Won't take any flashy jewelry, etc.

8 Answers Nov 29, 2013 at 3:54 AM
    • Airport Transfers

Santiago Oct 3, 2013 at 2:06 AM

Researching airport transfers for single female traveller arriving in Santiago airport at 11.00pm. Have found Taxi service called 'Go Airport' that seems to be recently new in South America. Has anybody had any experiences with them - can't find any reviews about them

5 Answers Oct 3, 2013 at 10:55 AM
    • JessieLang's Profile Photo

Reliable guide

Santiago Sep 4, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Do any of you know a good guide in Santiago or Valparaiso? All this is still tentative and may not even happen, but I am helping plan a South American cruise from Valparaiso to Buenos Aires for a group of senior citizens next February. We would need a guide for a day in Santiago, a day--or partial day--in Valparaiso and possibly transportation from a Santiago hotel to the port in Valparaiso. I don't have a feel for the number of passengers yet--probably between 4 and a dozen..
      NOTE: I do know about the bus from the airport to the port, but It would be like herding cats to get them all on it.

Are there any good hotels in Valparaiso? I was considering spending a night there, but most of the hotels seem to be small and lack elevators. That would work fine for me, but not for some of our group.

4 Answers Nov 29, 2013 at 3:54 AM
    • Where to spend most time?

Santiago Aug 19, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Wife and I are traveling to Chile for 8 to 10 days. We want to spend some time in Valparaiso and Santiago. For reference our last vacations were panama Costa Rica and Germany/Czech/Austria. We like a variety of everything leaning more towards natural settings (beaches/waterfalls). All our travel Once we have arrived (flight)will be done by public transportation or taxis. Should we attempt to go to the lake region as well. Or would we be spreading ourselves too thin? We want to see as much as possible but don't want to be exhausted at the same time. Thank you in advance.

12 Answers Aug 25, 2013 at 12:20 PM
    • Romantic Restaurant

Santiago Aug 10, 2013 at 5:43 AM

I´m brasilian, and i´m going to chile with my boyfriend. I will stay downtown and i´m looking for romantic restaurant for special evening. Any suggestion? I like seafod and good wine.

3 Answers Aug 12, 2013 at 11:00 AM
    • car and driver for hire

Santiago Aug 6, 2013 at 7:37 PM

I need a ride to the trailhead for Volcan San Jose from Santiago about a 2 1/2 hour drive(1 person, skis and 40 kg gear) and return 3 weeks later.

1 Answer Aug 8, 2013 at 3:28 PM
    • SFO flights to Santiago, Chile

Santiago Jul 10, 2013 at 5:16 PM

What are the best prices for flights in October/November

4 Answers Jul 10, 2013 at 8:03 PM
    • Taxi from santiago to valparaiso

Santiago Jul 4, 2013 at 5:12 PM

What are the best way to go from santiago airport to valparaiso, 2 person at christmas 2013?

3 Answers Jul 7, 2013 at 5:34 PM
    • AngelousV's Profile Photo

Error in Photos

Santiago Jun 14, 2013 at 6:45 PM

no images of "Cerro Santa Lucia, Santiago" where the images do not match. pictures of "Funicular" correspond to "Cerro San Cristobal".

3 Answers Jun 15, 2013 at 1:55 PM
    • donnajstevens's Profile Photo

tango lessons

Santiago May 19, 2013 at 6:59 AM

Hi, I will be in Santiago in June and I am interested in taking tango lessons. Can anyone recommend classes or teachers?
      thanks

4 Answers May 22, 2013 at 8:03 AM
    • amitabhsinghal's Profile Photo

in santiago for 3 nights in june

Santiago May 11, 2013 at 1:44 AM

i am coming in to santiago (on the way back from Pucon) and will stay there 3 nights. will be alone and on a budget, but want to be in a central location/city center, from where one can walk around to local shopping centers, bars, etc. and with good metro connectivity to airport. Is Londres a good place to be ? request suggestions for nice, clean areas and possibly some decent budget hotels in those areas please ?
      Thanks very much
      Amitabh

9 Answers Nov 29, 2013 at 3:54 AM
    • Question title

Santiago Mar 27, 2013 at 9:03 PM

where to buy name brand international clothing and sports clothing

3 Answers Mar 28, 2013 at 9:09 AM
    • Cerro San Cristobal

Santiago Mar 22, 2013 at 11:12 AM

I have read on another site the funicular is not working. Also will there be any catholic masses here for Easter?

4 Answers Apr 6, 2013 at 6:55 PM
    • catholic masses

Santiago Mar 22, 2013 at 10:08 AM

We will be arriving good Fri. For 1 week. Are their any masses scheduled during this time? Also is the funicular working?

1 Answer Apr 6, 2013 at 6:59 PM
    • airport to bus to subway barquedano station,.

Santiago Feb 5, 2013 at 6:30 PM

i need to know how do i get to bus from airport------- then bus to subway station to go to subway station BAQUEDANO.. first time to santiago so a detailed information will help--thanks duncan i will have bags.

• Any ideas for a special evening in Santiago de Chile?

Santiago Dec 23, 2012 at 4:49 AM

Hi,

my friend and I are backpacking in Chile in January and she will have her Birthday in Santiago. I would like to surprise her with something special for that evening. Does anyone have any ideas for that? Like: a rooftop bar, a place with lovely live music, special place to go to... We're backpackers, so it shouldn't be the Ritz :)

I really hope you can help me, thanks in advance!!

Best,

Lampenladen

2 Answers Nov 29, 2013 at 3:54 AM
    • Wine shop in Santiago and Valparaiso

Santiago Dec 19, 2012 at 4:04 PM

Are there any good wine shops in the Parque Arauco mall? Does anyone know if the mall will be open either on Christmas day or December 26?

What about a good wine shop in Valparaiso? Are there any within walking distance of the cruise terminal?

Carl

4 Answers Nov 29, 2013 at 3:54 AM
    • christmas in Santiago

Santiago Dec 16, 2012 at 4:07 PM

Hi I'm in Santiago now and will be here until Christmas
      wondering is there anything that makes my Christmas special in Santiago?
      I don't have much friends since I'm new here
      could be desperate if I go somewhere alone
      Is there any special event or Christmas party I can join?
      Thanks

2 Answers Dec 17, 2012 at 1:03 PM
    • mdenton's Profile Photo

Questions Santiago

Santiago Dec 11, 2012 at 10:38 AM

Hello all. A few questions. I'm planning a two week trip to Santiago in spring of 2013. Will local banks exchange US dollars for pesos at a fair rate? If not, what would be your suggestions? I will also bring credit cards, but prefer to pay Efectivo. The guide books tell me that some hotels will not charge the 19% tax when paying in US dollars. Is this generally true? Are US dollars widely accepted?

I'm renting a car and will be driving to the coast and to see Valparaiso/Vina del Mar area in addition to Santiago. How would you rate driving/parking difficulty in these cities? My scale would rate Chicago - easy, Madrid - difficult, Mexico City - very difficult, Rome - almost impossible.

Thanks a lot for any advice you might provide. I have heard great things about Chile and want to see it for myself.

10 Answers Dec 29, 2012 at 7:56 PM
    • jitkaceska's Profile Photo

How to withdraw money from ATM

Santiago Nov 18, 2012 at 7:49 AM

Can anybody describe - step by step - how to withdraw money from CAJERO AUTOMATICO, please? My Spanish isn´t so good and last time I lost my credit card, because of I used the wrong name of the account. I have VISA and MC both debit and credit cards . Thanks a lot for your help.

3 Answers Nov 22, 2012 at 6:33 AM
    • boasnovas's Profile Photo

day trips

Santiago Aug 31, 2012 at 1:31 PM

hello
      I will be for 4 days in the city.
      Suggestions for day trips?
      I will be able to hire a car...
      thank you

5 Answers Sep 19, 2012 at 5:23 AM
    • Shuttle Transportation

Santiago Jun 13, 2012 at 3:26 PM

I require shuttle transportation from Valparaiso Ferry Terminal to RQ Central Suites in Santiago. Can someone provide me with name and e-mail address of a shuttle bus company and cost?

1 Answer Jun 16, 2012 at 11:39 AM
    • handher's Profile Photo

Santiago in short time.

Santiago Mar 22, 2012 at 7:56 PM

Guys;

I would love an idea of what I can do in Santiago in a day. Actually I have a night available (Monday afternoon and night) then Thursday all day and Friday until 4pm. An itinerary would be great as it will be my first day in the city. I am going for a work conference and playing with the free time to see around the city. I will be staying about 4 blocks from "Palacio de la Moneda" on huerfanos street.

Your suggestions will be very welcomed!!!!

19 Answers Mar 29, 2012 at 3:48 AM
    • Travel Plan Suggestions

Región Metropolitana de Santiago Feb 4, 2012 at 5:05 PM

I am flying into Santiago and land at 11pm on Saturday night. I fly out from Lima at 7am on Saturday two weeks later. I was wondering if people had suggestions about how I should go about my itinerary? Here is a list of things I want to do:

Must do:
      -Climb Machu Picchu
      -Party in Santiago
      -At least one good hike outside of Machu Picchu
      -Eat Great Food and drink local beer/wine

Want to do:
      -See Patagonia, if only for a day
      -Waterfalls if there are any good ones
      -Other suggestions

We are on a budget, but not too much around1000 for whole trip (including porters/fees for climb). Please tell me if this is realistic? I've looked up hostels and it looks like that will run about15/day. And I'm assuming20/day for food and drink is sufficient? That leaves up to35 for travel (flights, trains, buses) and side stuff (climb, souvenirs). If anyone could shed some light it would be so much appreciated. As it stands, it is me and a good friend from college going, 2 24 year old males. We would like to make sure 2-3 nights we get decent sleep, but can trek through and deal with it being a fast-paced trip. Also if any trains/buses are longer than 6 hours (unless it is a comfortable overnight bus/train), we would rather just fly and will up our budget.

2 Answers Feb 5, 2012 at 6:35 AM
    • Bus Santiago Airport to Concepcion

Santiago Jan 17, 2012 at 8:34 AM

I'm a senior travelling alone with 2 suitcases. I'll arrive in the Int. Airport Jan 24 morning and want to take a bus to Concepcion, where family will meet me. I know there are several bus lines that go from Santiago. Which of them has a bus Terminal that's more convenient to get to from the Int. Airport? Can bus tickets be bought a couple of hours before departure?

4 Answers Jan 17, 2012 at 6:06 PM