Región Aisén del General Carlos Ibáñez del Campo

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• bus from punta arenas to el calafate

Punta Arenas Dec 30, 2014 at 10:48 AM

We are a group of 15 people that would like to go from Punta Arenas to El calafate .For us the best solution would be a private bus / van with a driver.Do you know any agency that could help us?

more
    • What is the best way to purhcase airline tickets from Santiago to Castro?

Chile Jan 12, 2015 at 1:12 PM

We are planning on 2 week trip to Chile in June with our 8 year old. We will stay mostly in the northern area but would love to go visit Chiloe for a few days. I checked on LAN but it's about $400/person to fly from Santiago to Castro. Is this the best way to purchase airline tickets between Santiago and Castro?

more
    • paying with credit card

Chile Jan 15, 2015 at 4:56 PM

I saw that a hotel in San Pedro de Atacama indicating that if the hotel room is paid with a credit card, it will be charged at the local Calama exchange rate. Should we carry lots of CLP and settle hotels with cash? Is there any disadvantage in using US issued credit card in Chile (other than your card may charge fx fees - my card doesn't so this isn't an issue). Thanks!

more
    • Bus travel

Chile Dec 31, 2014 at 2:30 PM

We plan to fly to punto arenas and take buses north all the way back to Lima. Is this possible? I only see short bus travel, not any going north to Concepcion. Thanks

more

Popular Región Aisén del General Carlos Ibáñez del Campo Travel Answer Locations

• How to get from Puerto Chacabuco to Coyhaique

Puerto Chacabuco Jun 11, 2014 at 9:20 AM

We are a party of 4 coming on Nov 27, 2014 with a cruise liner. We will be docked from 10am-6pm.
      1. Is the road from Puerto Chacabuco to Coyhaique well paved? (We wouldn't like to have flat tyres and not be able to get back to our ship on time.)
      2. Would you reccommend we drive ourselves? If yes, is there a car rental service we could book from?
      3. Or would it be better to hire a taxi? If yes, and taxi company name? Any idea of costs?
      5/ ANy other idea of what to do in the area?
      Thank you.
      Bilha

6 Answers Jun 15, 2014 at 12:05 AM
    • BrettM10's Profile Photo

Where to stay in Puerto Rio Tranquilo???

Hi just wondering if anyone knows of a nice but cheap place to stay in Puerto Rio Tranquilo?
      Can´t seem to find much on the internet. But we need a place to stay for 3 days while we go to San Rafael and Capillas de Marmol.

Appreciate any tips

• Cabanas En El Campo

We will be in the Aisen for the last 2 weeks of September and the first week of October. We were looking for quiet cabins in the countryside, away from Coyhaique. We will have a 4x4 vehicle. I saw some cabins at Lago Tamango but they were still closed for the season.

Any ideas?
      Thanks,

Arne

2 Answers Nov 26, 2012 at 12:54 AM
    • glaciers in chile

Chile Chico Nov 1, 2010 at 12:43 AM

Hi
      I was planning a vacation to Perito Moreno
      but it looks like my visa to Argentina will not be issued
      I do have a Chile visa tho....

so any chance i can see perito moreno glacier or any similarly awesome glaciers in chile?

thx for the tips

Mark

3 Answers Nov 2, 2010 at 1:29 AM
    • Puerto Chacabuco Tours

Puerto Chacabuco Jan 26, 2010 at 11:34 AM

When arriving at Puerto Chacabuco on a cruise ship,is their private tour companies to do tours with or is it best to book a tour from the ship? Also if there are private tour companies, which are the recommended ones?

2 Answers Jan 26, 2010 at 1:23 PM
    • trip to laguna san raphael from puerto chacabuco

Laguna San Rafael Dec 21, 2009 at 1:38 AM

Is possible to have a tour of one day,about the 10th of january 2010 from Puerto Chacabuco?
      We are two people
      mauro sanna
      my e-mail :maurosannarif@virgilio.it

• 4 backpackers from Salzburg in Austria are travelling around the world

Puerto Chacabuco Oct 30, 2009 at 9:08 AM

We want to go with the ferry from Chacabuco to Quellon in February 2010. Can you give me a timetable and the price for 1 person, if its necessary we take a cabin for 4 people.

Thanks Dietmar

1 Answer Oct 30, 2009 at 1:49 PM
    • how to get into Argentina

Coihaique Jan 10, 2007 at 7:15 AM

Hi all.
      I'm having a nightmare with buses trying to get out of Coihaique. I want to get over the Argeninean boarder towards Perito Moreno (probably via Los Antiguos) as soon as possible. Can any one advise me of bus companies that do this route and when - I need to go tomorrow if possible.
      Thanks a million in advance.

• Boleslav's Profile Photo

Laguna Rafael day trip from Pto Chacabuco

Hi, have anyone of you done the day trip from Puerto Chacabuco to Laguna Rafael.
      I wonder what you can say about it, wha company you used, the cost and did you like it? I guess this could be an alternative to see the fjords since I do not want to do the Puerto Montt Punto Natales Navimag journey. Question is the cost as the guide books aren mentioning quite steep fare. Thank you :)

1 Answer Feb 12, 2006 at 8:38 PM
    • Termas de Jahuel

Has anybody been to Termas de Jahuel? Would you recommend it as a place to stay 2 days?

4 Answers Aug 11, 2004 at 11:03 AM
    • MariusG's Profile Photo

visiting Laguna San Rafael

Laguna San Rafael Oct 31, 2003 at 1:33 AM

Hi, I am preparing for a trip to Patagonia and I have some questions about Laguna San Rafael 1. is it very different from Moreno and Upsala glaciers in Argentina which I plan visiting anyway, in other words does it make sense to spend this little fortune for Laguna San Rafael trip? 2. I was told that there is a one day sail option as well, but I can't find it on Internet, only these very expensive 3-5 day trips - any information? 3. I was also told that there is also a flight option to Laguna San Rafael - any information on that? Thank you, Marius

6 Answers Dec 23, 2003 at 6:25 PM
    • olgatamara's Profile Photo

Laguna San Rafael - how to get there?

Laguna San Rafael Aug 23, 2003 at 1:45 PM

Hey, I'm going to visit Chile in november. I have the airpass for 3 flights, but two of them will use in the north..so I have one flight left and want to visit Laguna San Rafael. I want to fly from Santiago d. Chile to Coychaique. How can I get to Laguna San Rafael from there and whether it is possible. Problem is that I don't have time for 3 day cruise. Has anyone of you been there? Do you know the prices and conditions?????????? P.S. This picture is a joke....I'm much more attractive.....

4 Answers Sep 8, 2003 at 6:28 PM